Giving up already?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is everyone giving up already? We can still take the division if the 9ers and Dallas take care of business against Philly.http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine Check out the simulator, I like our chances!
Some people. Not everyone. 'Everyone' is all-inclusive, as in anyone perhaps wanting to ask the question 'Why is everyone giving up already?' would be part of 'everyone'.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some people. Not everyone. 'Everyone' is all-inclusive, as in anyone perhaps wanting to ask the question 'Why is everyone giving up already?' would be part of 'everyone'.
And most haven't "given up". They just understand logic and odds and know that the chance of Dallas beating out Philly is pretty remote at this point after the comeback Buffalo win.

starfan1

Reaction score
who cares we can beat them on the road we are ascending but in the event they dont ill sleep just fine

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
If we win I will be glad and if we don't make it it is fine with me too.It is just a football game.
Was it just a football game when Ray Finkle shanked a walk-off FG to end Miami’s championship hopes?

Laces out!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it giving up but conceding they do it in politics sometimes before the voting is all the way in when they see the writing on the wall they do a concession speech we're right there I mean it would take a miracle for us to win the division and right now the goal was to get into the playoffs let's hope all the Philadelphia eagle luck is running out and that in the playoffs is when it'll catch up to them and we'll get hot I'd rather be hot in the playoffs if we have to start out at the fifth seed to do it, that's fine...

Nobody's boot licking the Eagles I hate the Eagles like as much as anyone else but they did start out 10 and one and have all but closed the door on the division sure there's a 5% chance something bad can happen and we can catch them like they have a bunch of injuries or they get unlucky I don't know but it's very very big longshot now.. luckiest team i've ever watched in my entire life...

gmb1

Reaction score
Eagles just get lucky every week. Every step of the way Eagles get lucky.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Dak's kryptonites are coming up...good teams.

tumblr_ns9rmhX7LS1uxle3jo1_500.gif

conner01

Reaction score
Why is everyone giving up already? We can still take the division if the 9ers and Dallas take care of business against Philly.http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine Check out the simulator, I like our chances!
And even if we don’t win the division that just makes it harder but not impossible. No matter what we have to beat a couple good teams in the playoffs

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
No one is giving up, but the reality is winning the division is an extreme long shot at this point. It's possible, just not likely. I think I have better odds of hitting one of those billion dollar lotteries than Dallas does of winning the division... and I don't play the lottery and still have better odds :)

They are 10-1 with 6 to play. We are 8-3 with 6 today. They would have to split their 6 and 1 loss must be to the Cowboys. We would also need to win out, with 5 straight games against playoff caliber teams and 1 divisional rival. The win against the Bills all but ended any chance we had at the division. That's not giving up, that is just reality. We are still going to make playoffs. We just won't have a home game. And will likely be booted out in our traditional spot, the divisional round.

chagus

Reaction score
Just ask yourself: do you think Dallas can win out? Personally, no. I'm still enjoying the season tho.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Isn't the lack thereof the reason why Philly has a 2.5. game lead for the division?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Even if the Eagles lost 2 games, the Cowboys aren't going to win out - as I wouldn't want them to anyway. It's dangerous going into the playoffs with a long win streak because eventually you are going to cool off at the worst time and then 1 loss sends you home.

Just focus on getting to the playoffs healthy and in some rhythm and maybe a miracle happens as a wildcard team.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles have the tiebreaker in that scenario. They need to lose one more game.

rambo2

Reaction score
Some guys in here actually quit on the team after the first game last year.

TheCritic

Reaction score
You are also assuming that the Cowboys are going to run the table. After the Hawks and Eagles, we'll have 2 back to back road games against the Bills and Dolphins then 6 days later a home game against the Lions. What do you think are the odds the Cowboys run the table? Get real!!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't care anymore. Dallas just needs to win the games in front of them and let the chips fall. Everything is in our hands.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Forget about the division at this point. Just focus on winning each game.

Yeah that's where I'm at. Make a Giants Nascar style run. Let them celebrate during the season just as long as we beat em in the playoffs. We just need to keep this offense going. The run game beginning to come to life is real encouraging to me.