Twitter: Goodell is taking over NFL Twitter today... #AskCommish anything

burmafrd

Reaction score
I wasn't actually upset and meant for it to be come across in a joking manner. Also kind of hinting at the fact that all the people on Twitter who are trying to antagonize him are likely just wasting their time because there's absolutely no way he can field that many tweets and he's probably just getting fed the softball questions from a group of people monitoring the feed.

I will admit, I didn't really put a lot of giveaways in that post but I also thought it would go relatively unnoticed. I also didn't anticipate someone would pull my posting history over having thrown out just the word "jerk" so props to you for keeping on my toes.

As for your question, I don't remember if my stance would fall under the "singing praises" category. I can't imagine I was critical of his decision because I think the guy has done what his job entails by being the voice of the owners. The players (Witten specifically met with him, IIRC) asked him to clean up the league and I think he's done some good things in that area.

Were there people not happy with how he handled that? I honestly can't remember but your post kind of implies that was a widespread opinion. Beyond suspending Payton and Gregg Williams and a couple of players for certain amounts of time I don't recall what all he did to punish them.

Goodell does EXACTLY what the owners want him to do; idiots blaming him are dumber than a box of rocks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, sure Jerry & Synder wanted to lose their respective cap space.
I would not be shocked if there was collusion between the other owners and Mara. If true, there would not have been anything Goodell could have done to prevent CapGate--except resign perhaps.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So..kind of a puppet factor huh? That's always a sign of strength
All commissioners, regardless of sport, can only exert as much power and influence as the owners and league rules allow them. Goodell is not an exception.