Goodell Screwed Everson Walls

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had beaten the Steelers in both, or at least one, of the SBs in the 1970's, there would be several more Cowboys players in the HOF. Players from winning teams get remembered, not losing teams, except in limited circumstances.

Just the way it is...

timb2

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had beaten the Steelers in both, or at least one, of the SBs in the 1970's, there would be several more Cowboys players in the HOF. Players from winning teams get remembered, not losing teams, except in limited circumstances.

Just the way it is...
Others like Herb Scott & Pat Donavan were constantly in the Pro Bowl... Too Tall Jones should be included also.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Others like Herb Scott & Pat Donavan were constantly in the Pro Bowl... Too Tall Jones should be included also.

Scott was a 3 time Pro Bowler, Donovan 4 times. That's pretty good, but typically it takes more like 6 or more Pro Bowls for an offensive lineman to make the HOF. Too Tall made 3 Pro Bowls also, again, not that many.

What hurts all 3 of these guys is, again, the two losses to the Steelers in the 70's SB. The fact that Too Tall left the Cowboys to box also hurts him. It's viewed as not being that serious about football. Same for Cliff Harris, who left to go into the oil field business. Neither is a fair criticism, players in that era didn't make huge salaries as NFL players and many had off-season jobs as well.

Whether that's nit-picking by the HOF voters, nobody knows, but it's a very real possibility...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Many Cowboys need to be in the HOF.

Harvey Martin was a Superbowl Co-MVP.He also holds the unofficial sack record in a season with 23 1/2 sacks.made the 70's All Decade Team.Martin has more total sacks than Fred Dean who is in the HOF.

Cliff Harris All Decade team.Both him & Martin from the 70's All Decade Team only 2 who are not in the HOF.

Drew Pearson.Every highlight of Staubach,Danny White,Clint Longley. Drew Pearson was catching the winning TD.

Darren Woodson has 3 Superbowls and yet Brian Dawkins gets in???
EXACTLY!!!! Front and center you see what I'm talkin about. Brian Dawkins never won anything and IMO..I thought part of the criteria was reaching that pinnacle in ones career,which is a TITLE. The NFL is littered with Cowboy after cowboy that played at a high level for long stretches. Walls,and the others you mentioned should be in the HOF. To me the voting has the taint of Goodell all over it. At least we should have 3 more in the hall. Drew,Everson, and Harvey. Somethings the matter when Robert Brazile gets in before Everson and Pearson,Martin.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lord..Ed Too Tall Jones is another who was a stud who played for something like 15 years. Has many super bowl appearances and 1 Title. The Cowboys had the 'who's who" of all time defenses in the 70's. For Drew not to be in Hall is a travesty. He was Mr. Clutch.

cowboyec

Reaction score
•Chuck Howley
•Lee Roy Jordan
•Ed "too tall" Jones
•Everson Walls

•Don Meredith
•Don Perkins
•Ralph Neely
•Drew Pearson

4 on defense.
4 on offense.
none in Canton.....but Robert Brazile made it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ralph Neely.
consider:
4x all-pro
2x pro-bowl
2x Super Bowl Champ
all-decade 60's

John Niland.
consider:
6x pro bowl
3x all pro
SB Champ
1 of only 4 OL in team history to make 6 pro-bowls.

they'll get in on veterans committee...just gonna take awhile.

Rayman70

Reaction score
•Chuck Howley
•Lee Roy Jordan
•Ed "too tall" Jones
•Everson Walls

•Don Meredith
•Don Perkins
•Ralph Neely
•Drew Pearson

4 on defense.
4 on offense.
none in Canton.....but Robert Brazile made it.
Strange occurrence eh? A slew of worthy Cowboys with oodles of star power and a resume to boot,yet Robert Brazile...shakin my head.

cml750

Reaction score
I don't know what's wrong with you people defending Roger the Clown. Anytime there is an excuse to blame the clown for something, you run with it. My grandma fell and broke her hip the other day. I visited her in the hospital and asked her what happen. Her response... "it's that weasel Roger Goodell's fault." Even grandma understands this universal truth, no matter what it is that is wrong, it's Goodell's fault.
Yep sounds good to me. I now blame Goodell for having to get a root canal tomorrow. :omg:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Scott was a 3 time Pro Bowler, Donovan 4 times. That's pretty good, but typically it takes more like 6 or more Pro Bowls for an offensive lineman to make the HOF. Too Tall made 3 Pro Bowls also, again, not that many.

