"Good RBs make the Oline look good & not the reverse"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Correct. I was not like he just suddenly exploded for 1800 yards after doing nothing.

All this revisionist garbage about him not being productive is laughable.

He took a huge step forward last year because Garrett and Co. actually trusted the run.

Now, they look like they no longer do and are willing to substitute a short passing game. It could easily be a result of who exactly is running the ball.

No one really wants to face the reality of the issue but they'll stop by just to tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. It's really quite amusing.

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't care if the offensive line makes the RB or vise vera.
Just give me an elite RB

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No one really wants to face the reality of the issue

That is exactly what happens around here, en masse, when something is painful.

Huge waves of denial. And then laughing at Murray in a completely different circumstance.

If he would return to Dallas, at Randle's salary, anyone saying they would not take that is a bold-faced liar.

Because if they say that, they felt Randle should have started over him last year and I am pretty confident that nobody, not even some member of the lunatic fringe, ever suggested that.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Do you perform better in your job when inspired? Are you never inspired at work? Work would suck without some form of inspiration. It could be as simple as the multiple zeroes on the end of that check. But inspiration is normally there in some way shape or form.

No, because I try to perform to the best of my ability and don't need some Daniel Ruettiger moment to do that. I also don't play professional sports for a living. If trying win isn't inspirational enough for them, then they can see themselves out. The idea that the OL needs some great RB to inspire them is dumb.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, it is both.

I don't think a really good OL can look "great" without a good runner.

Also, I don't think a really good back can look "great" without a good OL.

It takes both for the line/back to look special.

This.

I also think that after last year's success..

the defensive coordinators have focused on what we were doing and changed what they were doing to try to slow us down.

But whether you want to say OL or RB is more important..

what we were doing was a balanced attack with Dez, Romo and Murray.

The old 3 headed monster..the Tripletts.

All 3 are gone..

that's going to be hard to re-acquire at this point no matter how you want it to improve.

I think most of us are whistling in the graveyard right now.

I don't like it but with all the injuries..

if we get anymore we need to start figuring how to get a top-3 draft pick in order to draft either a RB or QB to look at rebuilding those positions.

Not a pretty thought but I do not want to end up with another 8-8 season and not be low enough in the draft to get real help.

Sort of how I see it. We will know alot more by Thanksgiving.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I don't care if the offensive line makes the RB or vise vera.
Just give me an elite RB

This is honestly a fair statement to make. If people aren't happy about not having a stud RB, then just outright say it and stop with the BS.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I will just put the off season board phrase here:

Anyone can run behind this line.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
if we get anymore we need to start figuring how to get a top-3 draft pick in order to draft either a RB or QB to look at rebuilding those positions.

Not a pretty thought but I do not want to end up with another 8-8 season and not be low enough in the draft to get real help.

Sort of how I see it. We will know alot more by Thanksgiving.
we don't need a top tier RB. We do just fine with our below avg scatbacks. Hey. Shooting for 8-8 isn't such a bad thing. You're just decent enough to remain in perpetual denial.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I believe the relationship between a RB and his o-line is a partnership. One can either drag the other one down or cause the other to look better. It's really a mutually inclusive effort any way you slice it. Ideally, it's what team members can and should strive to do for one another. If I'm not mistaken, I think that why they call it teamwork.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This is honestly a fair statement to make. If people aren't happy about not having a stud RB, then just outright say it and stop with the BS.

I'm not happy that our coaches don't have enough confidence in our running game to go to it in clutch situations. I'm not happy that we keep putting our defense back on the field before they've had an opportunity to blink. I'm not happy that we aren't lining up and punching anyone in their collective mouths for a sustainable period of time.