Glad Jerry Hired Wade Not Turner!!!!..

Reaction score
I am so glad that Jerry hired Wade Philps over Norv Turner. Turner, is on his way to destroying another NFL franchaise which is the San Diego Chargers.

Turner may have been a good offensive coach for the Cowboys back in the 90's but he just maybe one of the worst NFL head-coach that I have seen in a long long time.

Turner has Rivers, LT, Gates and some good players on defense and he still can't win.

I think Tuner gets fired at the end of the year and rightfully so!

Thanks Jerry for not hiring Turner "The Burner" of NFL Franchaise's!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2454400 said:
I am so glad that Jerry hired Wade Philps over Norv Turner. Turner, is on his way to destroying another NFL franchaise which is the San Diego Chargers.

what great teams has he destroyed before? He's never coached a good team before last yr

Turner may have been a good offensive coach for the Cowboys back in the 90's but he just maybe one of the worst NFL head-coach that I have seen in a long long time.

you must not pay much attention then, because there is definitely alot worse out there

Turner has Rivers, LT, Gates and some good players on defense and he still can't win.

Have you watched LT this yr? He's a shadow of his former self. Gates has been on the injury report basically every week for 2 or 3 seasons now.

I think Tuner gets fired at the end of the year and rightfully so!

good for them then...

Thanks Jerry for not hiring Turner "The Burner" of NFL Franchaise's!

Last time I checked Turner did get the Chargers further than Wade got us last yr.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The Chargers front office is getting exactly what it deserves after firing Schottenheimer for going 14-2. Yea, he got beat in the playoffs, but firing a coach that took a team to 14 regular season wins is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. Bet they hate that decision now.

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2454423 said:
The Chargers front office is getting exactly what it deserves after firing Schottenheimer for going 14-2. Yea, he got beat in the playoffs, but firing a coach that took a team to 14 regular season wins is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. Bet they hate that decision now.

Yep! Schottenheimer must be cracking up while sitting at home watching the Chargers being coach'd into the ground by Turner.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2454423 said:

14-2 and kicked out in the first playoff game (again)

Or new guy taking them to the brink of the super bowl...wonder which they preferred?

Givincer

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2454423 said:

Sounds like it'd almost be as dumb as firing a coach who got 13 regular season wins. :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2454434 said:

Or new guy taking them to the brink of the super bowl...wonder which they preferred?
I wonder which one they'd rather have right now.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
dbair1967;2454434 said:

I bet they don't prefer 4-8, which is exactly where they sit right now. While he's never had a lot of post-season success, Marty was a good coach. Even though the Chargers played well in the playoffs last year, they still struggled during the season, especially early on. I just think firing a coach after going 14-2 is beyond stuipd. And yes, had we fired Wade this off-season after going 13-3 that would've been stupid as well. Now if we don't make the playoffs this year, that's a different story.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
According to BSP...err, I mean ESPN's Seth Wickersham, you are wrong . Don't you know that 8-4 = 4-8? (according to Wickersham) Dallas and SD are both equally underachieving teams.

YAKUZA

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Marty had some bad post-season luck. He coached the Browns when Elway was with Denver and lost two heartbreakers in the playoffs. Still, the Browns were very good and lost both times at the very end of the games. Can't blame Marty for the FUMBLE and Elway was just being Elway on The Drive. When he was with the Chiefs, he also had a lot of success, but post-season wins eluded him. During that time, the Bills were very good, as were the Broncos, Raiders, and numerous other teams. I don't think anyone can say Marty was a bad coach. Just a very unlucky one IMO.

links18

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2454443 said:
I bet they don't prefer 4-8, which is exactly where they sit right now. While he's never had a lot of post-season success, Marty was a good coach. Even though the Chargers played well in the playoffs last year, they still struggled during the season, especially early on. I just think firing a coach after going 14-2 is beyond stuipd. And yes, had we fired Wade this off-season after going 13-3 that would've been stupid as well. Now if we don't make the playoffs this year, that's a different story.

If the refs make the right call in the Denver game and the Chargers find a way to win one of the close games they have had this year, they are sitting at 6-6 and still in the hunt to win the AFC West.....

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2454456 said:
Marty had some bad post-season luck. He coached the Browns when Elway was with Denver and lost two heartbreakers in the playoffs. Still, the Browns were very good and lost both times at the very end of the games. Can't blame Marty for the FUMBLE and Elway was just being Elway on The Drive. When he was with the Chiefs, he also had a lot of success, but post-season wins eluded him. During that time, the Bills were very good, as were the Broncos, Raiders, and numerous other teams. I don't think anyone can say Marty was a bad coach. Just a very unlucky one IMO.

Turner destroyed the Skins, even though I thank him. Turner sucks!

Rudy

Reaction score
I think if Norv had this team it would be the same way. If Norv had Romo in San Diego I still think they'd have a few more wins. The idea is that Jerry can bring in enough talent that it doesn't matter if we have Richard Simmons coaching them, they should still be in the top tier.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
dbair1967;2454418 said:
what great teams has he destroyed before? He's never coached a good team before last yr

you must not pay much attention then, because there is definitely alot worse out there

Have you watched LT this yr? He's a shadow of his former self. Gates has been on the injury report basically every week for 2 or 3 seasons now.

good for them then...

Last time I checked Turner did get the Chargers further than Wade got us last yr.

Well, such a stirring defense for a HC who's left the Commanders as an almost-average team and the Raiders 9-23 in two years. Oh, he coached the Dolls offensive team in 2003. :)

I think you have a man crush on ol' cara de luna because of his "genius" days under Jimma Johnson. Of course, lots of coaches rode Jimma's coattails.:)

PS: The he "never coached a good team" defense was a good one. What are yew, a lawyer?:laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2454418 said:

good for them then...

FYI-Skins fans ROOTED for us to hire Norv last year.

Say all you want how Norv had a bad Skins team with a meddling owner, blah, blah, blah, but he is what he is.