Gil is in trouble

glimmerman

Reaction score
After hearing a little more of the information from yesterday it sounds like he made a very poor choice about his life. Like said several times people in their right mind do not simply stop and try to cross a major interstate. Be it drugs or interpersonal relationship issues causing a mental break the public may never know. But RIP hopefully he had made a choice of salvation in his life.
That’s what’s I hope. Hope he was saved.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check this out...

"Dwayne Haskins shared chilling final post about being ‘at peace’ just hours before he died at 24-years-old" Credit: Instagram

Screenshot-20220410-075613-Chrome.jpg

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5089614/dwayne-haskins-final-post-steelers/

After this, what do you think?
I guess it's how you take a comment like that. I take it like he was happy and learned to accept his talent and stop pushing it. At this moment no one knows. When my 23 year old niece was murdered in a burglary gone wrong, many people jumped to conclusions and then felt like idiots when the truth came out. She was just asleep in her apartment when two guys broke in. Turns out the were stoned and got the wrong place. I just wish Gil had waited a bit or been more sympathetic.

DZSierra

Reaction score
The family is not being prevented to mourn. The truth will set you free... shall not be suppressed.

The "truth" on a football forum website where people are expressing opinions that have nothing to do with footbal? :D

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything about the comment, but there is a vast difference between being on the front line when the poop hits the fan vs. being on the investigative team that shows up after the dust settles. My job puts me on the front line, his on the other side. We both have our respective responsibilities, though. I have no lack of respect for whatever side someone chooses to deal with.
:hammer::hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Same here. I also do arson investigations which are also not fun. I will say that I agree with you for the most part and that's from experience. I just have no idea what kind of person would say something like that about a FF, it's wild.
I got a good laugh out of his post. I do respect his profession and what he has done, but I doubt he could do what a firefighter does 24/7, 365 days a year, much less one on the fire rescue unit. There's a reason why so many firefighters leave to do another profession, but you hardly ever see anyone from another profession come to become a firefighter.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
I know nothing about Haskins except for the fact he was drafted into the NFL and never met expectations as a player. However I was raised to either say something nice in situations like this or say nothing. We have heard the joke "Too soon?" used many times by comedians who would say something nasty about a recently deceased person and get a lot of laughs out of it. It is a reference to bygone times. I prefer decency in these circumstances but people who tell us how they really feel should not be punished for it.

The thing is though, Haskins was just 24 years old and did not have the benefit of the wisdom of old age. We all did some dumb things at 24. It is still sad a person so young met an untimely death.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I guess it's how you take a comment like that. I take it like he was happy and learned to accept his talent and stop pushing it. At this moment no one knows. When my 23 year old niece was murdered in a burglary gone wrong, many people jumped to conclusions and then felt like idiots when the truth came out. She was just asleep in her apartment when two guys broke in. Turns out the were stoned and got the wrong place. I just wish Gil had waited a bit or been more sympathetic.
So sorry big brother Coach. :(

offlimits

Reaction score
Hold on. Full stop.

If what Mr. Gil Brandt said turns out to be true (the way Dwayne Haskins was always living on the edge or even getting run over and killed for jogging on a highway), how can anyone blame Mr. Brandt for saying what he said?

Because even if it's true and in this case it appears to be so... you are not allowed to say it publically. Cancel culture will not allow it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because even if it's true and in this case it appears to be so... you are not allowed to say it publically. Cancel culture will not allow it.
Sad but true. I believe Mr. Gil Brandt is having his job being threatened already.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Few people ever say anything when a convicted murderer gets executed.

What did his comments accomplish? Did he know the deceased personally? If he did, he sure as hell wouldn't have said that.

He is going to have a difficult time with his words and he should, they were ill timed and uncalled for and when we consider any tragedy like this, the family and friends should come first. They are in shock and eventual mourning.

People get fired for saying stupid things and that surely qualifies for stupid and thoughtless.

CWR

Reaction score
I dealt with the stuff p*ssies like firefighters couldn't handle- mutilated bodies, severe decomposition, deaths of babies and children, murder scene investigations, etc. Guess that gives me some kind of authority based on your opinion here.

You're being a classless fool, again. At least Gil had the decency to apologize. Instead you're so insecure you have to turn an obvious mistake into some kind of test of masculinity. I'd tell you to get a life but we all know it's too late for that. Go back to threatening strangers on the internet because not everyone's convinced you're such a tough guy, Worm.

So you show up after the fact, and have the audacity to call out those who are there when the sht is hitting the fan? I know it's terrible to see those things but FFs and medics are there as it's happening with people lives hanging in the balance. We all have a role, and theres no need for disrespect on either side.

Until you've been in that situation or watched your coworkers lifeless bodies drug out of a fire knowing damn well it could've just as easily of been yours, don't go there.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I got a good laugh out of his post. I do respect his profession and what he has done, but I doubt he could do what a firefighter does 24/7, 365 days a year, much less one on the fire rescue unit. There's a reason why so many firefighters leave to do another profession, but you hardly ever see anyone from another profession come to become a firefighter.
I don't know I've know lots of people that wash and wax their trucks drive them to dinner, play video games, take naps, and occasionally do job related functions while on duty. :grin:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Freedom of speech, not freedom from consequences.

You're 100% allowed to say it publicly. But, if what you're saying is insensitive and disrespectful about a person that can no longer defend themselves then you're going to have to deal with the backlash for your inconsiderate behavior.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Have you done Jamaican Jerk spice on it yet…..sweet meets savory
That one is definitely upcoming. I'm learning what types of wood pairs well with different flavors when smoking the meats.
So far pecan is just generally a good choice for just about everything, but I might try a fruit wood like apple on a jerk spiced.