Go Phillies

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I recall last season wondering, how in the world did the lousy Braves all of a sudden get to the NLCS? It happened so fast.

Now, the Phil's have done the same. They're identical to last years Braves who had 88 wins in the regular season & the Phil's had 87 wins in the regular season this year. Should the Phil's or Padres win it all, it will be back to back World Series Champions who had under 90 wins in the regular season.

DANG....Schwarber blasted a baseball into orbit a Statcast-projected 488 feet, to be exact. It was the longest homer hit at Petco Park since Statcast tracking began in 2015.

And to think I started this thread in May. No band wagon rider at this end. :D

Ps- Phil's will celebrate going to the World Series IN Philly!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I recall last season wondering, how in the world did the lousy Braves all of a sudden get to the NLCS? It happened so fast.

Now, the Phil's have done the same. They're identical to last years Braves who had 88 wins in the regular season & the Phil's had 87 wins in the regular season this year. Should the Phil's or Padres win it all, it will be back to back World Series Champions who had under 90 wins in the regular season.

DANG....Schwarber blasted a baseball into orbit a Statcast-projected 488 feet, to be exact. It was the longest homer hit at Petco Park since Statcast tracking began in 2015.

And to think I started this thread in May. No band wagon rider at this end. :D

They’re certainly on fire at the moment. So are the Astros.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Who cares! My favorite All-time team just punched their ticket....
Many of you were waiting for the Phil's to lose to reply....sorry about you luck! :muttley:

Hey Mets, you can have division title, Phillies have the NL pennant!

Flamma

Reaction score
How do you think Jor Girardi feels right now? There's no hiding from this. You were fired and your replacement took the team to the WS.

That would be akin to the coach of the Denver Broncos being fired after their loss in London, and the new coach leads them to a SB.

Flamma

Reaction score
The general consensus was, if the Phillies could split with Houston, they should take a 3-2 lead back to Houston. Then see what happens.

kskboys

Reaction score
congrats to the Phillies. I hope they beat the cheating Astros. It is going to be tough, but not any tougher than having to go through Atlanta and San Diego to get there.
Dang, you are really a poor little victim sort. Get over it, dude, it's been over 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Dang, you are really a poor little victim sort. Get over it, dude, it's been over 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't care about it. Just stating that I prefer the Phillies because they dont have that kind of history. Always pull for the underdog if I dont care about either team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley: Bryce Harper leads charge vs. Lance McCullers Jr.
The Philly fireworks started almost immediately. After a walk to Kyle Schwarber, Harper demolished the first World Series pitch he saw at Citizens Bank Park.
In the second inning, the Phillies smoked two more homers to put the Astros in a demoralizing 4-0 hole. The last burst left McCullers with all seven runs on his tab, the most runs allowed by a World Series starter since 2004.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Wow. Truly amazing. Congrats young man!
No one got nothing to say now?
Not everyone is up that time of night let alone posting on a forum & trolling a ladies' thread as you. Seems as though you didn't have anything to say the entire season until now.

Moving on. I started this thread in May. I start a Phillies thread each year. Been a fan for decades. Them beating the Braves was my WS. No one expected the Phillies to even make the playoffs. If their season ends with just winning the Pennant, that's an accomplishment NO ONE seen coming.

Astros have a very good bullpen, reason why they've been to the WS 4x's in six years. No Dodgers, No Yankees & No Braves is both franchises fanbase dream. There's no bitterness at this end!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Oh my, looks like Houston doesn't have a problem lol. Congrats, the better team won. What's cool, Houston only has one WS championship, so should they win their 2nd, they'll be tied with the Phillies two championships. That said, it's nice seeing two different franchises in the WS that doesn't have a dozen championships.

One question? Why couldn't Houston beat the Egals too last night?! :lmao:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can Philadelphia do the same as the Nats did to the Astros in 2019 being down 2 games? The AL's No 1 seed, the Astros went undefeated in the first two rounds as they rolled to their fourth Fall Classic in six years.

The Phillies, the sixth seed in the National League, w/the worst regular season record of any team in the playoffs, upset their way to their first World Series since 2009. We ALL know how Philly loves being the Underdog.