Going into week 8 of Gallimore's injury and still no word of him coming off IR

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think they are planning on returning a lot of guys after the bye week… they have so much roster juggling to do and they can avoid disrupting the work flow and routines of the players that are playing a ton of snaps right now
This is the answer

fansince68

Reaction score
Why is Gallimore so anticipated? What did he do last season to garner such anticipation?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Osa has made the most of the opportunity to start.

I’m glad to get Gallimore back to add depth, but Osa is better.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why is Gallimore so anticipated? What did he do last season to garner such anticipation?
I could ask you the opposite question. Did he kick your dog or something? He was greatly improved at the end of the season and doing well before he was injured. Why not anticipate him picking up where he left off?

ultron

Reaction score
Haven’t seemed to need him but he was the 1 guy that really stood out in a positive way last year, and there’s no such thing as having too many good defensive linemen

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We are going into week 8 of Gallimore's injury and still not word of him coming off IR. He had a dislocated elbow with no ligament of bone damage. 8 weeks seems like a long time.

I am expecting to get word soon that he will need season ending surgery to repair something in his elbow.
Cowboys are enjoying seeing these young players play well. With so many currently alternating plays and doing damage, that may be why Gallimore and others are remaining on temporary IR longer than usual. It gives the coaches a chance to see what these other players truly can do.

fansince68

Reaction score
I could ask you the opposite question. Did he kick your dog or something? He was greatly improved at the end of the season and doing well before he was injured. Why not anticipate him picking up where he left off?
No he didn't kick my dog nor make many tackles either. We got stomped up the middle at the end of the season as well. D line is better as is. At least we get pressure up the middle as a bonus.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No he didn't kick my dog nor make many tackles either. We got stomped up the middle at the end of the season as well. D line is better as is. At least we get pressure up the middle as a bonus.
Gallimore will be a huge addition to this defense. You don't have to like it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I believe Gallimore began the season on PUP which meant he had to miss a minimum of 6 games. So I'm not sure why people are antsy about his return when he has at least two more weeks to go before he can come back. Calm the F down.. He and Hill will be back about the same time.. I think both will add something to our d-line rotation. Both will need to bring it to unseat Osa though..

Creeper

Reaction score
A lot of you are suggesting they could bring him back but they are deliberately holding off until after the bye week. You may be right, but isn't that a bit risky? Gallimore was the starter coming into the season and supposedly made a big improvement over his rookie season. Holding out your best DT if he can actually play seems like a bad idea to me. But we'll see ho wit works out.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think some posters have a dislocated brain that needs to be popped back into place.

He is not wrong. As I posted, I had a very similar injury in high school. A pile of players fell on me and bent my arm backwards at the elbow. I thought my arm was wrecked for good by the injury but nothing broke or tore and I was playing the following week again. It is painful and the swelling is shocking but that all went away in a couple of days.

CWR

Reaction score

Just potential, and he was supposedly looking really good in the off season. I'd like to see him in this defense as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A lot of you are suggesting they could bring him back but they are deliberately holding off until after the bye week. You may be right, but isn't that a bit risky? Gallimore was the starter coming into the season and supposedly made a big improvement over his rookie season. Holding out your best DT if he can actually play seems like a bad idea to me. But we'll see ho wit works out.
holding out he had to be on IR a minimum of games then coming off he works his way back in..not sure which IR he was on but they arent holding him for no reason..its part of the IR rules process to keep teams from stashing players.

some fans making mountains out of molehills is amusing at best.... hes coming back along with lot of other big roster shuffling and depth for the real season after the bye..

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We are going into week 8 of Gallimore's injury and still not word of him coming off IR. He had a dislocated elbow with no ligament of bone damage. 8 weeks seems like a long time.

I am expecting to get word soon that he will need season ending surgery to repair something in his elbow.
The media lies....period. I quit believing anything the media says. Infact...if the media says it...just plan on the opposite being true.