Gift from the Football gods

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dallas has 5 or 6 Tank years over the past 25. Those didn’t seem to work. You all need to understand good players come here and they become not good players. Culture is the issue. That can’t be fixed with top draft picks alone.

Scotman

Reaction score
Never, ever tank.

If we end up with a high draft pick because we're didn't win much, so be it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will never agree with losing on purpose. No respect for anyone that does. The only time I ever lost on purpose was when I was in HS and would let my dad beat me at basketball. Lol, I hadn't thought about that in 35 years.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This comes up too often. Tanking will not work in the NFL and sure as hell not for the most high profile sports team on the planet. Do you think Goodell and the other owners would stand by if it was apparent the Cowboys were losing on purpose? The integrity of the NFL would be at risk and losing on purpose to win isn't in Booger's makeup.

People look at tanking only from the team that is doing it's vantage point. What about the other teams that affects? Going to give a gimme to a team fighting another for the playoffs?

The Cowboys won't need to even consider tanking, a couple more key injuries and they're done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tanking No, not happening Dalton will end up winning more games then dak did by default he has the GW already and now 11 to go..

if we end up with top 5 pick NATURALLY, fine...

those citing how it worked in 1989 , umm they didnt tank they are just BAD..

to the OP if you think we are going 1-11 down the stretch in this division, you are HIGH..

we are going to be at worse 6-10... could end up 8-8 and win the division..

so sorry to burst your bubble MM will not be instructing this team to loose on purpose.

if that were the case, denucci would be starting and many vets would be getting benched..

LVE LEE, Gregory and other on the way back, tanking not in the cards..

dckid

Reaction score
I will never agree with losing on purpose. No respect for anyone that does. The only time I ever lost on purpose was when I was in HS and would let my dad beat me at basketball. Lol, I hadn't thought about that in 35 years.
I am not talking Philadelphia 76ers tanking I am talking our starting QB is out for the year along with 3 o lineman. I am talking more about 49ers end up with 3rd pick because Jimmy G got injured and ended up with Bosa.
I am not saying trot out practice squad guys.

dckid

Reaction score
Never, ever tank.

If we end up with a high draft pick because we're didn't win much, so be it.
The word tanking has got people triggered. Should have never used it.
We are more like the Dolphins of last year or really Chargers and not the Steelers.
I don’t want to go 8-8 and be back to being terrible. This is the chance for a mini reset. No fans seems to be happy with Lawrence, Tyron Smith, the secondary. All these problems will not be fixed by a healthy Dak next year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not talking Philadelphia 76ers tanking I am talking our starting QB is out for the year along with 3 o lineman. I am talking more about 49ers end up with 3rd pick because Jimmy G got injured and ended up with Bosa.
I am not saying trot out practice squad guys.
I get the reasoning, just don't like thinking like that as a coach or player.

dckid

Reaction score
I get the reasoning, just don't like thinking like that as a coach or player.
Ok then keep living in mediocrity for the next 25 years also is what I would say to fans who are so ardent on not taking a bit off the gas pedal for this year.
Do you think 7-9, 8-8 teams win titles? Who on this team actually knows about a winning culture? Those Lombardi trophies in the display cases might as well be in my library. There is no connection to those glory years. Jerry just wants a stupid art gallery and then be on first take.
Teams have to bottom out every once in a while. Last little bottom out got us Zack Martin, Zeke & Dak.. All I am saying is don't tank, but also try to get a top 5 pick. Don't sign the Dak deal, might have been a blessing to the teams cap health and ability to compete going forward.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok then keep living in mediocrity for the next 25 years also is what I would say to fans who are so ardent on not taking a bit off the gas pedal for this year.
Do you think 7-9, 8-8 teams win titles? Who on this team actually knows about a winning culture? Those Lombardi trophies in the display cases might as well be in my library. There is no connection to those glory years. Jerry just wants a stupid art gallery and then be on first take.
Teams have to bottom out every once in a while. Last little bottom out got us Zack Martin, Zeke & Dak.. All I am saying is don't tank, but also try to get a top 5 pick. Don't sign the Dak deal, might have been a blessing to the teams cap health and ability to compete going forward.
So you expect players that have a career average of 3 years to tank so that the team can draft their replacements? Lol! You think that give a crap about building for the future? Any coach that doesn't want to win is a LOSER!
Tanking is for people that have no heart, balls or loyalty to their teammates and for the FO.

dckid

Reaction score
So you expect players that have a career average of 3 years to tank so that the team can draft their replacements? Lol! You think that give a crap about building for the future? Any coach that doesn't want to win is a LOSER!
Tanking is for people that have no heart, balls or loyalty to their teammates and for the FO.
Now you just want to make this equivalent to a political discussion. Blue red type debate.
You know exactly what I am saying. I personally don't care about the backup tackle's opinion, or what my rookie thinks. If I am the team builder I do what is best for the team going forward and also this year.
I see no benefit in going 7-9 to win the NFC east, we will just lose in the first round. We are not going to win a divisional round game.
We don't have Drew Brees who came back for one more year, we don't have Brady trying to get one last hurrah. We don't have Aaron Rodgers set to prove his critics wrong, we don't have a young gun like Kyler. This team is not built to win now.
Mike McCarthy went to Cincy for a week to analytics school hasn't changed much. The defense literally cannot get off the field.
I am saying getting a top 5 pick would not be a bad thing. If we go 3-13 or 4-12 it will not be the end of the world, actually it is what the doctor ordered.
It is better to be honest with yourself and really evaluate your team.
This team does not have that mindset. How does this team get better? Sean Lee is not the answer!!! Getting him back healthy is a band aid.