Google Ads Announcement

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1628994 said:
Any site needs to either own or pay for a server to host the site. Most people pay a place to host their site as they have systems set in place for power outages and other scenarios. So that would be one bill.

Also any site that has a large number of hits a day will have a great deal of bandwidth to deal with and normally host sites will give you a limit of bandwidth included in their hosting fee but will charge you so much after it goes past that set amount.

So..you get a web site on a top level host site and you have a web site that has a great deal of hits per day, you will be paying some money to keep it up and running.

This does not even include buying the software to set up the site and continuing to pay a yearly fee so you can keep getting updates to the software.

Those are just a few things you have to pay for off the top of my head.

thanks brain..

so what you're saying is the more successful a website becomes the more it costs to run it.

i would tell dargonking what i think but you would have to ban me pretty damn quick.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lane;1629000 said:
thanks brain..

so what you're saying is the more successful a website becomes the more it costs to run it.

i would tell dargonking what i think but you would have to ban me pretty damn quick.

Yes that is the basic idea.

If it is just a site you want for your own reasons and don't think you will have many hits you could probably just use some free or cheap hosting site and maybe just pay a yearly fee.

However with a large site like this it can get expensive with the software, software updates, hosting service, bandwidth and I forgot earlier you have to pay for your sites name on a yearly basis.

So it can get pretty expensive.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
If it helps out, you can go ahead and turn on ads for zone supporters too; anything to make sure that this site stays up. I don't mind seeing ads, as long as they are not 'HGH for erectile dysfuntion'....

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1628998 said:
by no means was I trying to start a pissing match. sorry if it came out that way.

it's just amazing that Reality was/is paying for this great site out of his pocket. thanks.

I believe the pissing match trick was reffering to, was posts that were already deleted cause I seen them earlier

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;1628991 said:
Reality absorbs the lions share of the costs every month... as he has for over two years...
Actually, I have been covering the costs for about 7 years now going back to the old sites :)

And for the record, I will continue doing so even if no one donates :) Too much of a Cowboys fan to stop :D :D

-Reality

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Reality;1629015 said:
Actually, I have been covering the costs for about 7 years now going back to the old sites :)

And for the record, I will continue doing so even if no one donates :) Too much of a Cowboys fan to stop :D :D

-Reality

Are you still footing the bill for the old Mazevo site? It's still up and running, although probably disabled.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1629014 said:
I believe the pissing match trick was reffering to, was posts that were already deleted cause I seen them earlier

Oh, ok. Thanks.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1629014 said:
I believe the pissing match trick was referring to, was posts that were already deleted cause I seen them earlier

Yes it was...

It is laughable to see members going off on freedom of speech and the likes when they aren't even contributing to keep this site going...

They certainly don't have to contribute... but it is ironic...

Reality;1629015 said:

-Reality

Hey... I know Reality... I was just referring to CZ and our history here...

Many here have no idea of the old days and the old site(s)...

MrMom

Reaction score
i didn't mind the ads much...but before i had them all blocked i saw at least two "racey" ads. one advertising sexy singles, and another about some gay something or other...for a site that pimps out their family friendliness so much, i don't see how this helps...and find it hypocritical.

*edit - it was meet gay cowboys...
laugh.gif

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
MrMom;1629066 said:
Were there some deleted posts in this thread or something? Or are you just really sensitive?

There were some posts deleted here as to not fuel the fire...

I am easily the most lenient mod here... but sometimes I don't get the content here in regards to "my rights"...

I am the last person around here that would be described as overly sensitive...

If you get a warning from me in your PM's... you can be sure you crossed the line...

MrMom;1629066 said:
i didn't mind the ads much...but before i had them all blocked i saw at least two "racey" ads. one advertising sexy singles, and another about some gay something or other...for a site that pimps out their family friendliness so much, i don't see how this helps...and find it hypocritical.

laugh.gif

We don't control the rotation of ads... it is what it is...

That doesn't make us hypocritical... they change frequently...

MrMom

Reaction score
trickblue;1629076 said:
There were some posts deleted here as to not fuel the fire...

I am easily the most lenient mod here... but sometimes I don't get the content here in regards to "my rights"...

I am the last person around here that would be described as overly sensitive...

If you get a warning from me in your PM's... you can be sure you crossed the line...

yeah is saw you and bigdfan5 discussing it. i guess i shoulda finished the thread first. :eek::

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
As long as it remains a free site, put all the ads up you want.

The real money is in girly ads but I suspect they wouldn't fit the theme of this forum.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1629084 said:
As long as it remains a free site, put all the ads up you want.

The real money is in girly ads but I suspect they wouldn't fit the theme of this forum.
Exactly. We don't want those at all.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
MrMom;1629066 said:

laugh.gif

Well gays can be families and without sexy singles, there would be no continued population growth ;)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I query though given the number of posts and posters wouldn't it be better bandwidthwise to delete every thread and post that is say more than 60 days old?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
trickblue;1629028 said:
Yes it was...

It is laughable to see members going off on freedom of speech and the likes when they aren't even contributing to keep this site going...

They certainly don't have to contribute... but it is ironic...

It is very ironic they want what is provided, but dont want to help keep what they have

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1629094 said:
It is very ironic they want what is provided, but dont want to help keep what they have

I have a theory and as silly as it might be, it is that I will never pay to read or post anywhere on the internet. There are enough options that I won't do it.