Twitter: Goose: Blame Jimmy Johnson for Cowboys defensive issues today

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You need at least 3 play makers on defense. One on the line, linebacker, and one safety or a shut down corner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If it weren't for Jimmy, Jerry would be another Dan Snyder...
Truer words were never spoken.

And might have been ran out of town or moved the franchise. Which would have been fine with me either way. Dallas would have received a new franchise along with a new owner.

We have basically sold our Cowboys souls for those championships with Jimmy. Been damned ever since.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He ain't lying but also I also think it's ideal getting his return on investment of Troy, Romo, and now Dak's huge contracts and surrounding them with top-level players. But not realizing/accepting your QB can just as successful with a great defense.

https://www.si.com/nfl/talkoffame/nfl/no-d-in-big-d-blame-jimm

No D in Big D? Blame Jimmy
Rick Gosselin

a day ago

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FYdCziNSoUEG66ic1hYWLlQ%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D0

Looking for someone to blame for the atrocious defensive play by the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Blame their newly-minted Hall of Fame coach Jimmy Johnson.

Almost three decades ago, Jimmy showed Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that you can play defense on the cheap and still win championships. The Triplets were showered with all the glory in 1992 when the Cowboys won their first Super Bowl of the decade. Overlooked was the fact the Cowboys led the NFL in defense that year, yet didn’t place a single defender on the Pro Bowl team.

There were no stars on that side of the ball that season. At least no Pro Bowl-level stars. Jimmy showed Jerry how it's done and it became gospel for the Cowboys owner. He has been all about offense ever since. The players that touch the football, score the points and show up on the Sunday-night highlights are the names plastered on the franchise marquee. Offensive skill rules. Defense became – and remains -- an afterthought.

Goose is a moron.

Jimmy was a genius in finding young talent, just because he could find them early and not pay them when they became stars.

And Jimmy's defenses were still top 10.

plasticman

Reaction score
We know different. We know the Cowboys had Pro Bowl talent on defense under Jimmy, they just weren't appropriately recognized

dckid

Reaction score
If it weren't for Jimmy, Jerry would be another Dan Snyder...
Yes and we would be going on 42 years without a SB. Sorry guys I did not see the 78 win against the Broncos.
I just saw the 3 year n high school.

Reactions: BAT