Goodell a great Commish for the times

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just proud we found someone to hate on besides Prescott, Elliott and Smith. And we kept it in the football family.

Goodell doesn't bother me, if it wasn't him, it would be another lawyer and they've got one waiting in the wings. The Commissioner's job is to max out the revenue for the owners, protect the shield and get booed at the draft. He gets 44M a year to take the heat and he doesn't seem to shy away from it.

I wouldn't expect Cowboys fans to like the man, he's been spanking our players a lot. And he's had to make some judgment calls that sent some ranting but that #1 job is to protect that shield and that's not been easy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hating Goodell is like hating the HR Director for enforcing a company policy which the owners implemented .

Goodell is the owners Hatchet man. Their Buffer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Disagree.....went from players hating him to coddling complainers and people disrespecting the flag. He’s a puppet. Needs to go.
Yes, he’s a puppet for the owners. And the owners recently rewarded him for his efforts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am just proud we found someone to hate on besides Prescott, Elliott and Smith. And we kept it in the football family.

Goodell doesn't bother me, if it wasn't him, it would be another lawyer and they've got one waiting in the wings. The Commissioner's job is to max out the revenue for the owners, protect the shield and get booed at the draft. He gets 44M a year to take the heat and he doesn't seem to shy away from it.

I wouldn't expect Cowboys fans to like the man, he's been spanking our players a lot. And he's had to make some judgment calls that sent some ranting but that #1 job is to protect that shield and that's not been easy.
Yep

And he embraces the booing like no other we’ve seen before in which he rises above in remarkable fashion.

My hunch is history is going to be very favorable on his tenure during this era in NFL.

leeblair

Reaction score
Goodell deserves much credit for not only steering the league thru this seasons pandemic but really the most difficult era Id argue in NFL history as it continue to transcend with the times including all of the issues it’s confronted with in society.

I know he’s received criticism for his disciplinary actions of players but that’s a critical part of the success he’s been able to achieve overcoming theses social unrest the league and its players have encountered which has divided some of our fans as they have walked away as a result.

But he’s stayed the course protecting the Iconic label and its owners interest. And every decision in the long run appears the right decision for the league.

But the way he handled this pandemic with strict guidelines fining HC’s for not wearing mask initially and the protocols to avoid not cancelling any games which no other league can claim is truly remarkable.

He’s going to be an early lock for HOF. And history is going to reflect generously on him perhaps before he’s done surpassing Rozelle as greatest Commish ever.

Yea, I said it here first.
Goodell is a big reason the NFL isn't as good as it once was.
He is the worst commissioner in league history, in my opinion.
But, to each his own, I guess.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Goodell is a big reason the NFL isn't as good as it once was.
He is the worst commissioner in league history, in my opinion.
But, to each his own, I guess.
The owners would disagree with you.

Possibly and more likely we have the worst and greediest owners in NFL history which Goodell represents.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Possibly and more likely we have the worst and greediest owners in NFL history which Goodell represents.

Not with you on that one. Greedy? They give the players way more than they deserve. Personally, I would love to see the owners put them in their place. Players at this point are way over paid and act like a bunch of spoiled babies that arent appreciated.

And after the owners dealing with Covid and a season with no fans in the stands they should be well suited for dealing with a possible stoppage of play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not with you on that one. Greedy? They give the players way more than they deserve. Personally, I would love to see the owners put them in their place. Players at this point are way over paid and act like a bunch of spoiled babies that arent appreciated.

And after the owners dealing with Covid and a season with no fans in the stands they should be well suited for dealing with a possible stoppage of play.
And why don’t you think they will put them in their place. Because they can afford it.

I recall when the owners couldn’t afford to overpay players and they didn’t.

It’s all driven by the revenue. If the revenue decreases over time , so will players salaries. Unless you just want the owners and networks to retain more of the revenue?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And why don’t you think they will put them in their place. Because they can afford it.

I recall when the owners couldn’t afford to overpay players and they didn’t.

It’s all driven by the revenue. If the revenue decreases over time , so will players salaries. Unless you just want the owners and networks to retain more of the revenue?

Have you ever been in business for yourself? Risked everything every day, put your life's work into something and prospered?

You talk like a guy that thinks rich people just got lucky.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yep

And he embraces the booing like no other we’ve seen before in which he rises above in remarkable fashion.

My hunch is history is going to be very favorable on his tenure during this era in NFL.
Just a hunch, and maybe Im a bit off base, but Im willing to bet that nearly anyone could and would endure "booing" for the paycheck that man is cashing.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Just stop man, at this point, after saying that, your just embarrassing yourself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just a hunch, and maybe Im a bit off base, but Im willing to bet that nearly anyone could and would endure "booing" for the paycheck that man is cashing.
Possibly so. But I certainly can’t think of any other who do with such grace and humility.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Then you simply don’t grasp who’s pulling Goodell’s strings.
No sir, I understand exactly how it works,, do we need to digress and open up the entire history of how big money protects itself..
Might need another dedicated forum if you want to go there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Have you ever been in business for yourself? Risked everything every day, put your life's work into something and prospered?

You talk like a guy that thinks rich people just got lucky.
Yes I have.

You obviously don’t know my history. Which is surprising for someone who’s claimed to have followed me all of these years on both forum sites.

And Jethro is the only NFL owner who risked his personal wealth in buying a team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No sir, I understand exactly how it works,, do we need to digress and open up the entire history of how big money protects itself..
Might need another dedicated forum if you want to go there.
This isn’t just about big money. This is about who Goodell works for and who he represents.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Goodell deserves much credit for not only steering the league thru this seasons pandemic but really the most difficult era Id argue in NFL history as it continue to transcend with the times including all of the issues it’s confronted with in society.

I know he’s received criticism for his disciplinary actions of players but that’s a critical part of the success he’s been able to achieve overcoming theses social unrest the league and its players have encountered which has divided some of our fans as they have walked away as a result.

But he’s stayed the course protecting the Iconic label and its owners interest. And every decision in the long run appears the right decision for the league.

But the way he handled this pandemic with strict guidelines fining HC’s for not wearing mask initially and the protocols to avoid not cancelling any games which no other league can claim is truly remarkable.

He’s going to be an early lock for HOF. And history is going to reflect generously on him perhaps before he’s done surpassing Rozelle as greatest Commish ever.

Yea, I said it here first.
I'm just going to say this. To me it's obvious he's helped play his part in degrading the league. Because of this stark difference of opinion this is why things on a larger scale can never be seen eye to eye. One side critiques, the other side ignores the flaws and puts blame on everything else.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Possibly so. But I certainly can’t think of any other who do with such grace and humility.
OMG.. and that just translates to ... Oh My Gosh.. for those that prefer to be spiritually correct these days..
I will end this conversation with you now because you are either having a really bad day, or you just simply went nuts.. which is understandable, I wish you the best.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Goodell is the owners' stooge. If you want to blame Goodell, blame his bosses for him being there. He's doing their bidding.
this may be true, but if that is strictly the case then Goodell either represents poor morals or is a spineless coward. Either way he gets no praise.