News: Gil Brandt's 10 most talented teams in the NFL (Cowboys 2)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Im a critic of Dak much like other aspects on the Cowboys. I call out the issues that concern me. I’m just not sold he’s a prolific passer which provides us a weapon. Instead we must overcome him. All you need is to look at him without Cooper and or Elliott to see what we have.

All you need is to look at Cooper before and after he got with Dak. Dak makes players around him better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All you need is to look at Cooper before and after he got with Dak. Dak makes players around him better.
That’s simply not true. Dez , TWill and Witten production all lessened with Dak.

Cooper was a two time Pro Bowler who suffered in his last season with Raiders as they fell from grace. But he was definitely a stud needing a fresh start.

We were 3-4 heading nowhere . Coopers arrival saved our season and probably Daks career here.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im a critic of Dak much like other aspects on the Cowboys. I call out the issues that concern me. I’m just not sold he’s a prolific passer which provides us a weapon. Instead we must overcome him. All you need is to look at him without Cooper and or Elliott to see what we have.

As many QB's struggle at times without the teams #1 RB.
Aikman and Irvin did without Emmitt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I love Gil Brandt, but he fails to consider the fact that the Eagles lost their two best pass rushers in Michael Bennett and Chris Long. The dropoff is substantial.
Funny you mention that as he didn’t mention Cowboys losing two of their DL including Gregory and Lawrence overcoming surgery and what the effects could be if they’re added talent doesn’t measure up.

Our DL is our biggest concern going into this season. Much of what you’ve covered in the thread you begun.

This is a full glass evaluation from Gil only providing the positive aspects. The fact he has Egirls, Boys and Bears as top 3 is questionable especially when out of his top 10 have the most questionable QB’s on this list.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny you mention that as he didn’t mention Cowboys losing two of their DL including Gregory and Lawrence overcoming surgery and what the effects could be if they’re added talent doesn’t measure up.

I disagree with that "losing two" description. Lawrence had the surgery in time to be ready for the season. He'll be better for it, not a "loss". And the trade for Quinn mitigates any potential loss of Gregory (if he even stays suspended). Conversely, who did the Eagles get to replace Long and Bennett? Ginny Curry and his two sacks a year?

Our DL is our biggest concern going into this season. Much of what you’ve covered in the thread you begun.

Run defense maybe, especially if they haven't yet self-scouted the tells that hit them killed.

This is a full glass evaluation from Gil only providing the positive aspects. The fact he has Egirls, Boys and Bears as top 3 is questionable especially when out of his top 10 have the most questionable QB’s in this list.

I'll put the Cowboys roster talent up against anybody's. It's the lack of quality coaching that lets that talent down time and time again.

Wait until someone puts together a list of coaching staffs and the Cowboys are near the bottom. That tells the tale.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree with that "losing two" description. Lawrence had the surgery in time to be ready for the season. He'll be better for it, not a "loss". And the trade for Quinn mitigates any potential loss of Gregory (if he even stays suspended). Conversely, who did the Eagles get to replace Long and Bennett? Ginny Curry and his two sacks a year?

Run defense maybe, especially if they haven't yet self-scouted the tells that hit them killed.

I'll put the Cowboys roster talent up against anybody's. It's the lack of quality coaching that lets that talent down time and time again.

Wait until someone puts together a list of coaching staffs and the Cowboys are near the bottom. That tells the tale.
Don’t forget the QB. Worst in this top 10 list.

It all starts up front on defense. If DL us off it effects the back 7.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That’s simply not true. Dez , TWill and Witten production all lessened with Dak.

Cooper was a two time Pro Bowler who suffered in his last season with Raiders as they fell from grace. But he was definitely a stud needing a fresh start.

We were 3-4 heading nowhere . Coopers arrival saved our season and probably Daks career here.
bingo....this!!

Dak should donate part of his salary to cooper....if no cooper, then Dak is probably at 6-10 and on the bubble...cowboys looking to draft his replacement....now he is asking for $34 mill

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Dez- got older and injured
Witten- His production in 2016 was exactly in line with his averages from the two years prior so absolutely not true
Twill- lol are you kidding

If you want to play that game, Beasley hit 833 yards in 2016, after never hitting 550 before that.

Cooper struggled in his last two seasons in Oaklamd, not one.

Lol sure, whatever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
bingo....this!!

Dak should donate part of his salary to cooper....if no cooper, then Dak is probably at 6-10 and on the bubble...cowboys looking to draft his replacement....now he is asking for $34 mill
I’m not sure that might be better scenario for us long term?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dez- got older and injured
Witten- His production in 2016 was exactly in line with his averages from the two years prior so absolutely not true
Twill- lol are you kidding

If you want to play that game, Beasley hit 833 yards in 2016, after never hitting 550 before that.

Cooper struggled in his last two seasons in Oaklamd, not one.

Lol sure, whatever.
More excuses. Cooper saved our season and probably Daks career.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The QB stats last year clearly support such. Unless of course you believe Brady, Brees, Luck, Wentz, Maxwell, Mahomes and Goff aren’t more prolific passers. I’ll give you Trubisky.

The guy you're trying and failing to cut down has better career numbers than both Goff and Wentz.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the Cowboys could insert one of the other QB’s in this top 10 list with the possible exception of Trubisky, we’d become serious SB contenders. Probably favorites in NFC.

Imagine this offense with the talent we have with one of these proven HOFamers or up an coming stud prolific passers. That’s all that separating us offensively Cowboy fans.