"Good RBs make the Oline look good & not the reverse"

RunDMC

Reaction score
Thats true, what I should have said it was laughable about Murray running behind a terrible OL

The offensive line was amongst the worst in football in Murray's first two years.

Then what happened. They improved and Murray only missed one game over the next two seasons.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The offensive line was amongst the worst in football in Murray's first two years.

Then what happened. They improved and Murray only missed one game over the next two seasons.

They also started focusing more on the ground & pound play while adding a "lead fb" to the mix. Do you think that perhaps that scheme adjustment may have played a part in Murray's health? Or was it just the oline?

I know the answer & I know you do too..lol

RunDMC

Reaction score
They also started focusing more on the ground & pound play while adding a "lead fb" to the mix. Do you think that perhaps that scheme adjustment may have played a part in Murray's health? Or was it just the oline?

I know the answer & I know you do too..lol

It was both.

Doomsay

Reaction score
It's both the OL and RB, the team didn't do enough so far to keep the latter ingredient consistent with the former this year. Maybe CM will even out the formula.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No...they're too good and too professional for that.

Like I said, outside of closed doors. Absolutely.

If they're talking amongst friends behind closed doors, you might get some 47% comments with regard to what it means to block for scatbacks.

alohawg

Reaction score
Amazing what Murray is doing for that Eagles o-line this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But he already had a decent OL.

He averaged more yards per attempt behind the worse line in football as a rookie then he did last year behind 3 All Pro's. Probably would have gotten 1,300 yards behind Phil Costa, Bernie and Nate Livings had he played 16 games

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
So that "running back makes an OL good" comment only applies to the Cowboys? .. or is it just when it fits an opinion?
It applies universally (IMO) but I immediately thought of our situation when his comments were discussed.

It doesn't matter who you put in front of Julius Jones post Parcells entrance. He's running into someone's butt.

Zman5

Reaction score
Name all the running backs who had really good years behind bad offensive lines.... I'll wait.

Barry Sanders.

Even Emmitt Smith had good years during the Campo years when the whole team was bad including the OL and the QB.