Going For It On 4th

loublue22

Reaction score
Well we didn't have a kicker really. Props to that guy for making all the XPs though.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Atlanta probably didn't like going for it when they could have cut it to a 1 point game early on. But going for it when we did was probably the right choice considering we got a new kicker. I'm not sure I would completely trust our other kicker.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Going for it on 4th down seems to be the new thing around the league. Guess they'll have to fire ALL the HC's. :laugh:

I'm stick'n with MM. He's a winner and the haters are gonna get left in the dust.

conner01

Reaction score
Did this week make y’all feel any different about how often we go for it?
No
It’s about situations
Last week the second time we was in FG range and should have kicked
This week a different situation on the second one because your offense was clicking and last week they weren’t

Plankton

Reaction score
I can't say that I was a fan of either call to go for it today, but there's a reason why I can make such brilliant assessments from my couch as opposed to being on a sideline doing it.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
People dont want clapper play to lose mentality then they should not complain about a coach who is willing to risk it and play to win. Can't want both.

Jipper

Reaction score
With all things it's good in moderation...and in this case when the situation calls for it....I don't mind going for it once we have crossed our own 45 but when we are deep on our side I don't like it...

bewp7

Reaction score
idk i like being aggressive but this d does make me nervous going for it but i was ok with it this week because they had to beat down the falcons after denver game and i did not fear falcons offense at all even after the 1st drive i knew they stink

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
It’s a league wide phenomenon.
Yeah. I don't claim to know much about analytics, but I seem to remember reading some years back that statistically speaking, teams are often (not always) better off going for it on 4th down rather than punting. I had a feeling at some point coaches would catch onto this and looks like it's happening.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I will never like it in the first quarter with no points on the board and when in field goal range. Just ain't necessary that early in the game.

But in the end the coaches and coordinators have their jobs for a reason, so as long as we're winning I don't care.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't claim to know much about analytics, but I seem to remember reading some years back that statistically speaking, teams are often (not always) better off going for it on 4th down rather than punting. I had a feeling at some point coaches would catch onto this and looks like it's happening.
It seems as though they are foregoing FGs at a much higher rate though.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
It seems as though they are foregoing FGs at a much higher rate though.
Yeah you're right. Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel like kickers have been missing a bit more lately than they had in previous years. So maybe teams are less confident in their kickers. Who knows.