Google Ads Announcement

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Reality;1629015 said:
Actually, I have been covering the costs for about 7 years now going back to the old sites :)

And for the record, I will continue doing so even if no one donates :) Too much of a Cowboys fan to stop :D :D

-Reality

I hate taking the side of an admin, especially on a message board that refuses to recognize that I was born to be a mod (LOL), but I've got your back on this one, Reality... I truly wish I could afford to contribute at least as much as would be necessary for the pleasure I derive out of hanging out here... but I'm po', so if seeing a Google ad in the middle of a thread will help keep this site afloat, I'll learn to live with the ads...

Seriously, I do appreciate the investment in both time and money you put in to give us this site... but now, it will have to be at least six months before I say anything nice to or about you... :cool:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
iceberg;1629136 said:
and the quality of the places you can post will go down.

you pay to get online? what, $20 a month? $40 for cable/dsl/fios?

you already pay just to get somewhere. why should everything be free after that?

you wanna hang out in "my first website" or the dallas news forums - great.

go for it willie.

you want a managed resources then you have to find a way to make it worth their while and to pay for it.

please tell me you're not one of those who thinks music is free cause you can download it illegally, are you?

you're a dying breed. the quicker this mentality dies off the faster the internet can advance.

people used to swear they'd never pay for electricity in their house. what was your electric bill last month?

you want value you give value. some things don't change regardless of technology.

:hammer:

I'll leave my disdain for that certain poster for another time...

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
iceberg;1629155 said:
no. i just see how things are going to "fit"

in 1980 i told my mom car manufacturers need to design after older cars and go "retro".

so few people see what's beyond their eyes. i see where things are going and why. i could be wrong, but i've not been wrong yet.

Then why didn't you tell Jerra we were going to need another WR this year?

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
I have been a member of this site and the others for along time.. What i get from this site is priceless and I could never, ever repay for all the great insight and information i have recieved.. So im making a vow... AS soon as I get a job and move out of my mothers house, pay back child support and lose all of my other habits, i will donate as much money possible every month.:lmao:

I wake up every Sunday morning and come here instead of church so maybe i should take the money i would donate at church and put it to good use...:lmao2:

Seriously its like those old commercials for the starving kids in Africa, for a few pennies a day you could help out immensly...sp... A dollar a day could go along way. I really intend on catching up... Its not fair for everyone to take and take and not give once in awhile....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jackrussell;1629254 said:
Then why didn't you tell Jerra we were going to need another WR this year?

i was too happy we took a stab at the OL.

Scotman

Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the bad ones. I don't post a lot but I read this site every single morning and come here first for the news. I know more about the Cowboys because of this site than any of the other "fans" I know. I can afford to donate and don't. Not because I'm against. I know I should. I just forget.

Reality, is it possible to set up automatic payments as a choice for donations? If I could choose that option, I would. Then I wouldn't forget. I don't know if you can track how often I visit the site and how long I'm on it. But if you could, you'd understand how important it is to me that you're able to keep it up and running.

Scot

sbark

Reaction score
Reality............does it help the bottom line to keep the ad's going on those who also have donated.........

if so feel free to do so in my isp............

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Reality;1628652 said:
I am not a big fan of advertising at all (ask Winicki) but to me, the Google ads are the least annoying ads on the internet.

Ads in the middle of threads are the 3rd most annoying ads on any forum websites. First are ads that have sound and animation etc. The second worst are the ads that float above the webpage and make you close or wait for them to go away. (Basically, I close the site and never return if they have one of these two types of ads or just outright block the ads)

I understand your situation as I work in the Internet industry. It's a problem I've always had. I never believed that clubing your customer over the head with ads is a good way to keep them happy, but then again bandwidth doesn't pay for itself either.

I would donate, but as odd as it sounds. Paypal is NOT an acceptable option for me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Reality;1629115 said:
Unfortunately, forum sites have one of the worst click-thru rates (CTR) of any websites and most high traffic forum sites have no choice but to resort to several ads including graphical ads, flash ads, popups and in-between page ads.

This is because people read forum sites because of a specific high interest subject and generally ignore everything else including wifes, husbands, and children while trolling the threads. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
trickblue;1629130 said:
No one is ever censored or given preferential treatment in regards to whether they contribute or not.

Well screw that then! ;) :p:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sbark;1630634 said:
Reality............does it help the bottom line to keep the ad's going on those who also have donated.........

if so feel free to do so in my isp............
Honestly, the ads do not help very much.

Most of the users who donated (and probably many now) donate because they appreciate CowboysZone, not to get rid of the ads. However, I know some have donated specifically for that as well.

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;1629161 said:
I hate taking the side of an admin, especially on a message board that refuses to recognize that I was born to be a mod (LOL), but I've got your back on this one, Reality... I truly wish I could afford to contribute at least as much as would be necessary for the pleasure I derive out of hanging out here... but I'm po', so if seeing a Google ad in the middle of a thread will help keep this site afloat, I'll learn to live with the ads...

Seriously, I do appreciate the investment in both time and money you put in to give us this site... but now, it will have to be at least six months before I say anything nice to or about you... :cool:
I do appreciate support in any form, SB :)

I also understand my six-month quota from you has been used up heh .. :D :D

-Reality

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Reality;1634693 said:
I do appreciate support in any form, SB :)

I also understand my six-month quota from you has been used up heh .. :D :D

-Reality

Oh, it's not just you, I have a personal policy about how many times I'll say something nice about ANYBODY on a message board...

I only make an exception for Salma Hayek... but that's just 'cause I'm sure she HAS to be a Cowboys fan, so she probably frequents these boards, and this is all part of my master plan to seduce her...

A boy's gotta have a dream, I like to keep mine simple... :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
silverbear;1634780 said:
Oh, it's not just you, I have a personal policy about how many times I'll say something nice about ANYBODY on a message board...

I only make an exception for Salma Hayek... but that's just 'cause I'm sure she HAS to be a Cowboys fan, so she probably frequents these boards, and this is all part of my master plan to seduce her...

A boy's gotta have a dream, I like to keep mine simple... :D

Do you find pregnant Salma hot? Of course you do, you are the daddy ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1634796 said:
Reality or any Mod,

Is there another way to donate as opposed to PayPal?

Yeah send it too me at:

Yeagermeister
123 Yeager Way
Yeagerville, TN 12345

:D

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1634949 said:
Yeah send it too me at:

Yeagermeister
123 Yeager Way
Yeagerville, TN 12345

:D

OK,

PAY TO THE ORDER OF: Yeagerme...HEY!!! Wait a minute!!!!:p:

And all kidding aside, is there another way? I just don't trust PayPal.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1635469 said:
OK,

PAY TO THE ORDER OF: Yeagerme...HEY!!! Wait a minute!!!!:p:

And all kidding aside, is there another way? I just don't trust PayPal.

I don't know of a way. That's up to Reality.