What hurts all 3 of these guys is, again, the two losses to the Steelers in the 70's SB. The fact that Too Tall left the Cowboys to box also hurts him. It's viewed as not being that serious about football. Same for Cliff Harris, who left to go into the oil field business. Neither is a fair criticism, players in that era didn't make huge salaries as NFL players and many had off-season jobs as well.

Whether that's nit-picking by the HOF voters, nobody knows, but it's a very real possibility...
at the very least they belong in the Ring of Honor.
My argument for Too Tall...he revolutionized the game with the art of pass deflections....Joe Theismann talked about having to game plan around it...he took passing lanes away.
It drives me crazy our guys...especially Irving...dont do it more...Crawford does....I hope Taco will.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I've never seen such a crybaby bunch of fans in my life. Everybody is agaisnt us, oh woe is us, lol. Some of you guys make the Kennedy conspiracy theories look like child's play. Do you know the arrogance it takes to think YOU are everyone's obsession? Dude, nobody cares.

Uh...isn't this crying also?

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Every time this comes up I always say the same thing. How can we complain about guys like Everson, Harvey, Too Tall, and the list goes on and on of Cowboys deserving, when their own team won’t even recognize them? Harvey and Drew one of only a few of the players on the all decade team of the 70’s not in the HOF. How many decades did it take Drew to get in the ROH? Harvey still isn’t there. It took Bob Hayes dying to finally get in. I understand wanting the ROH ultra exclusive but until the Cowboys start honoring their own it’s hard for me to complain although I probably still will. Now Chuck Howley is a different story, it is criminal he is not in the HOF :mad:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Every time this comes up I always say the same thing. How can we complain about guys like Everson, Harvey, Too Tall, and the list goes on and on of Cowboys deserving, when their own team won’t even recognize them? Harvey and Drew one of only a few of the players on the all decade team of the 70’s not in the HOF. How many decades did it take Drew to get in the ROH? Harvey still isn’t there. It took Bob Hayes dying to finally get in. I understand wanting the ROH ultra exclusive but until the Cowboys start honoring their own it’s hard for me to complain although I probably still will. Now Chuck Howley is a different story, it is criminal he is not in the HOF :mad:
AMEN.
HOWLEY AND LEE ROY BELONG IN CANTON.

Xelda

Reaction score
With all the greats that have played for the Dallas Cowboys, why isn't there a museum in the Dallas/Fort Worth area devoted to honoring our own? If Canton can't hold our star power, leave them to their own devices. Everything is bigger in Texas and we'll need that space for all the players that deserve recognition as Dallas Cowboys.

By the way, do we have Cowboy fans stirring the Eagles pot or do they just come here to aggravate and annoy? If we'd just won the Super Bowl, I'd be all capping it right here with fellow fans. Oh, loved the Giants commercial with Eli and Odell! So glad it wasn't Dak and Dez, then it would have been embarrassing. I never want to see our OL as back up dancers.

GMO415

Reaction score
PREACH!
The original 88 is thee fricken starter on the 70s ALL DECADE TEAM.....Hello!

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Everson has a SB ring and was a key cog with the Giants. Brazile has no SB appearance or ring. So the all decade teams are the gold standard? Hmm...thats suspicious.
Since he was also a Giant and won a superbowl with them, why didn't Goodell's puppet master (Mara) pull his strings and get him in the HOF??? Maybe because the football writers have complete control over the process.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Isnt the best Honor and litmus test of HOF caliber players actually winning? Like a SB for example? Or like playing for 15 years like Walls did(longevity)? He was good for a very long time. Its an injustice,no other way you can spin it.
It is also not called the Hall of Very Good and longevity should have nothing to do with whether or not somebody is a HOF player.

That said, I do agree that Walls should be in, but I don't have a vote so I won't get too upset about it.