Go get me Earl Thomas & Josh Gordon tomorrow

joseephuss

Reaction score
You bring in Gordon because there's little to lose in doing so. If he gets suspended again, oh well, cut him. If he balls out, it was worth the risk. I'm not saying bring him in on some multi year deal. Let's see what he has in the tank. For a one year deal, there is nothing to lose, and it's clear as day that Dak needs a real weapon at WR.

What if he balls out for a few games, becomes a focal point of the offense and then gets suspended during a critical juncture of the season?

joseephuss

Reaction score
it cost you a late round pick.

It impacts the team. It costs more than the pick and money to get him. If he gets suspended again it takes a toll on the team. Same with Gregory. Dallas went through this with Leon Lett. He became a burden to the team. Sometimes the circus isn't worth the price of admission. Seeing a tiger live and in person sounds great until you see them lethargic and drugged up.

jrumann59

Reaction score
What if he balls out for a few games, becomes a focal point of the offense and then gets suspended during a critical juncture of the season?
I doubt he becomes a focal point, this offense is not built that way...so I have been told...

jay94

Reaction score
It also costs you development time with the other receivers.

Haven't we had enough (I know I have) of "problem" players? Gregory, Irving, Hardy. That's enough...

Our receivers, who cares, those receivers wouldn't be spotted on most rosters.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Our receivers, who cares, those receivers wouldn't be spotted on most rosters.

A Gordon can't help you if he's suspended, at least our guys are actually on the field. Williams might be suspended, but he's on his last year anyway, he's not getting that many looks anyway, no big loss...