Goff / Wentz / Prescott - after 3 years

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
But I though Wince is the bestest evah.......the ones that think that take the media heads waaay too seriously and ignore the facts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This can't be real life.

Yes Wentz was really dragged down by the team that won a super bowl without him.

Then tell me again how Dak was driving a Ferrari for the past 3 seasons but Wentz didn’t have much help.

The truth is. The only season Dak had a better supporting cast than Wentz, was his rookie year. Wentz had a better supporting cast in year 2 and probably even in year 3.

But the stats posted was for a 3 year total.

So over those 3 seasons listed. Tell me again how Dak had the better supporting cast.

Zman5

Reaction score
YAC could also skew YPA

A dump down to Zeke that goes for 35 yards still shows up as a 35 yards pass.

I'm not drawing any conclusions. I'm just saying ignoring YAC of the receivers is, or at least could be, a significant portion of that puzzle as well.
We are the worst team out of the the three when it comes to YAC. We were ranked 27th in Yac before the Cooper trade. We ended the season ranked 17th. Eagles were 7th and Rams 8th.

So both Wentz and Goff benefited more in stats due to YAC than Dak.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Missed the most important stat in this league including playoffs:

Dak Prescott: 33 wins, 18 losses
Jared Goff: 26 wins, 16 losses
Carson Wentz: 23 wins, 17 losses

Not a QB stat, so no, as has been pointed out, Mosher did good not to include those.

irishline

Reaction score
His "talent" lies between the 20's.....he fails in clutch situations.

We were 29th in Red Zone TD scoring this year at 48%. Not bashing Dak about it but if you are saying Wentz's talent isn't in the red zone not sure where that leaves Dak (Philly was 12% better and ranked 16th).

Guess I am just not exactly sure where you thought that point was going given the "facts" (as you put it a post earlier).

Edit: And for the record I would still take Dak over him as it stands now.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Props to Mosher, no game winning drives, no QB Winz and no rushing TDS added to passing TDS to create deception... does the average Dak slobberer even know what the other numbers in this chart even mean?
With Goff’s totals being accomplished in 10 fewer games than Dak, Goff is an easy winner. If you exclude Goff’s numbers as a 22 year old having to take over at midseason for a Jeff Fisher train wreck, Goff has easily lapped the field the last two years.
"yards per attempt, which is a far better indicator of qb play than passer rating these days." - Super_Kazuya

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'll take Dak Prescott. :starspin:

(Ducks and runs out of thread quickly. Have at it, my friends.)

pancakeman

Reaction score
We are the worst team out of the the three when it comes to YAC. We were ranked 27th in Yac before the Cooper trade. We ended the season ranked 17th. Eagles were 7th and Rams 8th.

Though QB's also contribute to YAC (by finding the most open receivers, by accuracy that allows the receiver to catch balls in stride, etc.).

SibannacRex

Reaction score
It does say Games Started on the chart. I agree its not a apples to apples comparison. It is however, an accurate look at what each of the three qbs has done. I dont think it rightfully predicts the future though.

But that includes a lot of games for Wentz that he started this year and he had obviously not full recovered from the ACL tear. It was compounded with a back injury that was kept hush hush by the eagles. Anyways, you get my point.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
But that includes a lot of games for Wentz that he started this year and he had obviously not full recovered from the ACL tear. It was compounded with a back injury that was kept hush hush by the eagles. Anyways, you get my point.

Yeah I get it, but flat out its what they've done since they were drafted.

Zman5

Reaction score

Not really in the scenario he was describing.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Dak is the best now and will have the best overall career....Romo’s and trolls be damned.
Goff next.
Wentz career will be cut short.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Though QB's also contribute to YAC (by finding the most open receivers, by accuracy that allows the receiver to catch balls in stride, etc.).
It's also part of the passing philosophy and scheme that contribute to potential YAC. Stop routes, curls, hooks, comebacks etc. just have inherit limitations to getting YAC, those were heavy staples in our offense. Those were fine with guys like Dez and Witten that had speed/quickness limitations, but had the strength to body guys up and break tackles. That's one major thing I would like to see changed, more crosses, drags, digs, slants etc that utilize our receivers athletic ability and increase the chances to get YAC, passes that hit guys in stride, not passes that require guys to slow down or stop.

GMO415

Reaction score
For an overall #1 pick, Goff is dog ****. He got exposed and everyone in the NFL has seen the blueprint. They will not return to the plaoff let alone a SB.