Golden Tate to NYG

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I knew he would be too rich for our FO like most Free agents.

In defence of our FO, that is a LOT of money for a 30+ year old slot WR. I was thinking $16 mil would be the max for him. I'm glad we didn't spend that kind of money on him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That's a ridiculous contract. FA has sucked for us but the Giants are in "self-destruct" mode. Would much rather be where we are quite honestly...LOL

There's nothing self-destructive about this. Ridding of Odell left them without a true #1 WR, now they have good (not great) WRs across the board and it's not taking a chunk of cap. They also rid of expensive defensive players that were chosen from the past regime - Collins just made the most we've seen a safety get. Not sure that's a bad thing.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
In defence of our FO, that is a LOT of money for a 30+ year old slot WR. I was thinking $16 mil would be the max for him. I'm glad we didn't spend that kind of money on him.
I agree but others were thinking we could get him cheap, I was like not going to happen.

We can draft an outside and inside guy this year!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's a ridiculous contract. FA has sucked for us but the Giants are in "self-destruct" mode. Would much rather be where we are quite honestly...LOL

I actually think we're playing the frugal game with the 4 big ticket contracts starring us in the face for the near future. I'm sure we'll make more signings soon, but I don't think it'd be wise to blow too much cap space.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree but others were thinking we could get him cheap, I was like not going to happen.

We can draft an outside and inside guy this year!

To be honest, I'm not that fussed about the WRs overall in this draft other than the 1 slot WR I mention a lot.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not that fussed about the WRs overall in this draft other than the 1 slot WR I mention a lot.

It would be nice to get a guy that can play inside and outside with some speed.

Who is your guy?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It would be nice to get a guy that can play inside and outside with some speed.

Gallup is actually quite fast, and the WR I mention a lot is from Hawaii and I posted a link on another thread where the writer compares him to Beasley.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, according to a good amount of people here who want FA’s...Tate was too expensive, ET was too expensive, Tank wants too much, Collins was too expensive, Browns gave up too much for Beckham, Weasley was too expensive and Dak will be getting too much.

What in the hell are you guys looking for? Waiting for a guy to walk in off the streets? I swear, a lot of you sound like Jerry but at the same time are complaining about Jerry being too cheap.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
nic
Gallup is actually quite fast, and the WR I mention a lot is from Hawaii and I posted a link on another thread where the writer compares him to Beasley.
I really like Gallup, I would like another inside/outside threat and move him and cooper around to cause havoc with Gallup as well.