Gints on top of NFC east , who would have thunk?

No QB1, no Burns...injuries to RB1 and WR1 are likely down the road. I said from the onset that they are going to be a problem, but I can't see this being sustainable
 
No matter how long it lasts I'm just happy that the Giants are actually in first place for the first time in 11 years.
 
The second half of the schedule is brutal for the Giants.

The Giants could be 6-1 before they play the Eagles. I think they will finish 8-9 or something like that. They are a better team but they have issues in the secondary and at QB.
 
Welcome, doing some recon on division forums for fun? It's rare any team goes anywhere without their starting QB for an extended time so I think any fan would be skeptical on the season outlook. We've been there before too, not a fun season.

For our backup, I hear Romo is currently unemployed, haha

How are you feeling about the Giants moving forward?
Good question. As you know, Winston can be electric but he can also be a turnover machine. What I like about him though is he trusts his receivers to out muscle, out jump the secondary opponents. He threw one yesterday to Nabers that was caught for a long game (about 40 yards).

So, do I feel good about him leading us? Not nearly as good as I would feel with Dart leading us, but it is what it is. So, yes, I have my doubts we can beat the more elite teams under Winston.

I hate to say this, but I also feel both Nabers and Skatt are playing on borrowed time. They both seem to be attracted to an injury, so that makes me feel less confident, just waiting to see that play out. I know that is not good thinking, but the Giants over this past decade just seem to find a way to carry the crutches around…I hate even thinking this.

Okay to put closure to your very difficult question…we have played 4 teams. 2 are mediocre to okay (titans and Cards), 1 is elite (Rams) , and 1 is half elite- offense only- that would be Dallas. So, because the one full elite team crushed my boys on the road, I can’t be sticking my chest out now until we beat an elite team on the road. So until that happens, I’m not thinking Super Bowl.

But can we win the East? I think it is very possible because I don’t see any of the other 3 teams clearly being better than my boys. Now if we lose on the road to Washington next week, I may have to rethink this…but for now, I don’t fear any of the other teams in our division.

Sorry for being so verbose. Your question brings out a lot of thought for me.
K
 
Eagles, offense, is horrible
Their ridding on their defense ,
And we’re just the opposite
We’re two players away in my opinion
Edge, corner,
Someone would say edge middle linebacker
Hurts can play Jekyll and hide, one week he can be a dud and another he can be a world beater. Their D is good , looks like GInts are also using their D and putting thro simple game plan of run and take calculated shots with experienced backup qB
 
The Giants played starters in the preseason. They were more ready to go.

The rest of the league just finished their preseason this week.
 
Good question. As you know, Winston can be electric but he can also be a turnover machine. What I like about him though is he trusts his receivers to out muscle, out jump the secondary opponents. He threw one yesterday to Nabers that was caught for a long game (about 40 yards).

So, do I feel good about him leading us? Not nearly as good as I would feel with Dart leading us, but it is what it is. So, yes, I have my doubts we can beat the more elite teams under Winston.

I hate to say this, but I also feel both Nabers and Skatt are playing on borrowed time. They both seem to be attracted to an injury, so that makes me feel less confident, just waiting to see that play out. I know that is not good thinking, but the Giants over this past decade just seem to find a way to carry the crutches around…I hate even thinking this.

Okay to put closure to your very difficult question…we have played 4 teams. 2 are mediocre to okay (titans and Cards), 1 is elite (Rams) , and 1 is half elite- offense only- that would be Dallas. So, because the one full elite team crushed my boys on the road, I can’t be sticking my chest out now until we beat an elite team on the road. So until that happens, I’m not thinking Super Bowl.

But can we win the East? I think it is very possible because I don’t see any of the other 3 teams clearly being better than my boys. Now if we lose on the road to Washington next week, I may have to rethink this…but for now, I don’t fear any of the other teams in our division.

Sorry for being so verbose. Your question brings out a lot of thought for me.
K
They have no legit chance. Beating powder puffs won’t do it. Cowboys are actually the favorites, Eagles right behind. Giants are considered a long shot because they are pretty bad to start before injuries. 9/1 Giants. 5/2 Cowboys
 
I'm not concerned about the new york gnats one bit. We don't play them again until week 17. By that time, they will have blown the lead they currently have in the division. All our divisional foes are a mess. The only NFCE team capable of getting it together is the Cowboys.
 
Good question. As you know, Winston can be electric but he can also be a turnover machine. What I like about him though is he trusts his receivers to out muscle, out jump the secondary opponents. He threw one yesterday to Nabers that was caught for a long game (about 40 yards).

So, do I feel good about him leading us? Not nearly as good as I would feel with Dart leading us, but it is what it is. So, yes, I have my doubts we can beat the more elite teams under Winston.

I hate to say this, but I also feel both Nabers and Skatt are playing on borrowed time. They both seem to be attracted to an injury, so that makes me feel less confident, just waiting to see that play out. I know that is not good thinking, but the Giants over this past decade just seem to find a way to carry the crutches around…I hate even thinking this.

Okay to put closure to your very difficult question…we have played 4 teams. 2 are mediocre to okay (titans and Cards), 1 is elite (Rams) , and 1 is half elite- offense only- that would be Dallas. So, because the one full elite team crushed my boys on the road, I can’t be sticking my chest out now until we beat an elite team on the road. So until that happens, I’m not thinking Super Bowl.

But can we win the East? I think it is very possible because I don’t see any of the other 3 teams clearly being better than my boys. Now if we lose on the road to Washington next week, I may have to rethink this…but for now, I don’t fear any of the other teams in our division.

Sorry for being so verbose. Your question brings out a lot of thought for me.
K
Fair breakdown and agree on Winston. Definition of a gambling QB and reminds me a bit of Fitzpatrick. With Winston one week you think you found a good QB and the next week you're calling for his benching. It's early in the season, but at this point in the season it's very possible the team that wins the East could have 8, 9, maybe 10 wins with each team with question marks. For the Cowboys they have some defensive players that make you believe they can put it together defensively, but they need to acclimate to the scheme and communicate better. I'm not surprised the defense hasn't played well with all the new starters and first year defensive coordinator, but how quickly they can get it together will determine the seasons outcome.
 
At this point I think it's between you guys and the Giants but think the Cowboys are the most likely to come out of the East. The Birds were barely pulling games out against pretty bad teams. Now with injuries to Barkely, Biggs, Goedart, Devante, Dickerson (he likely may be done) and Lane out for who knows how long there is not a lot of hope for what was a questionable offense. Add in Baun and Mitchel now out with injuries on D its gonna be a tough road to go forward from...Seattle and 49rs are looking solid, vikings may surprise. Rams don't look like the lock they did earlier for a run to the bowl. I expect Siri to get canned after the season or earlier if things spiral downward futher.

It's still early though so who knows.
 
It probably wont last

That team with them nasty fans probably will get it together

Or Dallas…if they can figure out defense shouldnt look like punt coverage
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,166
Messages
14,670,737
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top