Video: Glazer: No Coaches Were Forced on Mike McCarthy

Zman5

Reaction score
Because We've seen this story before. Even happened with Parcells. He didnt want Zimmer.

This isn't true. Parcells wasn't required to keep Zimmer but he did because after he interviewed him he liked what Zimmer was about. It's all in the book Parcells: A Football Life

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And yet the lack of discipline and repercussions was something his former player Greg Jennings mentioned was a big issue under McCarthy.

I watch this...and I imagine what last Saturday night was like in the Jones house. Instead of watching some playoff football....and pick McCarthy's brain about football.....Jerry seduces McCarthy w/ some popcorn and some re-runs of Die Hard....And after a few hours...Jerry knows.....he's got his next sucker he can sell to the NFL...and it's fans.

My god...:banghead:

Amazes me so many people are on board w/ this. It's a down right sham. Maybe the laziest hire in the history of the league.

Jerry is gonna try and sell this "tough, disciplined....Pittsburgh guy" to the players....and I'm gonna tell you right now....Our guys are gonna see right through this BS...and eat McCarthy alive.

Nolan hired McCarthy in SF......only to have that burn to the ground in less than 2 years. Now....McCarthy is gonna repay the favor for the hire.

How on God's green earth can this not blow up in Jerry's face?????:facepalm:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There could have been worse hires for HC. What chance did we have to get some of the other experienced coaches to leave the teams they built (which are now the current successes?) I don't see McCarthy as a consolation. I see a winner who put up with an obtuse GM at Green Bay, has skins on the wall, and has his ego in check.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I watch this...and I imagine what last Saturday night was like in the Jones house. Instead of watching some playoff football....and pick McCarthy's brain about football.....Jerry seduces McCarthy w/ some popcorn and some re-runs of Die Hard....And after a few hours...Jerry knows.....he's got his next sucker he can sell to the NFL...and it's fans.

My god...:banghead:

Amazes me so many people are on board w/ this. It's a down right sham. Maybe the laziest hire in the history of the league.

Jerry is gonna try and sell this "tough, disciplined....Pittsburgh guy" to the players....and I'm gonna tell you right now....Our guys are gonna see right through this BS...and eat McCarthy alive.

Nolan hired McCarthy in SF......only to have that burn to the ground in less than 2 years. Now....McCarthy is gonna repay the favor for the hire.

How on God's green earth can this not blow up in Jerry's face?????:facepalm:

Don’t panic, your boy genius is still here :lmao:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A first year OC has been called a genius and has one of the top ranked offenses in the NFL.

Only on this board would that be considered a negative. Its going to be crickets around here when McCarthy does a presser and sings Moore's praises.

The history of Jason Garrett as Boy Genius HC in Waiting would likely weigh on any prospective HC looking at Moore being retained. Reasonable to just want him gone. I like Moore, so the best scenario was McCarthy wanting him to stay.

Note that this could also entirely be Jerry forcing Moore on McCarthy, and everyone going with the face-saving story that the fans want to hear. Given that McCarthy is here, everyone in the org has incentive to put this spin on it.

Either scenario seems reasonably possible. Let's hope the official story is also the true story.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well it sounds good to me, they gave him control.
I dont know how well he will do but it wont hurt to give him 1 year to see how he and his staff does.

I know one thing like MM or not it is going to be a different team next sept, that we see.
We are so used to the JG crap, this is gonna be different.

817Gill

Reaction score
And yet the lack of discipline and repercussions was something his former player Greg Jennings mentioned was a big issue under McCarthy.

After 13 seasons everyone’s message grows old, same thing happened to Andy in Philly

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If there were coaches forced on him, they weren’t the bad ones. Despite Moore having his lows, he has potential. With a HC that actually cares, he will likely succeed. Colombo is great. Kitna was good, I don’t know what happened in the latter half of the year with Dak but... maybe the team just quit in the latter half? We’ll see. There is no one bad to “force” on him.

It isn't just about whether or not the coach is good or bad it is about everyone being on the same page, pushing the same message, etc.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m such a sucker, this is making me drink kool aid

Is there any Kool Aid left? :rolleyes:

I guess I'm a "hater".

I don't believe Jerry suddenly turned over a new leaf as his 78th birthday nears.
I don't see a coach with a history of pass-happy offenses and poor special teams suddenly being the remedy to both of those things.
I'm not impressed by a coach who yells and screams just because he yells and screams.

I hope to be proven wrong in short order, preferably with a 6th SB trophy, but I'm not so giddy that JG is gone that I'm going to believe those things until I actually see them.

It's still been 24 years, I still need to see it to believe it.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
If there were coaches forced on him, they weren’t the bad ones. Despite Moore having his lows, he has potential. With a HC that actually cares, he will likely succeed. Colombo is great. Kitna was good, I don’t know what happened in the latter half of the year with Dak but... maybe the team just quit in the latter half? We’ll see. There is no one bad to “force” on him.
I disagree with Columbo being great. lol. His OL stunk it up for most the year. Everyone blamed Zeke but upon closer review and film study, it was obvious that the OL wasn't firing off the ball on run plays and were not creating holes like they once did. The OL has regressed ever since Bill Callahan left. Bill Callahan was GREAT. His run blocking scheme worked really well. Our OL would get DL on the ground. Now, they all block as if it was a pass play. I hope Columbo is fired.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The history of Jason Garrett as Boy Genius HC in Waiting would likely weigh on any prospective HC looking at Moore being retained. Reasonable to just want him gone. I like Moore, so the best scenario was McCarthy wanting him to stay.

Note that this could also entirely be Jerry forcing Moore on McCarthy, and everyone going with the face-saving story that the fans want to hear. Given that McCarthy is here, everyone in the org has incentive to put this spin on it.

Either scenario seems reasonably possible. Let's hope the official story is also the true story.
Truly.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I n defense of Moore, he was calling plays from garrets playbook. It wasn't Moore's offense. He had little chance of success this year. McCarthy will bring a new offensive system and Moore will suddenly look a lot better.