Giants still fighting for a playoff spot, has to be good for us

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny Devito has led them to 3 straight wins. Vikings look horrible lately. They just got a a head to head win against GB. Definitely not impossible for them to get that 7 seed, hopefully this means they will be fighting like hell against the Eagles their 2 upcoming games.
Tommy cutlets is gonna beat Philthy.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They won't get that playoff spot, but it speaks volumes about Daboll that his team rallied so hard behind a rookie QB in a lost season. This is the time of year where the cellar dwellers start phoning it in, but New York's not about to join them.
Hmmmm where have I seen this story before? Oh yeah, 2010. When Jason Garrett took over for Wade and we were playing our backup, won some games and everyone applauded Garrett and how they rallied around him.

Daboll isn't a good coach. So yes, I hope they do latch onto him because Giants have zero future right now. One less team to worry about in the East.

Creeper

Reaction score
Green Bay is not a good team. The Giants beating them was not the same as the Giants beating the Eagles. I was glad to see them win last night because I hate the Packers and the way the media fawns over them for nothing. The Giants practically gave them the game last night with that ridiculous fumble by Barkley late in the game.

Which reminds me, I saw so many players stumble on that turf last night including several Giants. I know players around the league complain about the turf there but it must be horrible, and dangerous. These are world class athletes so seeing them trip over their own feet in the open field says something about the field. I wonder if the Giants will resurface that field in the offseason to make it safer for the players.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Suddenly the Eagles remaining schedule looks a little daunting. Nothing worse than facing well coached teams in December/January that still have hope, yet nothing to lose. Enter the Seahawks and Giants. If Geno Smith can play Monday night, Philly is going to get themselves all they handle.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Giants win one against the Eagles, we can afford to lose a game and still win the division, as long as the loss isn’t against Washington.
This is very weird to say this, but the Giants right now are one of the most overrated piles of turd there is. I mean, they are awful.

visionary

Reaction score
Ok guys, that was nice but the Aints aint beating the Beagles

Our best shot is that Geno plays and Seattle beats Philly

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Danny Devito has led them to 3 straight wins. Vikings look horrible lately. They just got a a head to head win against GB. Definitely not impossible for them to get that 7 seed, hopefully this means they will be fighting like hell against the Eagles their 2 upcoming games.
This is exactly why I was rooting for them last night…that and I just hate GB. :grin:

Flamma

Reaction score
It's great for us. Forget a playoff spot. Devito has inspired the entire team. That's all we need. That's all we ask for. Be at your best when playing the Eagles. The Giants have the Saints, Eagles, Rams, Eagles. They're not making the playoffs.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I don't think they are good enough to beat philly.
That’s why they play the games!
Who thought they would beat GB?

I think with a little luck, the ball bouncing their way, the Giants have a decent chance to beat the Ugles one out of two games.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hmmmm where have I seen this story before? Oh yeah, 2010. When Jason Garrett took over for Wade and we were playing our backup, won some games and everyone applauded Garrett and how they rallied around him.

Daboll isn't a good coach. So yes, I hope they do latch onto him because Giants have zero future right now. One less team to worry about in the East.
No one in the NFL would agree with that assessment. Josh Allen hasn't been the same since Daboll left. He got Daniel Jones to the playoffs and won a game, and now they've won three straight with Danny DeVito.

endersdragon

Reaction score
It's great for us. Forget a playoff spot. Devito has inspired the entire team. That's all we need. That's all we ask for. Be at your best when playing the Eagles. The Giants have the Saints, Eagles, Rams, Eagles. They're not making the playoffs.
With how the league's looking now, 8-9 could make it.... Especially if they beat the Saints and Rams. Win those 2, split against the Eagles, and strangers things have happened. Right now the Packers are in the 7 spot at 6-7 after all and the Vikings (the current 6) have a really tough schedule ahead.

Edit: I'm not sure I want the Giants in the playoffs (though after destroying them twice, why not) but I definitely want them thinking it's possible.

Edit #2: put that scenario into playoff machine, all I needed to do was have the Packers get upset once by the Bears (who have also been playing better as of late) and they were the #7 seed.