Going To Dallas Tommorow , Need a heads up

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Stay away from the cowboys cafe in irving, if it's still there. I got sick the last time I ate there.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Kangeroo, I am never been to Medeival Times, but I work right down the street from it. I would like to go one day.

- Mike G.

I used to work over behind the Anatole, Mike...

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
David I checked out the Addison website.

I found a dueling Piano Bar on there im certaintly going to go to. Thanks for the link man .

Fella's and ladies Im meeting a girl down there as well, wheres a good place to take a lady for a night of romance. Can you give me a place thats got a pretty chilled crowd with good food . Also tell me more about Sambuca's the jazz place hows this place for a date?

thank you texans for all your help , also hows the weather been down there? should i come off the plane in my underwear or what?

Dion2288

Reaction score
iceberg said:
and there's always a pappasito's right next to it for overpriced average mexican food. :)

Please tell us how you really feel.

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Who knows maybe one of you can talk this yankee in moving there,

Uhhh, don't hold your breath!! ;)

Seriously, here's another link to a publication that's very popular.

There annual best of "Best Of" issue is a great resource for what you're looking for.

Dallas Observer Best of Issue

Enjoy your stay, but please, don't forget to leave!! :p

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Also anyone know any nice apartments in the area? Ill be looking at those while down there as well.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Ok here is homours ways to look at texas in August

Weatherman states a cold wave is coming (tanslate it will be below 100 degrees)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Also anyone know any nice apartments in the area? Ill be looking at those while down there as well.

depends on your price range. valley ranch has a lot of nice apartments for around $700 and up (one bed and up also). addison has a lot but it's older. you'd have to go to north plano off the tollway around park to get to the newer stuff. if you're into a self-contained apt. complex, try "austin ranch" - tollway north out of dallas, when you see that razoos/amc i was talking about get off on windhaven parkway. after your 2nd light you'll pull into some pretty amazing looking apartment complexes with shopping and dining on the 1st floor.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Ok here is homours ways to look at texas in August

Weatherman states a cold wave is coming (tanslate it will be below 100 degrees)

actually, i don't know if we've officially hit 100 yet. if so, for a very short time.

mid-upper 90's now. summer has finally gotten here but it's been light overall.

Verdict

Reaction score
Paul's Porterhouse and/or Old San Francisco steak house. Both are right off of I-35E at Walnut Hill Lane & Composite Drive. They are both pricey but well worth it. Id say Pauls Porterhouse is my fave.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
thanks iceberg for the help man .

Im looking for a one bedroom for around 700 or so , ill look into the valley and austin ranch.

thanks man

Kangaroo

Reaction score
yes this year has been a milder summer than years past

I spent sometime out in these summer's in the Military and August always sucked

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
yes this year has been a milder summer than years past

I spent sometime out in these summer's in the Military and August always sucked
Try going through basic in SC during this time of year. At 5am it was already 80 degrees.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I was at the "West End" a couple of times. They had a place called ***** Last Resort. Walking distance from the dueling piano bar. If you go to Dick's, ask to see the book in the Bar. Ladies that flash at the bar, get a free drink. The book is full of polaroids of the young ladies.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
thanks iceberg for the help man .

Im looking for a one bedroom for around 700 or so , ill look into the valley and austin ranch.

thanks man

smaller one should be do-able. needless to say, it goes up from there. 6 years ago i lived right down the street from the cowboys headquarters and it was like $650 for the big one bedroom. i'm sure it's gone up - but it also depends on which complex you look at. there's a lot around the ranch area also.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
YEAGER , Thanks for the site. Im going to look at Deer Run, Highwood, Lodge at TimberGlen and Verades at timberland wich looks real nice.

Thanks ill tell them yeager sent me haha

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
I can help you with that, go to my website lascolinas-apt.com and fill out the questionaire...also, I might go to Carson's Wednesday...