Going forward, I would like to believe in Zeke

Sydla

Reaction score
"We?" Which one of the Joneses are you? Dude played on one leg in a game where the offensive line got its collective arse whupped. It's a miracle he got that much. No back is running wild when the line is getting blown up. Even a healthy Zeke would have had a tough time against that. Especially if he was only going to get 12 stinkin carries. Basically 3 totes per quarter offers no chance whatsoever to establish any kind of rhythm running the ball or to find which matchup, if any, we were winning up front with any regularity.

The underlying point is that Zeke just ain’t as good as he once was and that we are hurting ourselves eating up the cap space we are for a good but not elite back.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think for many, it's not about believing in Zeke or not. It's more to do with the contract and ramifications it has on the overall team.

If Elliott's cap hit was $3 million this year, I suspect few would have issues with him. The problem is he has a ridiculous cap hit and that clearly hinders the Cowboys in being able to be a bit more aggressive in FA.

I suspect Zeke will be be fine and if the OL plays well early, the running game with Zeke and Pollard should be effective. But the problem that many have is that it appears you can get what we will likely get out of Elliott for a fraction of the cost.
No, zeke is slow and predictable. Not a playmaker. Plodding. Makes our offense slow and predictable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The underlying point is that Zeke just ain’t as good as he once was and that we are hurting ourselves eating up the cap space we are for a good but not elite back.
Your talking to a guy that still thinks zeke is a top 3 back. Don’t waste your time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team will be better if it can lean on Zeke no question about it. Even if Dak takes the next step in his own development and breaks into that elusive upper tier of QBs, the TEAM still will be better if Zeke is closer to his unstoppable self than the peg leg we watched after week 5 last year.
Unstoppable self? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

How many years ago was that?

thanks for the laugh though.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I actually agree with this. Maybe not lead the league if Henry is healthy, but for sure increase are chances of winning. Moore gets too impatient for that though. If I’m them and he’s healthy I’m going Murray carry level on him in what should be his last season here.
Exactly right....Moore will throw too much..

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Even if I agreed that Zeke is not as good as he once was, the only reason we are not getting elite back production from him is we don't want to. For the four week stretch when we leaned on him last season he averaged > 100 yards per game and ~ 6 yards per carry. If that's not elite I don't know what is. Once he got hurt and we could not longer lean on him the offense became far less productive and so did he. I don't expect Zeke to lead the league in rushing or anything close. That's not how this team wants to play football. However none of th at changes the fact that they paid him his contract on the premise that they were going to continue to use him in that manner. The fact that the Cowboys decided to go in a different direction offensively after signing him is not the least bit his fault and I refuse to be mad at him about it.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No they wouldn't. It depends on the RB.
How many Carrie's are there to give?

That doesn’t matter. You said 25 per game and completely healthy. You give pollard 25 and health and he does it. Rico could do it.

Hardline

Reaction score
That doesn’t matter. You said 25 per game and completely healthy. You give pollard 25 and health and he does it. Rico could do it.
Absolutely 100% false.
You are just throwing out wild accusations.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Absolutely 100% false.
You are just throwing out wild accusations.
it was you who threw out the wild accusation.

there is like 3 rbs that get 300 Carrie’s per year now.

rushing title is meaningless.

it’s about what you do with the Carrie’s not how many you get.

zeke does diddly with his Carrie’s. 4 ypc and can barely score outside the 5 yard line.

Hardline

Reaction score
it was you who threw out the wild accusation.

there is like 3 rbs that get 300 Carrie’s per year now.

rushing title is meaningless.

it’s about what you do with the Carrie’s not how many you get.

zeke does diddly with his Carrie’s. 4 ypc and can barely score outside the 5 yard line.
Give Derek Henry and Tony Pollard 25 carries a game and I can guarantee you Derek Henry wins by a lot.

This "give any RB 25 carries" is pure crap.
Your mancrush with Pollard is over the top. And I'm a huge Pollard fan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Give Derek Henry and Tony Pollard 25 carries a game and I can guarantee you Derek Henry wins by a lot.

This "give any RB 25 carries" is pure crap.
Your mancrush with Pollard is over the top. And I'm a huge Pollard fan.

you didn’t say give all backs 25 Carrie’s. You said just zeke. Lol

henry doesn’t get 25 a game.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Zeke is more like a blunt spoon than a spear.
you better hope he stays healthy.
we need a run game.
period.
and they ain't gettin' rid of zeke...not now...not next year.
ain't happnin'.