Gil is in trouble

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Neither is it found at work, school, courthouse, church, Capitol, neighborhoods, cities, states, countries, the world. Social media is just a microcosm of society as a whole.
True but social media provides any idiot with a keyboard a voice on the internet we wouldn’t otherwise hear from. It’s why I stay away from Twitter and most social media.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just depends on which highway.
In Costa Rica I can run down the Pan Am expressway and even change lanes with no fear of becoming a road pizza, but I would never do that in East LA.
Just saying.

Like I stated, "It's not safe." I just pray for all those in pain, grief and sorrow, over the loss of a loved one. It makes most of us cherish those that we love, and think about those that are no longer with us.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Handle what one sees? Yes, I agree. They are all very dangerous in their own right. Thank you for your service. I won't allow anyone to wrongly judge me when they truly don't know me. I defend Mr. Brandt based on his decades of experience and how he has scouted so many players for years, including Haskins. Was it bad timing? Yes, but he was asked specifically by the podcast hosts for his opinion, so he answered.

As for the "we don't know the details" portion of this investigation, what we do know is what was reported by the state trooper at the incident stating how Haskins pulled his car over on a "limited access facility" on a very busy interstate, got out of his car (instead of staying safe in his vehicle and simply calling for road service assistance), and decided to try to cross a very busy 6 lane interstate highway. Who in their right mind does that, especially when you are worth $15 million and have the opportunity to become the starting QB for a professional football team? This is not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time Haskins had made such poor, critical or dangerous decisions off the field. Sadly, his poor decisions caught up to him and cost him his life. Feel bad for his family and loved ones, but also everyone was lucky Haskins' deadly decision did not cause harm to other drivers passing through at that particular location on that very busy interstate.

See post #315. Toxicology might also shed some light on contributing factors.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
See post #315. Toxicology might also shed some light on contributing factors.
Check this out...

"Dwayne Haskins shared chilling final post about being ‘at peace’ just hours before he died at 24-years-old" Credit: Instagram

Screenshot-20220410-075613-Chrome.jpg

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5089614/dwayne-haskins-final-post-steelers/

After this, what do you think?

DZSierra

Reaction score
Was it a case of Darwinism at work? This was way more worthy..... https://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2022-01.html

I completely agree.

However, it is far more easier for a fool to spout garbage on a social media website than to take the time and go out and actually do something.

At the end of the day, there is only one Judge, and we on the internet forum are not Him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

acr731

Reaction score
Check this out...

"Dwayne Haskins shared chilling final post about being ‘at peace’ just hours before he died at 24-years-old" Credit: Instagram

Screenshot-20220410-075613-Chrome.jpg

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5089614/dwayne-haskins-final-post-steelers/

After this, what do you think?

Uh oh...... that's gonna lead to a lot of questions. I wonder if that stretch of I595 has cameras. TXDOT has cameras all over the state, including here in the DFW area. https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/division/traffic/cameras.html

Check out Fort Worth to see how many there are out there, and this is just for the area where I live. Most people have no idea these cameras even exist.

DZSierra

Reaction score
It really is....people say things on social media they don't have the ball to say in real life but its their actual thoughts.

Some workplaces have clauses that actually forbid your personal time on social media for a reason due to the fact that it can be seen as you representing the company you work for.

Has nothing to do with free speech.

fredp22

Reaction score
dont think Gil was crazy here. I think he was trying to say how reckless/stupid Dwayne was with this decision that cost him his life. As the picture starts to come into focus who crosses a busy interstate highway on foot and if necessary without first giving a 100% right of way to the traffic much less a dump truck doing 60+ mph. This was tragic all around (the truck driver will also have to live with this the rest of his life) but what the heck was Dwayne doing?
Theres got to be more to this story-You just dont blindly walk across busy interstates

acr731

Reaction score

I wasn't going to say anything about the comment, but there is a vast difference between being on the front line when the poop hits the fan vs. being on the investigative team that shows up after the dust settles. My job puts me on the front line, his on the other side. We both have our respective responsibilities, though. I have no lack of respect for whatever side someone chooses to deal with.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything about the comment, but there is a vast difference between being on the front line when the poop hits the fan vs. being on the investigative team that shows up after the dust settles. My job puts me on the front line, his on the other side. We both have our respective responsibilities, though. I have no lack of respect for whatever side someone chooses to deal with.
Same here. I also do arson investigations which are also not fun. I will say that I agree with you for the most part and that's from experience. I just have no idea what kind of person would say something like that about a FF, it's wild.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
After hearing a little more of the information from yesterday it sounds like he made a very poor choice about his life. Like said several times people in their right mind do not simply stop and try to cross a major interstate. Be it drugs or interpersonal relationship issues causing a mental break the public may never know. But RIP hopefully he had made a choice of salvation in his life.