Video: Glazer: No Coaches Were Forced on Mike McCarthy

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If there were coaches forced on him, they weren’t the bad ones. Despite Moore having his lows, he has potential. With a HC that actually cares, he will likely succeed. Colombo is great. Kitna was good, I don’t know what happened in the latter half of the year with Dak but... maybe the team just quit in the latter half? We’ll see. There is no one bad to “force” on him.
It seemed a few different reasons happened to why Dak "regressed" the last month or so. Partly due to the team quitting and some due to his injury. He also is still developing but with McCarthy and Kitna I think he will improve even more than he did from least season to this season

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's hard to judge Moore with Jason Garrett aboard.

Also, I do not want Kellen Moore calling the offense.

I want Mike McCarthy calling the offense and I want Mike McCarthy answering for the decisions made in game with play calls good or bad.
I look forward to Moore and McCarthy's scheme and game plans.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I want Mike McCarthy calling the offense and I want Mike McCarthy answering for the decisions made in game with play calls good or bad.
I love the idea of Moore and McCarthy building and installing an offense together: I think Moore helps keep things fresh and creative and McCarthy helps with the overall approach and structure and helps Moore develop. I don't care who calls the plays as long as it's way more aggressive on the road (where Garrett insisted on going into a shell) and in willingness to use all 4 downs (not just decide to go for it on 4th, but have that decision made when calling 3rd down plays as well).

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes, I’m sure McCarthy is going to have hand picked Colombo and Kitna too :rolleyes:. And lol and people saying McCarthy will praise Moore. What is he supposed to say to the media??

Moore staying is definitely not the worst thing, it just signifies the dysfunction of our ownership. Owners of winning teams don’t meddle like this.

I think best case scenario is McCarthy brings in his own vet offensive guy to share the O-coordinator title with Moore. Or you can give 1 the “passing game coordinator” title like Rod/Richard.
Dude... he was praising Moore, for no reason, out of the blue months ago.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I still think it was clear when Moore got the go ahead to do his thing, and other times Garrett took over. Some games we had motion, misdirection, play action on first down, etc. Others we looked like the old Garrett Cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
mia or retired?
he bailed and that wasn't cool..if we knew he was close to calling it quits we could have had Peyton and zimmer.. dude pulled a chicken poop move just suddenly retiring.. if he told someone even in private that he was leaning that way, we could have had sean peyton here,,seriously MIA is being nice..cs db

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This will be MM's offense and he will be calling the plays so I don't see what role KM could have going forward unless he is taking a demotion.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I'll go on to say that I'm ok with Moore calling plays and which McCarthy can question and overrule. That way if the play goes bad we can thank McCarthy for overruling such a play.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Because We've seen this story before. Even happened with Parcells. He didnt want Zimmer.

First I've ever heard that. I know this. Parcells loved Zimmer--at least, once he worked with him.

I don't pretend to know if Parcells hired him or, if not, if Parcells was okay with it. I'd have to have a primary source report to form an opinion one way or the other.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Moore will be calling the plays along with Dak. McCarthy will be handling scheme, situation football and overall team approach.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'm not about to question Jay Glazer right now... the man is like Woj in basketball.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I love the idea of Moore and McCarthy building and installing an offense together: I think Moore helps keep things fresh and creative and McCarthy helps with the overall approach and structure and helps Moore develop. I don't care who calls the plays as long as it's way more aggressive on the road (where Garrett insisted on going into a shell) and in willingness to use all 4 downs (not just decide to go for it on 4th, but have that decision made when calling 3rd down plays as well).

Both will be a good fit for each other. Both are X and Os type of guys that know offensive theories, schemes and formations, etc. I think Moore's knowledge of newer styles of offenses such as RPOs, rub routes, screens, etc. will blend well with the WC offense of quick passes, screens, etc.