Gibbs - Whiner Extraordinaire

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Difference between Cowboys and Skins fans: a late game comeback after being dominated for 50 plus minutes does not make you a SuperBowl team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Difference between Cowboys and Skins fans: a late game comeback after being dominated for 50 plus minutes does not make you a SuperBowl team.

I agree. Dallas looked flat last night and was out played for the most part, they did show caracter by not just folding their tents but we clearly have a lot more work to do to get where we want to go.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
he should be more worried about how he his great defense got mauled by the Giants and Bucs for 72 pts in two games...and one team was without its starting QB and best WR

David

and your team ought to be worried about how you beat by that 'whiner' 2 months ago.

thats pitiful. trying to paint gibbs as classless- because you didnt like the way he shakes parcells hand? class?? how about talking about trick plays as jap plays? thats classy.

gibbs isn't classy because he sent some obvious missed calls to the league? what does one have to do with the other? the refs blew the alstott call. but did you hear gibbs say the team shouldnt have been in that position and that they have to not turn the ball over? he's not passing the buck, *****. he's pointing out where the refs f-ed up......none of you guys in here would do that i'm sure.......and you act like there is something wrong with that.

for the record- those calls were big. but until that D can get to the QB, i'm not worried about the refs. taking a cheap shot at gibbs reveals who is 'classy' in this forum. (btw- i love how many of the posters here gush over parcells...as if he's a 'real' cowboy. your coach is a rental. he is and always will be a giant. he is no landry. and he could care less about you. and he hasnt won it since before gibbs last won a super bowl.)

now- where is that idiot who started a thread 7 weeks ago about how the skins shouldnt be 'happy' when they beat the cowboys...ya know- cuz they were outplayed for 56 minutes? i'll bet he's not happy today....

btw- gutsy comeback.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Didn't Parcells say he has never sent in a tape or official complaint of a call to the NFL?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
riggo said:
and your team ought to be worried about how you beat by that 'whiner' 2 months ago.

thats pitiful. trying to paint gibbs as classless- because you didnt like the way he shakes parcells hand? class?? how about talking about trick plays as jap plays? thats classy.

gibbs isn't classy because he sent some obvious missed calls to the league? what does one have to do with the other? the refs blew the alstott call. but did you hear gibbs say the team shouldnt have been in that position and that they have to not turn the ball over? he's not passing the buck, *****. he's pointing out where the refs f-ed up......none of you guys in here would do that i'm sure.......and you act like there is something wrong with that.

for the record- those calls were big. but until that D can get to the QB, i'm not worried about the refs. taking a cheap shot at gibbs reveals who is 'classy' in this forum. (btw- i love how many of the posters here gush over parcells...as if he's a 'real' cowboy. your coach is a rental. he is and always will be a giant. he is no landry. and he could care less about you. and he hasnt won it since before gibbs last won a super bowl.)

now- where is that idiot who started a thread 7 weeks ago about how the skins shouldnt be 'happy' when they beat the cowboys...ya know- cuz they were outplayed for 56 minutes? i'll bet he's not happy today....

btw- gutsy comeback.
Whiner, you sound like a skins fan, ... oh , wait, :lmao2:

ravidubey

Reaction score
I think you guys are missing the big picture. Joe Gibbs is being thorough and showing the league office, the refs, and the fans that Washington won't stand by and let themselves get jobbed. Do you think that tape will have any effect on the officiating crew's chances of ref'ing the Superbowl? You don't know, and neither do the referees. Referees that officiate Washington games have to be on their best behavior.

Jimmy Johnson did this same kind of thing all the time. Remember that bizarre Cowboy/Washington game in 1992 at RFK when Buck bull rushed Stepnoski back into Aikman and after a series of bobbled balls Washington ended up with a TD even though the play should have been ruled a safety? Johnson was livid, making a point well into the following week about how the refs blew it.

Calls matter, and good coaches don't let themselves get hosed without a fight.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I think you guys are missing the big picture. Joe Gibbs is being thorough and showing the league office, the refs, and the fans that Washington won't stand by and let themselves get jobbed. Do you think that tape will have any effect on the officiating crew's chances of ref'ing the Superbowl? You don't know, and neither do the referees. Referees that officiate Washington games have to be on their best behavior.

Jimmy Johnson did this same kind of thing all the time. Remember that bizarre Cowboy/Washington game in 1992 at RFK when Buck bull rushed Stepnoski back into Aikman and after a series of bobbled balls Washington ended up with a TD even though the play should have been ruled a safety? Johnson was livid, making a point well into the following week about how the refs blew it.

Calls matter, and good coaches don't let themselves get hosed without a fight.
Not after every bad call, or every game you lose.

gibbs is whining too much

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
We all know that Gibbs glasses actually afford him X-ray vision. GOSH!

