Golston 36 games played
TFL 27
Sack 12
FF 1
FR 3
Tackle 129
Tackle solo 71
Int 3
Again, I appreciate the research and effort involved in your posts.

I don't know much about the kid, but love his attitude. He's the kind of kid that's easy to root for, would be great if he turned into a solid player.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I know it's just rookie camp but Wright was one of the best rookies there and some say the most impressive of all the rookies including Parsons.

I'm ok where they took Wright and i think he will make a ton of people eat crow
some act like he was unrated...and that just isn't true.
many draft people had him in the 6th or 7th Rd area.
so its not like we took an undraftable player.
the league is always higher on some players.
if Dallas thought that much of him...you know other teams did as well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's very possible he is just a rotational piece but how do you know that he is just a backup at best when you haven't seen him take a snap even in otas against veterans? It's also possible he becomes a starter and plays extremely well. I think folks should at least see the guy play before saying what he is going to be in the future.

Thats my call. Its a prediction. Not too tough when a guy cant stand out in college, his chances of doing it in the pros arent going to be very good. He is a sold player, but nothing jumps out. HE isnt great at anything. Typical rotation guy. That just doenst excite me.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Thats my call. Its a prediction. Not too tough when a guy cant stand out in college, his chances of doing it in the pros arent going to be very good. He is a sold player, but nothing jumps out. HE isnt great at anything. Typical rotation guy. That just doenst excite me.

Niche players don't usually excite me either. Except a Beasley, gotta pull for family. (Well not really, way too short to be part of my clan, but I claimed him!)

That's what he'll be unless he turns out like Brady, you never know. But not likely...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't see him as a DE at all. He just doesn't have the speed to threaten the outside, so NFL tackles can just sit down on his bull rush and inside moves.

I think he has some pass rushing potential at 3T... strong, quick first step, and knows how to get skinny. 6'5" 270 is a terrible build for a tackle though. On run plays, he is giving up 40-50 pounds in the wrestling match and doesn't have good leverage.

He is the spitting image of Crawford IMO... Crawford had a long and successful career as a 3rd round tweener, but we drafted another tweener in the same round and reached big time for Golston. I guess we make the two compete in a Crawford-off for snaps or something.

Either way, I would have picked only one of the two and packaged a 2+3 to get a 2nd round safety. I am chugging Kelvin Joseph haterade and you can't tell me that guy wasn't a panic pick... so we basically blew our 2nd rounder to get two DE/DT tweeners in the 3rd. Not ideal.