Gibbs - Whiner Extraordinaire

SAboys889

Houstonboys13
Reaction score
One is a crybaby

Sports Focus: Washington Commanders
Gibbs' special delivery Coach compiles a long list of supposed missed calls for the NFL to see
BY PAUL WOODY
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The delivery pouches that arrive at NFL headquarters on Tuesdays during the regular season must groan under the weight of the Washington Commanders' contributions.

When any NFL team thinks it has been the victim of a bad call, the team makes a copy of the film clip and ships it to NFL headquarters.

There, it is studied and analyzed and later in the week, the NFL informs the team on whether it was victimized.

Yesterday, Commanders coach Joe Gibbs had a litany of plays he planned to send to the NFL from the Washington-Tampa Bay game.

Leading the list was the two-point conversion made by Bucs fullback Mike Alstott. Those points gave Tampa Bay a 36-35 victory.

"We've got a real clear shot of it," Gibbs said. "The ball carrier is on the ground, six inches short. It's the same thing everybody else saw."

Also included in Gibbs package for the league is the extra point the Commanders blocked before Alstott's run. It appeared that at least two, perhaps more, Commanders were offside on the play in an attempt to beat the snap count. And they were penalized for it.

"We felt like we blocked it," Gibbs said. "Their center picked the ball up, and we felt like we got off right when he picked it up.

"We'll turn that one in."

And there's more.

"We run a slip screen, and they grabbed our guy's shirt," Gibbs said. "The No.1 thing you can't do is grab a guy's shirt. They wound up with an interception, so we're going to turn that one in."

And still there's more. In the first quarter, Bucs receiver Joey Galloway made a 34-yard reception to the Commanders 3, but did not get both feet down inbounds. The officials ruled that he had been forced out.

"We never touched him," Gibbs said. "We're turning that one in, too."

Conspicuous by its absence on the Commanders "turn in" list is the 94-yard kickoff return for a touchdown by Commanders running back Ladell Betts. The Bucs challenged the play, claiming Betts stepped out of bounds.

"To be quite truthful, I saw the same thing they [the officials] did," Gibbs said. "His cleats are down, but his heel is up."

Chances are the NFL office will get a copy of that play, courtesy of the Bucs.

"You could say these things even out," Gibbs said. "And you'd like to say we can't let it come down to that.

"But it can come down to that. Those kind of things will turn a game."

Fumbles and interceptions also will turn a game, and the Commanders, after committing three turnovers Sunday and forcing just one, are minus-11 in turnover ratio.

"You can play yourself silly, but if you wind up on the wrong side of that, which we've done, you're in trouble," Gibbs said.

"If you're minus-one, you've got a 20 percent chance to win the game."

The Commanders also lower their chances of winning when the defense gives up 36 points. One touchdown did come after quarterback Mark Brunell fumbled on the Commanders 5-yard line.

It was the fourth time this season the Commanders have given up more than 21 points in a game, and the second time they have given up more than 30.

Last season, when they were 6-10, the Commanders gave up more than 20 points in just four games, and never gave up more than 28.

"Our players want to be aggressive, and we need to be aggressive," Gibbs said. "But we don't want to have explosive plays against us. That was disappointing."

The Commanders gave up nine pass plays of 16 yards or more to the Bucs, including five of 30 yards or more.

"We're all together," Gibbs said. "I've got to be able to do something next week to help us."

Gibbs was not optimistic about having defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin (hip) back this week against Oakland. Gibbs was more upbeat on the chances of free safety Sean Taylor (ankle) returning to the lineup Sunday.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Parcells has NEVER sent a play into NFL HQ for review.

By the way, did you notice the classy way Reid and Parcells shook hands at the end of the day? Watch it and take notes you little crybaby biatch Gibbs.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...drum roll please...

Houstonboys13 said:
"I've got to be able to do something next week to help us."

Spend less time whining and more of your time working on and coaching this team to winning. Th sloppy play the Skins showed in that game is directly reflective on the coach.

Remember how much ownership Parcells took off this last season and vowed to work harder to improve the team. That's how honest people handle problems they are a part of. They find solutions to the problems.

They don't crank up the "whine-o-meter". Gibbs is terribly limited this go around in the NFL. He is one of the bigger liabilities to that team.

Right now in the NFC East the disciplinarians of Parcells and Coughlin are running circles around him.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I'm liking Gibbs less and less as time goes by. Talk about a whiner. Jeeze.

I can't stand that. He's acting just like the rest of that crying little fanbase.

