GM rankings per NFL

Lodeus

Reaction score
way ahead of everyone else in making money and profits, bottom tier everywhere else. It averages out.

GINeric

Reaction score
I thought he was the worst one.....I heard it hear, so it must be true.

Exactly!!! But wait, I'm sure Dak and Zeke will get blamed for JJ not being ranked higher on this list somehow.... we have creative and imaginative haters here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, there it is, constant personal attacks. Looks like you feed your little numnums w/ it. Sad, dude, just sad.

Still showing your immature self. TROLL.
You are the sad person here. Ignore list you are on, because you are such a wasted poster.
You add nothing to this forum.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are all just on a message board so I know nothing about you. I don't know how far you go as a fan.
What have you seen from the Cowboy over the past 26 years that makes you think we are anything but average at best? It's this Stockholm syndrome the teams fans have is mind boggling. This organization is supposed to try and win SB's not be about the glitz and hoopla. All that is important but there is a tradition of winning that matters.
Jerry has ruined this franchise from the top all the way to the roots. Trying to compete for a SB is not even on his top ten to do list. He doesn't care, until the media and fans call his hand he will never change.
Lol! I'm a lifelong fan since 74 ....Jerry won us 3 SBs. What more do you and all the other spoiled fans want. ..........tell me, what do you want!!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’ve said this for years on here but I have no clue why people are so far on different spectrums with stuff like Jerry. His work as GM is pretty much an open book.

He hires bad coaches and the ones that were good ran away quickly.

They drafted horribly for over a decade and then found a system with Will M where they started to
Improve that process but it still has kinks…2nd Rd.

He has handed out obscene contracts and held on to players too long and in FA they don’t do much and don’t have a strong record. His best moves..Deion…were long ago and his blockbuster trades didn’t go well.

So overall we have a guy who has done pretty well in recent drafts but then watches that talent go to waste with coaches he hired and not supplementing the team with FAs. Thus no playoff success. That’s pretty truthful. I get some look at the corporate side and the 90s snd think that’s fine but as far as life cycles in the NFL it’s a failure over 25 yrs. Most GMs would be gone. Heck as a fan since the 70s there were 20-25 years of SB or bust mentality. Now I’ll take 1 run. It’s sad.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve said this for years on here but I have no clue why people are so far on different spectrums with stuff like Jerry. His work as GM is pretty much an open book.

He hires bad coaches and the ones that were good ran away quickly.

They drafted horribly for over a decade and then found a system with Will M where they started to
Improve that process but it still has kinks…2nd Rd.

He has handed out obscene contracts and held on to players too long and in FA they don’t do much and don’t have a strong record. His best moves..Deion…were long ago and his blockbuster trades didn’t go well.

So overall we have a guy who has done pretty well in recent drafts but then watches that talent go to waste with coaches he hired and not supplementing the team with FAs. Thus no playoff success. That’s pretty truthful. I get some look at the corporate side and the 90s snd think that’s fine but as far as life cycles in the NFL it’s a failure over 25 yrs. Most GMs would be gone. Heck as a fan since the 70s there were 20-25 years of SB or bust mentality. Now I’ll take 1 run. It’s sad.
Still a fan? Why would someone keep supporting such a terrible team.....keep whining, griping, complaining......I don't get it. If some of you are so pissed off and miserable, why are you still here....just asking, I mean no disrespect.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Still a fan? Why would someone keep supporting such a terrible team.....keep whining, griping, complaining......I don't get it. If some of you are so pissed off and miserable, why are you still here....just asking, I mean no disrespect.

Come on Ranching. I’ve always enjoyed your stuff and you know I don’t whine too much and have been level headed through all my years and name changes here. I’m not miserable. It’s a game. They are still my team and have been since I’ve been a kid. My main point was management has had the ability to bring in talent and we’ve seen talent the last decade. To me it’s frustrating that it’s been wasted in various ways…coaching and Garrett were the biggest. To me it’s just a truth that I learn to deal with. I still have hope every year. I saw people taking about their kids. My son just turned 10. One of his gifts was the blue Trevon Diggs 7 jersey. I try and keep his Cowboy interest strong because he initially wanted a Justin Jefferson Vikings jersey. To me that’s the rub. Kids don’t have really favorite teams anymore…just players. I think part of it is just they don’t know what a playoff run looks like with the local team.

Anyways I just think we know what we have in Jerry so a lot of my faith is based on pure hope…hope for a splash or magical season despite what’s happened

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Shouldn't you be nervous if you are ranked after Jerry? I mean, you could be fired.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
P.S. - Jason Garrett realized real quick that he was no longer in Dallas. From head coach in Dallas, to offensive coordinator in NY, to USFL broadcast booth!!!!!!! Just OUT the NFL all together!

That alone should put Jerry much nearer the bottom of the GM rankings.

kskboys

Reaction score
Still showing your immature self. TROLL.
You are the sad person here. Ignore list you are on, because you are such a wasted poster.
You add nothing to this forum.
Thank bog. You are simply a miserable little jerk who attacks others w/ no provocation just because they are smarter than you. I am ecstatic to be on your ignore list, first smart thing you've ever said on here.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on Ranching. I’ve always enjoyed your stuff and you know I don’t whine too much and have been level headed through all my years and name changes here. I’m not miserable. It’s a game. They are still my team and have been since I’ve been a kid. My main point was management has had the ability to bring in talent and we’ve seen talent the last decade. To me it’s frustrating that it’s been wasted in various ways…coaching and Garrett were the biggest. To me it’s just a truth that I learn to deal with. I still have hope every year. I saw people taking about their kids. My son just turned 10. One of his gifts was the blue Trevon Diggs 7 jersey. I try and keep his Cowboy interest strong because he initially wanted a Justin Jefferson Vikings jersey. To me that’s the rub. Kids don’t have really favorite teams anymore…just players. I think part of it is just they don’t know what a playoff run looks like with the local team.

Anyways I just think we know what we have in Jerry so a lot of my faith is based on pure hope…hope for a splash or magical season despite what’s happened
Yes sir, you're one of the good ones....I was just wondering.....I didn't mean to disrespect. Have a great week!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve been over this before. How fans can support the sum without supporting every moving piece.

What do you think the definition of being a fan is a cheerleader not ever being critical or calling out concerns they have ?

It certainly comes off like you are disrespecting fans . Perhaps you should revisit the rules of this forum in that we can call out and or critique any part of the Cowboys without taking personal insults or attacks .

You seem to think fans who disrespect any part of the Cowboys deserve your personal disrespect which simply isn’t allowed openly in this forum. And it’s beginning to look as though that’s your purpose here.

You’ve admitted to seeing the concerns many of us have with our ownership but yet tire of hearing it. Perhaps this isn’t a thread or part of this forum you should be participating in if you don’t have more self control toward other members . Otherwise you come off like you’re trolling them.

phildadon86

Reaction score
12-5 is not hovering around 500. Its not close to mediocre either. Agreed they arent championship caliber, but one could argue, before the Oline went south they were a contender. At 7-1 the Cowboys offense was crushing teams with the run and the pass and the defense was getting better.
In all fairness. 7-1 was beating up on some bad teams minus 2. I know what you are saying but this team needs to learn how to win when it matters. Its not on Dak its not on anyone specifically, but this team needs to learn how to stop playing down to opponents. That team looked ill prepared and like they didnt even want to be there against San Fran. It was brutal to watch. Gregory laughing after the penalty and I knew they had no shot.