Twitter: Goodell is taking over NFL Twitter today... #AskCommish anything

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it still going on? How long will the Twitterfixion last? He's been on the hot seat for a few hours. Someone should consider flipping him over already. His backside should be well-done by now.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it still going on? How long will the Twitterfixion last? He's been on the hot seat for a few hours. Someone should consider flipping him over already. His backside should be well-done by now.

Oh it's been over, DE. I think it was a 30 min-1hr deal. There are a couple of article recaps out there, I just haven't posted any.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh it's been over, DE. I think it was a 30 min-1hr deal. There are a couple of article recaps out there, I just haven't posted any.
I'll bet he's breathing a sigh of relief right now. I wonder if he ever responded to Senator Reid's question?

pgreptom

Reaction score
The internet is full of nothing but trolls. People who would never say 99% of the stuff they post online. NYPD got burnt really bad. I just searched twitter for the hashtag and some of the questions are downright embarrassing. Not sure what he was thinking... as if he doesn't know he's not well liked.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Honestly, you guys... Just for the entertainment value alone, you don't want to miss this..

https://twitter.com/search?q=#AskCommish&src=hash

some of my favorites:
Jacob ‏@ohholybutt 4h
#AskCommish what are you going to do when Michael Sam tries to kiss you

NFL ‏@nfl 3h
"@RealSlimGrady93: Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck OR 100 duck-sized horses? #askcommish"

Steve U ‏@Steve_U_DS 3h
If you were stranded on a deserted island, with only one book to keep you company, wouldn't that be better for everyone? #AskCommish

Lindsey ‏@Lahlahlindsey 3h
please explain why the chargers logo looks like your haircut #AskCommish pic.twitter.com/XewuYbBDO7

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Did anyone ask him why he is so intent on watering down the market?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
He didn't answer my question. Jerk.

He's probably not even reading them. Probably has a team of little brown nosing pukes picking out the questions he might answer and then responding.

My oh my how things change. If memory serves me right, you sang the praises of Goodell during the Saints bounty gate.

DuDa

Reaction score
some of my favorites:
Jacob ‏@ohholybutt 4h
#AskCommish what are you going to do when Michael Sam tries to kiss you

NFL ‏@nfl 3h
"@RealSlimGrady93: Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck OR 100 duck-sized horses? #askcommish"

Steve U ‏@Steve_U_DS 3h
If you were stranded on a deserted island, with only one book to keep you company, wouldn't that be better for everyone? #AskCommish

Lindsey ‏@Lahlahlindsey 3h
please explain why the chargers logo looks like your haircut #AskCommish pic.twitter.com/XewuYbBDO7

These are some of the funniest questions I have ever read. Really good stuff.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
My oh my how things change. If memory serves me right, you sang the praises of Goodell during the Saints bounty gate.

I wasn't actually upset and meant for it to be come across in a joking manner. Also kind of hinting at the fact that all the people on Twitter who are trying to antagonize him are likely just wasting their time because there's absolutely no way he can field that many tweets and he's probably just getting fed the softball questions from a group of people monitoring the feed.

I will admit, I didn't really put a lot of giveaways in that post but I also thought it would go relatively unnoticed. I also didn't anticipate someone would pull my posting history over having thrown out just the word "jerk" so props to you for keeping on my toes.

As for your question, I don't remember if my stance would fall under the "singing praises" category. I can't imagine I was critical of his decision because I think the guy has done what his job entails by being the voice of the owners. The players (Witten specifically met with him, IIRC) asked him to clean up the league and I think he's done some good things in that area.

Were there people not happy with how he handled that? I honestly can't remember but your post kind of implies that was a widespread opinion. Beyond suspending Payton and Gregg Williams and a couple of players for certain amounts of time I don't recall what all he did to punish them.