Goodbye all (long)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1261478 said:
Agreed.

I want to know who castrated our fan base, this whiny garbage is embarrasing.

I have to agree.

You have to be a fan through thick and thin.

What I dont get is why would he bail on parcells and not on campo?

This is our team. Days like yesterday and today are very tough to take, we just have to take our lumps and move on.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;1261484 said:
Thats the problem. Who are you, or anyone else around here, to determine what "stupid" is. Peoples feelings aren't stupid.

Feelings? FEELINGS? There are no FEELINGS in football. This isnt Dr. Phil.

People are acting like the Cowboys have never played a bad game or got blown out before. Its rediculous.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1261478 said:
Agreed.

I want to know who castrated our fan base, this whiny garbage is embarrasing.

:laugh2:

Parcells did, with his vanilla play calling. Johnsons has been trying to show him what a ballsy defense looks like the past few years, but the balls part keeps getting lost in translation.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1261490 said:
Feelings? FEELINGS? There are no FEELINGS in football. This isnt Dr. Phil.

People are acting like the Cowboys have never played a bad game or got blown out before. Its rediculous.

Way to go tough guy. Flex those internet muscles. When I grow up I wanna be tough like you.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;1261484 said:
Thats the problem. Who are you, or anyone else around here, to determine what "stupid" is. Peoples feelings aren't stupid.
When nearly everyone is jumping on you about something you said, it probably means you said something stupid. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My initial reaction was...

LINK

I honestly hate these long winded the cowboys stink and I just can not take them any longer type of posts only to see people come back a few weeks later or the next season, whether it be under their current username or another.

But for those that say it and actually do it, I have respect for because they keep their word.

The problem I see is people get upset over a game or season and don't calm down long enough to let that stage pass. But once that stage passes they realize they over reacted and come back.

But in the end if someone is constantly finding themselves in a state of misery because of a game, if they just can not handle it any longer, than maybe it is a good thing if they give it up and never go back.

Best of luck to you, can't say I care for the drama of the post or the idea someone would just give up on the team they say they love, but to each his own and take care.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1261329 said:
To all fellow zoners:

I bid you all goodbye. Let me first state that my frustration is not with this forum, but rather with the Dallas Cowboys themselves...and the emotional penalty I've paid over the past 4 seasons with Parcells as the head coach. I am officially turning in my Cowboys jersey, collectibles, and anything that symbolizes the Dallas Cowboys. As a fan of 25 years, this is very difficult for me. This team ripped my heart out last night, and I simply cannot continue to watch them. Aside from the star and Texas Stadium, they don't symbolize the Dallas Cowboys that I grew up watching.

I suppose that I can extend my frustration to the NFL in general. Long gone are the days of the powerhouse teams that can just plow their ways to the Super Bowl. I had never even heard of the words "Any Given Sunday" in the football context until about 4 years ago. Those words simply mean that any crappy team can come in and beat you. Is this supposed to make me feel better about the NFL and the watered down product on the field? Should playing fantasy football (a game which I do not play out of loyalty to the star) make me feel better? Why does it seem that parity has served well for every team at one time or another except for the Cowboys in recent history? After years of watching this franchise tumble to the status of "Cincinnati Bengals South", I have chosen to pull the plug on my loyalty to the Cowboys and the NFL.

As far as Parcells goes, he simply overanalyzes everything, and the game has simply passed him by. Case in point is the New Orleans Saints and Sean Payton. They are winning with a bunch of castoffs who couldn't fit our so-called powerhouse of a team. We let Fujita and Shanle go, only to keep a couple of slow guys that can't seem to get their assignments right no matter how many times they get burned...and a first rounder that is finally seeing the field at the LB position.

This is the difference between Parcells and other coaches. Other coaches field their best players based on performance. Parcells won't field them until he has performed full psychoanalysis. Case in point: Why hasn't Parrish seen the field at the safety position? Is he still undergoing psychoanalysis?

To those of you that blame Zimmer, you need to perform a reality check. Zimmer is running a defensive scheme that was shoved down his throat by Parcells. Parcells "bought his groceries" and tinkered with the #1 defense in the NFL to build this juggernaut that we have today. If Parcells wasn't happy with Zimmer, wouldn't you think he would have done something about it by now?

He who buys the groceries and cooks the meal must taste what he has cooked before serving the guests. Apparently, Parcells has slipped us all a bad meal made of spoiled groceries, and he is laughing all the way to the bank. He got his defense, with his personnel, and they stink. He must shoulder this blame with all the early round picks spent on the defense in recent years. No excuses whatsoever. Zimmer does not have a say in who gets drafted and who doesn't. The blame for the defense goes straight to Parcells.

I've also heard some disturbing things about Parcells and pre-draft visits with college prospects. Chris Cooley even mentioned that he met with Parcells before he was drafted, and Parcells stated that he had no shot to play in the NFL. Who the frick is Parcells to make such a call?

I bid the forum a question as I make my exit: All the talk is about whether or not Parcells will return next year. The question is, does Jerry Jones WANT him to return next year?

The cheese has been aging for 4 years now. You would think that Cowboy fans finally deserve a bite.

Goodbye to all and keep your heads up.

SEE YA........LOSER

A REAL FAN ROOTS FOR THE TEAM WHEN THINGS ARE NOT GOING WELL, I ROOTED FOR THE TEAM IN 89 WHEN WE WERE 1-15 AND I WILL CONTINUE TO ROOT FOR THE TEAM NOW. BEAST SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON TICKETS LAST NIGHT, BUT I STILL HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE STADIUM.

WE ARE STILL GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS, SURE IT WOULD BE GREAT TO BE 16-0, BUT WE COULD BE THE BROWNS OR CARDS. SEATTLE HAS LOST 3 GAMES IN A ROW, SO IT IS NOT LIKE WE DONT HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST THEM.

BEAST HATES BANDWAGON FANS. :mad: