"Good RBs make the Oline look good & not the reverse"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
So that "running back makes an OL good" comment only applies to the Cowboys? .. or is it just when it fits an opinion?

I also don't believe in the "rbs are a dime a dozen" slant at all... So I'm sure that plays a part here as well.

alohawg

Reaction score
Yeah. You don't get it. System not oline.

Talent matters regardless of system, I get it just fine, just disagree. Barry Sanders, as noted above, was the exception, and would have excelled in any system and with any mediocre line. Murray, like most all backs, needs a hole. Better players in any system make better holes. Whatever system, Dallas has better players than Philly.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Talent matters in any

Talent matters regardless of system, I get it just fine, just disagree. Barry Sanders, as noted above, was the exception, and would have excelled in any system and with any mediocre line. Murray, like most all backs, needs a hole. Better players in any system make better holes. Whatever system, Dallas has better players than Philly.

Do I need to google the definitions of system & scheme vs oline? I'll gladly do that for you.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whats the point of this thread?

That our backs cant produce because of the OL sucks
Or
That our backs cant produce in spite of having a good OL?

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Remember they said this week it doesn't matter if the QB scrambles or sits back there and makes a sandwich ...still blocking the same way. Same concept.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Whats the point of this thread?

That our backs cant produce because of the OL sucks
Or
That our backs cant produce in spite of having a good OL?

Actually neither. It's that our oline's psyche (and their perceive lack of performance thus far) is a direct reflection of the success that's being had behind them on the ground.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The point, OP man love for Murray.

Actually, it's my love for a great ground game that moves the chains, eats clock, and defeats opposing defenses. We had it last year and now we don't. I believe it is a crucial part of our offensive potential for success. How do we get it back? Again, I think Christine Michael will give us our best chance to get back to that.