Gil Brandt predicts Week 14-15 return for Jaylon Smith

haleyrules

Reaction score
I am very curious about Smith. I mean if he can actually make it back AND play at a high NFL level that last draft will be a killer. He sure looks the part. Add a bloodthirsty Passrusher and the Cowboys could be off to the SB.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He talks about him still wearing it in the most recent interview a few weeks ago. He said he needed it to walk right around the time the seasons started.

Desperate Cowboys fans reading tea leaves... lol

Evidence for signs of recovery - IMO strongest signs are #1 #3 and #5:

1. Jaylon treating hints at progress knowing that it will cause major speculation - and he does not seem like the trolling type
2. reported progress seems to match a gradual functional recovery
3. picture showing no brace at home while wearing shoes
4. previous reports that Jaylon said he could not walk without the brace
5. Brandt's comment about week 14 after dinner with Jaylon
6. Jerry and Stephen saying that they are not ruling out Jaylon for this year

Evidence against:

1. Some with drop foot can limb around without brace, but is partially in conflict with #4 above
2. Can Jerry Jone control his mouth for weeks if indeed there are signs of progress (even if recovery date may be after the season)?
3. Leaving Jaylon on NFI does not cost a roster spot

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
From Brandt interview:

Gil Brandt: He's feeling good. I think that he could come back later on this season, maybe the 13th-14th game of the season. Now he's doing everything. He tells me he's cutting on it and so forth.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I can't wait. Next year will be like having two 1st rounders. I see Wr , DE, and CB in our 1st 3 rounds.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
13 pages so Im sure its been said, but the only news concerning Jaylon I wanna hear about first is that nerve wakin up.....then we go from there.....

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
13 pages so Im sure its been said, but the only news concerning Jaylon I wanna hear about first is that nerve wakin up.....then we go from there.....

As people have said, it's not necessarily something they'll announce to the media. Plus it may not be a light switch, it could take time for it to fully recover then strengthen the foot due to inactivity.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
As people have said, it's not necessarily something they'll announce to the media. Plus it may not be a light switch, it could take time for it to fully recover then strengthen the foot due to inactivity.

LOL @ anybody who actually thinks it somehow will be kept a secret in this day and age.......maybe for like a day......