Gilbert working to remain Cowboys' No. 2 QB

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gilbert should be trying out to be the starter based upon the way he played vs the Steelers. He has more instinct and showed a vision for the offense not seen at quarterback since Kellen Moore was there.
Hah...good one. Always dependable!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry one game is not enough...he didnt have to go through various teams, players and scheming , it was pone game and really while nice game wasn't spectacular..

you can not judge player off one game or Jason Garret TG day win over packer would have made him the starter LMASO..um we all know he was 3rd string and GG over an extended period most likely wouldn't get it done..

if memory serves me right and maybe its not it one of the better defensive and ST play that gave many short fields to the offesne..one of the better games of the season gives some false comps for GG..he played solid but we lost and that what matters..
Can't bring yourself to give the guy a little credit eh? Hulleva game no matter how you slice and dice it.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
No , but I am new to forecasting talent , that the starting QB will be injured near mid season!!!
Why? Because last year he got injured near mid season so that means he'll be branded as being injured every year mid season?

Turk

Reaction score
Can't bring yourself to give the guy a little credit eh? Hulleva game no matter how you slice and dice it.
No it was not a helluva game and only someone completely ignorant of football would claim it so.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nice -- it sounds like GG is going all out to solidify his chances to retain the Cowboys' #2 QB spot. I won't be surprised if he does!

quickccc

Reaction score
Let me say I think he showed enough last year to deserve the chance to compete for the job. I like him and all in all felt he did a decent job in the Pitt game, when you factor in the little time he was even on the team then forced into action along with stepping into a situation with a beat up offensive line in front of him, he did better than I thought he would. If I had to say who is the front runner for the backup job it would be Gilbert but I'm very much in favor of bringing in QB's and the existing QB and have them compete for the job.

Truth be told, I wouldn’t mind taking my chances going with Gilbert, rather than McCarthy’s favorite pet retread Brent Hundley.
As long as he’s been Rodgers’ reserve backup, I can’t ever recall being impressed with Brent when he had to sub in for an injured Rodgers.
Looked completely JAG. But if Hundley was ever in consideration, that would be about player familiarity and desired NFL game experience.

- Some here will continue to down Ben DiNucci, but he was a very raw rookie QB who never even had OTAs, preseason and very little reps in camp,.. simply being hand-fed to the Lions in a real live NFL game.But that also shows you how much they had to like DiNucci’s physical tools and potential to even think about such an attempt to start an NFL game with someone so inexperienced, without benefits of better preparations.I’d flat like to make sure he’s at least had some chances at such preparation and learning methods before declaring him the next Mike White failure.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Why? Because last year he got injured near mid season so that means he'll be branded as being injured every year mid season?
This should be directed to poster “George” , he is the one forecasting that, I just asked what is it based on.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The Greatest QB in AAF history!

He'll be the next Kurt Warner-story.

At worst, we trade him for a 1st next year.