Goff traded for Stafford

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m definitely too old but I’m not going to put up with some college kids crap when I’m just minding my own business. What do you think about zeke being he carries purses and wears his shirt up? Did it ever occur to you I may be mocking his ridiculousness? I think it did and you’re trying to mask your comment behind what you really want to say but as usual you don’t have the balls.
I actually don't know much about Zeke off the field...I didn't know he wore purses...maybe he does it for "swag"?

aria

Reaction score
Made it to the Super Bowl with a 1st round RB....
And beat the hell out of us in the playoffs with a RB who was sitting on the couch a few months before while making zeke look like the chump he is. They put CJ in and did just fine. Coincidence they let Gurley go shortly after? I don’t think so.

aria

Reaction score
I actually don't know much about Zeke off the field...I didn't know he wore purses...maybe he does it for "swag"?
You don’t know much about zeke off the field? Probably explains why you like him so much.

aria

Reaction score
So is that the bar? Just do better than the Cowboys? That's silly logic lol.
No, which is why it’s so funny that you claim we draft so well but mock the Rams for doing what they do when they have better results.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Maybe the Rams have something up their sleeve. Maybe the Rams will trade Stafford for some picks this year. Maybe the Rams can get a 1st and some change trading Stafford. The Rams seemed like they were high on their backup QB who played in a playoff game, I thought. Can’t remember. Did he play decent and then get hurt?

DFWJC

Reaction score
No. They absolutely aren't. Just remember that any GM that's trading a future 1 for a current 2 is also making that trade with a GM giving away his current 2 for a future 1. Why would he do that if he doesn't see the value in it?

And that GM that traded away his future 1 for a 2nd round pick will tell you he had a 1st round grade on the player.

You just told us the Rams' 2023 1st round pick is just like a 3rd rounder this year. That then has to mean our 1st round pick this year is as valuable as our 3rd rounder in 2019.

Sorry. That's just dumb.
Take it up with them.

Other than the very top of the draft, the valuations work out that way.

Im not telling you I think that way.
That IS how the trades go though.

Maybe in part because they get zero from a future pick in the current year.
Next years possible pick gives them exactly zero contribution for one full present year.

Don't ask me.
You can say it stupid till you’re blue in face....and you may be right.
Not my idea and not my trade valuation.
Just telling you how it works with mid to later current 2nds vs future 1st.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And beat the hell out of us in the playoffs with a RB who was sitting on the couch a few months before while making zeke look like the chump he is. They put CJ in and did just fine. Coincidence they let Gurley go shortly after? I don’t think so.
It was a dual role...CJ Anderson had like 125 yards and Gurley had 116 yards at 7 yards a carry. Gurley had a great game that day too.

You don’t know much about zeke off the field? Probably explains why you like him so much.
Wasn't aware that I "like him so much"...but yeah I don't pay attention to what guys do outside of the football field.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Take it up with the GMs
Just telling you how they are traded in the real world.
Thats how it is.
That not my valuation.
You act like I am personally doing it.
Just look it up.

That trade chart is almost always within 5-10% on all trades except at the very very top of the draft.
It gets grayer when future picks are used.
But when you plug in the values I mentioned (2021 mid late 2nd value applied to 2022 mid 1st) it balances out almost every time.
For the last decade at least

I did not say I thought they should be valued that way, but they absolutely are
Just adding to your response to Risen, wish I knew how to include that my apologies.
Very close friend of many years and deep in the business, tells me all the time over the years that he hated 1st round picks.
And I respond why would you hate 1st round picks, arent they supposed to be the easy picks, and he would and will today adamantly disagree.
I will try and interpret to the best of my recollection from these conversations over the past 30 years,, so its not an exact quote, just saying..
So here goes.. " First rounders suck, I have to follow all the company standards, the FO standards, its all the measurables, its how big and fast, the forty time, how strong, how many bench reps,,,etc...
If I draft this guy with the first rounder and he has all these measurables and he is a bust than I keep my job..... but if I pass on this 1st round pick and go with my own choice and he busts than I lose my job."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, which is why it’s so funny that you claim we draft so well but mock the Rams for doing what they do when they have better results.

I could be wrong but I think a big reason why they have "better results" is because they have Sean McVey and we had Garrett and McCarthy....I could be wrong though unless you think McVey is as bad as they are......

aria

Reaction score
It was a dual role...CJ Anderson had like 125 yards and Gurley had 116 yards at 7 yards a carry. Gurley had a great game that day too.

Wasn't aware that I "like him so much"...but yeah I don't pay attention to what guys do outside of the football field.
A duel role between a journeyman RB who was cut by one or two teams that same season and the leagues highest paid RB shouldn’t occur or does that prove why it’s so dumb to pay RB’s that much money?

You don’t pay attention to what guys do off the field? Lol, so I guess all the times you defended zeke’s off the field behavior wasn’t really you, someone just hacked your computer. YOU ARE A LIAR!

aria

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think a big reason why they have "better results" is because they have Sean McVey and we had Garrett and McCarthy....I could be wrong though unless you think McVey is as bad as they are......
See, that surprises me coming from someone who was so impressed with Garrett.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Don't blame the rams for making that trade just suprised they gave that much up but they for sure have a better qb now I guess.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't know where the Rams are for cap space this year, but you have to think they are going to scoop as much talent as they can during FA. Talk about win now mode...

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I'm happy for Lions fans. Those poor bastids deserve something to feel good about.

It’s likely it’s the only thing they’ve ever seen their team win...
It’s an unbelievably bad trade by the Rams, their fans are going to absolutely hate the night of the 1st round of the draft for years lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
It’s likely it’s the only thing they’ve ever seen their team win...
It’s an unbelievably bad trade by the Rams, their fans are going to absolutely hate the night of the 1st round of the draft for years lol
It wont affect this years draft, but unless they make at least the NFC title game next year, draft day is gonna hurt some.

starcity214

Reaction score
Dak is better than Stafford.

Yet some on here think the cowboys should let Dak walk and couldn’t get a first for him.

:facepalm:

You should probably let Jerry know this..

You know, since he's the one that has refused to sign Dak for 3 years straight

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't blame the rams for making that trade just suprised they gave that much up but they for sure have a better qb now I guess.
If they had, say, the 30th pick this year, that would've done it.
But they didnt even have a late 1st rounder, so it took two futures to make up for it.
Ouch