Recommended Gif: Beasley almost broke Antrel Rolle's ankle

CaptainCreed

Reaction score
Loved this play, excellent route in an important part of the game. No idea why Rolle would not jam the hell out of Beasley, but I guess teams are not really game planning for Beasley when you gotta worry about Dez and Witten killing ya.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I wonder if that was an option route. If so, some WRs would have kept on the go route, but Beasley cut inside. Great decision if so. Either way, he did a great job.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
http://i1156.***BLOCKED***/albums/p566/ordiecpo/beasley.gif?t=1385563319

Beasley made a great, precise out cut and A. Rolle about to break his ankle and falls on his butt trying to keep up, lol

Sold him on the inside slant with his first wiggle. Beasley was basically jogging after that.

Can you guys see me doing my Michael Irvin 'First down' impression?

Yeah, baby.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Loved this play, excellent route in an important part of the game. No idea why Rolle would not jam the hell out of Beasley, but I guess teams are not really game planning for Beasley when you gotta worry about Dez and Witten killing ya.

I think he tried to bump him but got juked then smoked off the line.

Nexx

Reaction score
id like to see them once a game go deep to beasley like they use to with kmart. kmart going deep would usually catch the defense off guard

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Saw this in the bar full of Giants fans... I laughed my *** off. This pretty much sealed it.

And then prayed that we didn't somehow screw up a game winning FG.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
No idea why Rolle would not jam the hell out of Beasley, but I guess teams are not really game planning for Beasley when you gotta worry about Dez and Witten killing ya.

With Beasley in the slot, he is a yard off the line of scrimmage. That gives the receiver an extra half second before contact. As quick as Beasley is, jamming is hard to do.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I think we are protecting him at the line where he is standing a couple of steps off the LOS but to follow the rules a bigger receiever like Dez is covering the LOS

Yeah. But Rolle jumps inside and is flat footed to bump. Didn't work and probably because he is off the line. Good observation.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Shows how foolish a DB can look if he gets sloppy with his technique, especially against a smaller quick guy like Beasley. Never had a chance

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if that was an option route. If so, some WRs would have kept on the go route, but Beasley cut inside. Great decision if so. Either way, he did a great job.
Probably, but I assume there was a safety over the top because he really didn't have anywhere to run after he made the catch. Plus, on 3rd and 10, you don't risk going deep if you are open at the sticks.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Beasley has spent some time in Dallas being a SMU guy and growing up just north of DFW. He will be on this team next season and signed for the future. Kid has big game.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Frankly, I think jamming bigger receivers is far easier than a little quick guy like Beasley. He is so quick in small spaces, a defensive back could easily whiff. And then he would be in a world of hurt.

visionary

Reaction score
http://i1156.***BLOCKED***/albums/p566/ordiecpo/beasley.gif?t=1385563319

Beasley made a great, precise out cut and A. Rolle about to break his ankle and falls on his butt trying to keep up, lol

loved it