Goff / Wentz / Prescott - after 3 years

Fontaine

Reaction score
The thing that impressed me most about Dak is when the games on the line he has ice in his veins, pressure in his face or not he gets it done. Goff is hot garbage when there’s a hint of pressure, and would be a career backup if McVay didn’t come around when he did. I think Wentz is a product of a good system.

I’ll take Dak.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It's called trends, and understanding that rookie years are pretty meaningless. But hey, let's all try to pretend Dak is better than the other guys because he's got 1/3 years with better stats to their 2/3 (and growing). I'll look at where players are going, you can look at where they have been.

And that's not even mentioning the team situations for all 3 guys their first year.

Ah okay. So since we're cutting off stats and looking at where players are GOING, why don't we look at the 2nd half of this season's stats.

Wentz
Overall Last 8 Weeks Completion Percentage: 70.4%
Avg Attempts: 34.8
Avg Completion:24.6
Avg TD's: 2
Avg QB rating: 102.3
Avg Rushing Attempts: 3
Avg Rush Yards: 6.1

Prescott (including his 2 post season games)
Overall (10) Week Completion Percentage: 70.7%
Avg Attempts: 35.4
Avg Completion: 24.9
Avg TD's: 1.4
Avg QB rating: 100. 59
Avg Rushing Attempts: 4.1
Avg Rush Yards: 9

Goff (includes his last 8 weeks and his post season games)
Overall (including post season)
Completion Percentage: 61%
Avg Attempts: 37.6
Avg Completion: 22.9
Avg QB rating: 87.6
Avg Rushing Attempts: 2.4

Overall, SINCE WE'RE LOOKING AT STATS SEEING WHERE THEY'RE GOING, who is the best QB going into the 2019 season? Worst? BASED OFF OF STATS.

Edit: Forgot to include a stat for Goff.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ah okay. So since we're cutting off stats and looking at where players are GOING, why don't we look at the 2nd half of this season's stats.

Wentz

Overall, SINCE WE'RE LOOKING AT STATS SEEING WHERE THEY'RE GOING, who is the best QB going into the 2019 season? Worst? BASED OFF OF STATS.

You're wasting your time and breath with those kinds of posters. They are just hurt because Romo didn't reach a championship game, and so they wish upon a shiny star that Dak doesn't. It would shatter their hearts into a million pieces and destroy what's left of their dreams forever. lol

aria

Reaction score
I like Dak alright but there’s so many factors that go into these specific stats, especially after only 3 years, that I take them all with a grain of salt. I don’t think they definitively prove who is better at this point.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Still too early to call, but the obvious considerations:
  • Everyone would have taken Goff/Wentz several rounds ahead of Dak. 3 years later, no one has dominated like Mahomes or appeared as a bust, so why wouldn’t one stick with the draft evaluations and still take Goff/Wentz ahead of Dak?
  • Goff and Wentz were in pass happy offenses in college that prepared them for NFL passing...Dak was in a college RPO offense in which he excelled as a leader and decision maker more than as a downfield passer.
All 3 QBs have lots of room for improvement and show the ability to improve. Like most young QBs, they need a supporting cast and weapons, and those have heavily favored Goff while Wentz needs a better run game than this past year, and Dak needs a TE and improving receivers.

I don’t know if any of them will win a Super Bowl under center, but I do think all three teams have a QB they can win with, but there’s no Aaron Rogers who can take a team on his back inthos group. That’s not an indictment, just a fact.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
We are the worst team out of the the three when it comes to YAC. We were ranked 27th in Yac before the Cooper trade. We ended the season ranked 17th. Eagles were 7th and Rams 8th.

So both Wentz and Goff benefited more in stats due to YAC than Dak.

I'm talking over 3 years

Not just the first 6 games of 2018

pancakeman

Reaction score
It's also part of the passing philosophy and scheme that contribute to potential YAC. Stop routes, curls, hooks, comebacks etc. just have inherit limitations to getting YAC, those were heavy staples in our offense. Those were fine with guys like Dez and Witten that had speed/quickness limitations, but had the strength to body guys up and break tackles. That's one major thing I would like to see changed, more crosses, drags, digs, slants etc that utilize our receivers athletic ability and increase the chances to get YAC, passes that hit guys in stride, not passes that require guys to slow down or stop.
Agree 100%

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I would put Wince & Dak above Goff, easy. If you told me I had to start a franchise and pick a QB based on pure QB skill out of college, I’d pick Wince 10 times outta 10. However, we’ve seen Wince’s durability is a huge issue. QB durability is a major asset for any team, imo. This is what separates Dak from Wince for me. And now Wince’s leadership and persona have come into question. We’re seeing what kind of player Wince is now that he’s facing such adversity. At this point in time, I’d take Dak in a heartbeat...

mmohican29

Reaction score
If Dak is accused of being a dink and dunker, then Wentz is a dink and dunker extraordinaire.

The difference in games started between the 3 skews the numbers.

Yards per attempt however is apples to apples.

Rushing totals huge Dak advantage despite skewed passing stats.

Still an argument for any of the 3 can be made.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Wentz

Wentz - Goff - Dak.

I mean you totally got me there with that 8 game sample...:rolleyes:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Wentz played 11 games. Here's each QB's passer rating in his last 11 games.

Wentz 102.2
Dak 100.9
Goff 86.6