Spend some of that time working on turnovers instead of making copies of video to send to the league office.

calico

Reaction score
I used to respect Gibbs until last year. He is a skin through and through...a complete scum bag playing the class act...but give them a lucky win or a tough loss and the ****** comes out.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I noticed the way Parcells and Reid showed respect to each other after the game. I know that if the situation were reversed, Parcells still would have shown respect to Reid.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I watched the handshake several times.

Parcells neared Reid and said, "That was friggin' brutal."

Although he didn't say friggin', if you get my drift.

Now reflect on the post game when the Commanders miraculous win this season against Dallas.

One man has class.

The other is an ***.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I'm liking Gibbs less and less as time goes by. Talk about a whiner. Jeeze.

I can't stand that. He's acting just like the rest of that crying little fanbase.

Spend some of that time working on turnovers instead of making copies of video to send to the league office.

I agree. What does he think the league will do with his little collection of video clips anyway, reverse the outcome of the game? Not bloody likely! They will review them and tell him politely that, yes they may have gotten a few calls wrong or missed a couple but that is part of the game and cannot ever be entirely eliminated or words to that effect.

Gibbs has become the "Danny Ainge" on the NFL.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Sad.

How about that KO return for a TF where it was obvious before replay

you couldnt see **** thorgh all the players on Alstotts run, what does he see?

odog422

Reaction score
he says several missed calls so hes going to submit a tape to the nfl. at one point, he says they watched a play "at least 30 times" to be sure they were right. hey joe, how about reviewing some of those lapses in coverage or blocking breakdowns that didnt allow you to close it out instead? maybe just a tad more productive?

at least his players seem to get it right.

ive lost total respect for the man.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/14/AR2005111401642.html

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
odog422 said:
he says several missed calls so hes going to submit a tape to the nfl. at one point, he says they watched a play "at least 30 times" to be sure they were right. hey joe, how about reviewing some of those lapses in coverage or blocking breakdowns that didnt allow you to close it out instead? maybe just a tad more productive?

at least his players seem to get it right.

ive lost total respect for the man.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/14/AR2005111401642.html

The more he complains like this, the more inevitably, he's making it worse for himself and his team.

COACH the team Joe, that' what your being paid a lot of money for. You're sounding like a rookie head coach at this point.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
I agree. What does he think the league will do with his little collection of video clips anyway, reverse the outcome of the game? Not bloody likely! They will review them and tell him politely that, yes they may have gotten a few calls wrong or missed a couple but that is part of the game and cannot ever be entirely eliminated or words to that effect.

Gibbs has become the "Danny Ainge" on the NFL.

...very professional.

Tobal

Reaction score
I think all teams send those in to the league for clarification if nothing else. Some just whine to the media about it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I wonder if Gibbs sent congratulatory flicks to the officials office when they stole that game for us fir 1) totally ignoring the obvious holding on Ellis on the 1st TD and 2) making up the phantom holding call on Flozelle Adams when we got a first down to basically end the game

Gibbs is a total troll at this point...I used to have alot of respect for him, but right now he is the ultimate cry baby whine arse

he should be more worried about how he his great defense got mauled by the Giants and Bucs for 72 pts in two games...and one team was without its starting QB and best WR

David

lkelly

Reaction score
Did Gibbs always cry about officiating in his first run as the Skins' coach? He's made it a real art form the past two years.

Is there crying in NASCAR?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lkelly said:
Did Gibbs always cry about officiating in his first run as the Skins' coach? He's made it a real art form the past two years.

Is there crying in NASCAR?

no, but he made a living off having a team that held probably 50-60% of the time, and rarely got called for it...one yr I think they had two offensive holding penalties all yr

David

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I wonder if Gibbs sent congratulatory flicks to the officials office when they stole that game for us fir 1) totally ignoring the obvious holding on Ellis on the 1st TD and 2) making up the phantom holding call on Flozelle Adams when we got a first down to basically end the game

Gibbs is a total troll at this point...I used to have alot of respect for him, but right now he is the ultimate cry baby whine arse

he should be more worried about how he his great defense got mauled by the Giants and Bucs for 72 pts in two games...and one team was without its starting QB and best WR

David

The Commanders were complaining about two calls in the Giants game that they lost 36-0 as if those two calls were the difference in the game.

According to the quote in my sig by Twain, Gibbs is a failure.

dstew60105

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

Yeah with every passing breath, Gibbs sounds more and more like a jerkoff.