Twitter: Gil Brandt has Kris Richard on his short list of head coaching candidates

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A special teams coach is #2 on his list? Wow. Never seen that before........thats a big jump up.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
How is Jeremy Bates from the Jets on that list ? Their offensive concept isn't all that much different than ours ; if they run a lot and effectively , they have a chance to win...............Doesn't take Ernie Zampese to think of that...................

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
All of these moves over the bye have much to do with Dak and the Cowboys ongoing evaluation of him as the future of this franchise. The next year and a half could decide whether Garrett is replaced with Richards. If Dak fails and isn't the future, Garrett will be gone. If Dak succeeds, then be prepared for a much longer Garrett tenure.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Andy Reid did it. And looking at him there's no way it was that big of a jump.

Actually, he was the QB coach and assistant head coach in GB when he got hired to coach philly. Not a lot of special teams coaches go to head coach. I can't think of any.

pitt33

Reaction score
Yeah weird choice for #1. I would not be interested. If I'm making a coaching change there is only one candidate I'm interested in if he's willing to come here - John Garrett.
That made me laugh.

Just might be your best one tonight...

lonestar2288

Reaction score
It baffles me how and why so many people think Riley would leave OU where he has power to a place he has little to none

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It baffles me how and why so many people think Riley would leave OU where he has power to a place he has little to none

It depends on if he wants to coach at the highest level. Most do. Some are content to stay in the minor leagues.

I wouldn't assume he'd come in with no power. Chip Kelly had full control with the Eagles. Spurrier had a lot of stroke in Washington. Riley would have power too.