Going into week 8 of Gallimore's injury and still no word of him coming off IR

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
He hasn’t practiced in 8 weeks. It is a new system. I think a lot of the players have moved ahead of him. Going to be hard for him to catch

I would normally agree with you but look at what Chauncey Golston has been able to accomplish after absolutely no training camp.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would normally agree with you but look at what Chauncey Golston has been able to accomplish after absolutely no training camp.

That is true. I would agree. I think the bigger challenge for Gallimore is the competition is higher this year. There is more talent on the DL and Gallimore is competing against Odig, Bohanna, Hamilton, Golston, Urban, and Gregory on the inside at DT. Golston and Gregory can play DT on occasion. Last year, Gallimore really didn't have competition and looked good due to the lack of competition somewhat. We'll see what Gallimore brings this year. I like what I saw with Gallimore the latter half of the season last year. I did not notice that he improved over last year with the little I saw of him in camp.

fansince68

Reaction score
Gallimore will be a huge addition to this defense. You don't have to like it.
I mean you are "Joe King" right? All I'm trying to get across is the fact that the current d line is showing tons of promise in just 4 games. Don't be shocked if Gallimore is on the sidelines once he comes back. "Potential" never sacked the qb and stops the run...but Oddigy does.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whenever Gallimore does return if he can pick up where he left off in training camp he could add a lot to our DL rotation heading into the homestretch. What made our defense so good in the early/mid 90s was being able to rotate in some fresh legs. We had backups like Leon Lett and Jimmie Jones contribute to our Super Bowl win in 92.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean you are "Joe King" right? All I'm trying to get across is the fact that the current d line is showing tons of promise in just 4 games. Don't be shocked if Gallimore is on the sidelines once he comes back. "Potential" never sacked the qb and stops the run...but Oddigy does.
They rotate everyone who dresses at DT.

Not as if he isnt going to play. He may not be a "starter," but that doesn't mean much on the DL.

He will be part of the rotation. You're probably....more like definitely....right that he will be eased in once he returns, and I dont think they are rushing him back to maybe expose a player that they want to keep around.

They seem to be trying to buy time and thats the right move while things are going well.

We need everyone and anyone in a 17 game regular season.

Edit: I assume that "sidelines" means he won't start. I wouldn't think you'd think he won't play at all.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That house of cards on the D-line has fooled you too. They can't wait to get their big daddy Neville back.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Had to be more to it....I had a RB dislocate his elbow, popped by into place and he never missed a game.
A RB doesn’t have to use his hands and arms to shock 330 LB giants at OG/OT.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A RB doesn’t have to use his hands and arms to shock 330 LB giants at OG/OT.
He needs them to stiff arm defensive players and block when he doesn't carry the ball....also , he uses it to break his fall when he is tackled.....put some more thought into it...