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Jimmy Johnson did this same kind of thing all the time.

man, it got quiet in here.

ravid, you may be one of a few cowboy fans here who know who jimmy johnson- let alone tom landry- is. of course, judging by the comments they are posting about gibbs, i should have know that immediately.

wileedog

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Referees that officiate Washington games have to be on their best behavior.

If I were a ref and a head coach spent this much time and effort whining over and over and over about bad calls, I sure as heck would never, ever give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

He's probably a big joke to those guys by now. I bet they have contests every week to see who can piss him off the most.

kmd24

Reaction score
riggo said:

What makes you think the Cowboys aren't/weren't worried about it? It was definitely a wakeup call for the team.

riggo said:

Gibbs wouldn't even look Parcells in the eye after the game last year. Maybe there is a reason for it, but some of his behavior lines up in the "sore loser" column.

riggo said:
the refs blew the alstott call.

Very debatable. The ref on the field may have blown the call, but there's no way that call was going to be overturned either way.

riggo said:
(btw- i love how many of the posters here gush over parcells...as if he's a 'real' cowboy. your coach is a rental. he is and always will be a giant. he is no landry. and he could care less about you. and he hasnt won it since before gibbs last won a super bowl.)

That's about the most petty sniping I have ever heard. Are Cowboys fans supposed to curb their enthusiasm over winning because Parcells coached for another team? Did Commanders fans do the same when George Allen came over from the Rams? BTW, Landry was also a Giants coach (and player) before he joined the nascent Cowboys.

I could care less if Gibbs continues to whine his guts out. It isn't doing the Commanders any good as far as I can tell, as the "bad" calls seem to come every week.

ravidubey

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Not after every bad call, or every game you lose.

gibbs is whining too much

I agree, if it happens every week it loses emphasis and credibility and probably doesn't even get viewed. Still, it can't help the referees if some of their biggest screw-ups are highlighted on tape.

ravidubey

Reaction score
riggo said:
ravid, you may be one of a few cowboy fans here who know who jimmy johnson- let alone tom landry- is. of course, judging by the comments they are posting about gibbs, i should have know that immediately.

riggo, you have to admit Gibbs just sounds whiney and goofy at times. I have tremendous respect for the man, but don't expect fans from a rival board not to make some comments!

It's all in fun, bottom line is we owe you guys some payback on the field.

kmd24

Reaction score
riggo said:

So as a Commanders fan, do you consider Jimmy Johnson to be a classy coach?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Here's my problem, you can complain about the 2-pt conversion if you want... but complaining about the offsides????

Also included in Gibbs package for the league is the extra point the Commanders blocked before Alstott's run. It appeared that at least two, perhaps more, Commanders were offside on the play in an attempt to beat the snap count. And they were penalized for it.

"We felt like we blocked it," Gibbs said. "Their center picked the ball up, and we felt like we got off right when he picked it up.

"We'll turn that one in."

A blind monkey could have seen those guys jump offsides. They were 3 yards into the backfield by the time the ball was snapped. Gibbs is a tool.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Houstonboys13 said:
One is a crybaby

Conspicuous by its absence on the Commanders "turn in" list is the 94-yard kickoff return for a touchdown by Commanders running back Ladell Betts. The Bucs challenged the play, claiming Betts stepped out of bounds.

"To be quite truthful, I saw the same thing they [the officials] did," Gibbs said. "His cleats are down, but his heel is up."

Chances are the NFL office will get a copy of that play, courtesy of the Bucs.

Man oh man...That is funny.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
kmd24 said:
So as a Commanders fan, do you consider Jimmy Johnson to be a classy coach?
As a Cowboys fan I don't think you could call Johnson classy... great coach, but arrogant as hell.

... I guess that's your point, though, huh? :D

VACowboy

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Here's my problem, you can complain about the 2-pt conversion if you want... but complaining about the offsides????

A blind monkey could have seen those guys jump offsides. They were 3 yards into the backfield by the time the ball was snapped. Gibbs is a tool.

BINGO! Griping about the offsides call completely invalidates his complaints.

CowboysFan28

Reaction score
I hate gibbs.... I guess gibbs doesn't complain about the fact that on Tampa's last touchdown, the skins DB clearly interferes with the bucs receiver by grabbing his shoulder about 2 seconds before the ball gets there...good thing for tampa he still made the catch...gibbs is a soft whiner just like his fans..

EndGame

Reaction score
Do you think he'll send a clip of the Ladell Betts kick return for a TD? Betts stepped out of bounds.

It evens out, Joe. If your team hadn't committed a stupid penalty trying to keep the Bucs from kicking the extra point, they wouldn't have been in a position to go for the two point conversion.