Go get Andy Dalton

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He’s nothing impressive lol.

He's a damn sight better then any backup we've had hear in a very long time. At the very least, we could have gotten trade value. But sure, he was so unimpressive that he's managed to stay employed in a league where he plays the toughest position in that league, for 11 seasons now.

Yeah, we were totally right to leave him out there to get claimed. LOL.........

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Gonna be a polite pass for me unless you insert a decimal into his yearly contract number.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Dude got benched in Cincinnati. It doesn't get much lower than that. Although, Dalton is probably happy he can move on from that crap organization. Pretty much any city other than Cleveland would be a step up. Wouldn't want to live in either city.

CB61

Reaction score
I wish we'd kept Matt Moore. Whomever decided to let that guy go needs to get their butt kicked over and over again IMO.
You're an old-school Cowboy fan and not a snowflake I like that LOL

joseephuss

Reaction score
Terry Glenn vs Matt Moore.

Dallas kept an injured Glenn around and gambled they could get Moore on the PS. They didn't want to keep 3 QBs on the roster and Moore was not ready to be the #2 back up QB at that time. Heck, at that time they weren't absolutely positive Romo was ready to be the #1 guy. They did know if Romo got hurt they would rather have an experienced, veteran back up than a raw rookie. Plus the veteran could be a calming voice for Romo. Even if they had kept Moore in 2007, he wouldn't still be in Dallas now. He would eventually want to leave to try and be a starter somewhere. It wasn't a dumb move. It was just a move. Things happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He would instantly be the best backup QB in the league. If Dak goes down, Cooper Rush doesn't stand a chance. A side benefit is that he will push Dak to be better.
Jerry isnt going to pay for a good bkup qb, cooper is cheap........cheap the jones boys like.....cheap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's a damn sight better then any backup we've had hear in a very long time. At the very least, we could have gotten trade value. But sure, he was so unimpressive that he's managed to stay employed in a league where he plays the toughest position in that league, for 11 seasons now.

Yeah, we were totally right to leave him out there to get claimed. LOL.........

I don't care about a backup journeyman. I'm sorry. If that's what you want the Cowboys to have they could've easily went out and got Josh McCown or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ive always found Matt Moore rueage funny. He has never been a legit starter, and only a decent backup
Right lol. Like how long was he suppose to be here lol? HE was suppose to outlast Romo and Dak? People really need to let him go lol. There are other players we can rue who actually are starters.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry isnt going to pay for a good bkup qb, cooper is cheap........cheap the jones boys like.....cheap.

Dalton has a $17 million cap hit for next season, and you can't escape it by releasing him.

It would be foolish to trade for him to be a back up, unless people actually believe he'd lead Dallas somewhere if Dak got hurt. :muttley:

He's 0-4 in playoff games.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There's cheap and there's stupid. They aren't stupid enough to trade for Dalton's contract.
Well it is also too late even if they wanted to.

When the Bengals cut him, I bet they look hard at him. Especially Garrett if he is still around. He liked him during the draft process and he would certainly like to give another of his kind a job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well it is also too late even if they wanted to.

When the Bengals cut him, I bet they look hard at him. Especially Garrett if he is still around. He liked him during the draft process and he would certainly like to give another of his kind a job.

They probably would. I don't see why Dalton doesn't try and be a starter somewhere though. Seems like he should still have a few years left.

star-ving

Reaction score
His orange hair goes better with his current uni...would be wayyyy too distracting in Cowboy colors.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
There has been only one back-up QB that has stayed with the Dallas organization for over 10 years... Terrible decision!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He would instantly be the best backup QB in the league. If Dak goes down, Cooper Rush doesn't stand a chance. A side benefit is that he will push Dak to be better.

Was stupid not to go for Bridgewater a couple years ago, a couple of us on here wanted that. I even made a thread about Minshew in the draft section, his play style would have fit here nicely.

We don't just need security behind Dak, but some competition. Rush isn't lighting a fire under anyone.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Push Dak to be better at what?
Attending church?