"Good RBs make the Oline look good & not the reverse"

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Absolutely idiotic. This game is about the trenches. If you have been watching for this long and still haven't figured that out... then you're wasting your time.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This really isn't a debate. The OP isn't even controversial, it's pure rubbish. This is just a propaganda ploy to gain favorability to put CMike in the game. CMike will only see time on the field when the coaching staff agree it is time for it to happen and not a moment earlier. Murray is a disaster this year so whoever thought he was a good or even just decent RB without a good O-line can stop propagating that nonsense right now.

Thanks for stopping by.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
So what exactly is it? A team needs a really good OL, a really good RB and it still only works in the right system catered to the RB? No wonder teams are going pass heavy as difficult as it is to run the ball.:rolleyes:

And for those claiming the OL isn't blocking good because they aren't blocking for Murray, you've lost it. They aren't missing blocks, committing penalties and having other mental lapses because it's Randle and not Murray running the ball. And if by some miniscule chance they aren't doing their job because of the RB behind them, then they need to pull their heads out of their rectum and worry about their own frickin job.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
So what exactly is it? A team needs a really good OL, a really good RB and it still only works in the right system catered to the RB? No wonder teams are going pass heavy as difficult as it is to run the ball.:rolleyes:

And for those claiming the OL isn't blocking good because they aren't blocking for Murray, you've lost it. They aren't missing blocks, committing penalties and having other mental lapses because it's Randle and not Murray running the ball. And if by some miniscule chance they aren't doing their job because of the RB behind them, then they need to pull their heads out of their rectum and worry about their own frickin job.

Just so it's crystal clear, my point was never that the oline isn't blocking well bc it's not blocking for Murray. My point is that the oline is underwhelmed by the lack of productivity in the ground game behind them. They need something inspirational and Michael very well may be it. We need to get back to our ground, pound, & defeat style of offense. History has proven that pass first does NOT work in big D.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Name all the running backs who had really good years behind bad offensive lines.... I'll wait.

Emmitt Smith. In his prime, He made his OL (no matter who lined up) LEGENDARY. No other RB running behind that Great Wall was successful. That was a great OL, in all it's incarnations, but it was able to achieve greatness because an all-decade HOF talent like Emmitt Smith at RB.

Ask Emmitt's OL, many have stated clearly and often that Emmitt was special and before he arrived, they were just a bunch of cast offs.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Laughable? Murray was always productive. The only thing that stopped him from being an elite back was injuries. The guy had a phenomenal rookie season and wasn't even the starter till mid season before breaking his ankle. In 2013 he was every bit as good as last year just didn't get as many attempts.

K

StevenOtero

Reaction score
For those of you saying that Murray wasn't productive until last year. You need to get your vision checked.

I can think of a few games in 2013 where he was averaging over 5 ypc and 'we' stopped running the ball.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Again, put something inspirational behind that offensive line and they will find another gear that they have yet to hit this year. Help Randle & Mcfadden. The clearly need it. If we can't rely on our running game (our bread & butter/recipe for success last year) we are destined for yet another 8-8 campaign filled with dashed hopes & hollow dreams.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Just so it's crystal clear, my point was never that the oline isn't blocking well bc it's not blocking for Murray. My point is that the oline is underwhelmed by the lack of productivity in the ground game behind them. They need something inspirational and Michael very well may be it. We need to get back to our ground, pound, & defeat style of offense. History has proven that pass first does NOT work in big D.

They need to be inspired to do their jobs? You're joking right? If you wanted to argue a chemistry issue between RB and OL so far I could understand, but inspired? They've been ahead the last 2 games nearly the entire game and somehow the RB is at fault for not inspiring them to be good. And WTH has Michael ever done in the NFL to inspire them to play better? If thats the problem heres an idea. How about they do their damn jobs first and foremost and see if maybe Randle or DMC can be inspirational enough for them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
For those of you saying that Murray wasn't productive until last year. You need to get your vision checked.

I can think of a few games in 2013 where he was averaging over 5 ypc and 'we' stopped running the ball.

Correct. I was not like he just suddenly exploded for 1800 yards after doing nothing.

All this revisionist garbage about him not being productive is laughable.

He took a huge step forward last year because Garrett and Co. actually trusted the run.

Now, they look like they no longer do and are willing to substitute a short passing game. It could easily be a result of who exactly is running the ball.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They need to be inspired to do their jobs? You're joking right? If you wanted to argue a chemistry issue between RB and OL so far I could understand, but inspired? They've been ahead the last 2 games nearly the entire game and somehow the RB is at fault for not inspiring them to be good. And WTH has Michael ever done in the NFL to inspire them to play better? If thats the problem heres an idea. How about they do their damn jobs first and foremost and see if maybe Randle or DMC can be inspirational enough for them.

Do you perform better in your job when inspired? Are you never inspired at work? Work would suck without some form of inspiration. It could be as simple as the multiple zeroes on the end of that check. But inspiration is normally there in some way shape or form.