Gordon Rules Jr Drools

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
As the actor that played Ralph Earnhardt said.....the winner ain't always the guy with the fastest car :D

I don't care how he did it....he won and hopefully it will be the first step in championship #5 :D

It's the one that refuses to lose..

But Dale Sr also said... Looking back and knowing that you gave it your all... Win or lose, you finish a Champion - Which fits Jr's showing ... from 15th to 3rd in less than 15 laps... that was championship driving.

Who was the last Cup champion that won the Daytona in the same season???

Wasn't Jr, Waltrip, Stewart, Sr....

This race was Gordons farewell show for the cup... He won't win... Johnson will before he does.. But I honestly hope it is Mark Martin since he is retiring this year. Otherwise... Jr, Waltrip, Stewart, Kahne, Labonte... ABJG or JJ

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
It's the one that refuses to lose..

But Dale Sr also said... Looking back and knowing that you gave it your all... Win or lose, you finish a Champion - Which fits Jr's showing ... from 15th to 3rd in less than 15 laps... that was championship driving.

Who was the last Cup champion that won the Daytona in the same season???

Wasn't Jr, Waltrip, Stewart, Sr....

This race was Gordons farewell show for the cup... He won't win... Johnson will before he does.. But I honestly hope it is Mark Martin since he is retiring this year. Otherwise... Jr, Waltrip, Stewart, Kahne, Labonte... ABJG or JJ
I can't see martin winning the cup too many other better drivers out there. It would be cool for him to go out like that but it won't happen....just as long as it's not Krusty

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I can't see martin winning the cup too many other better drivers out there. It would be cool for him to go out like that but it won't happen....just as long as it's not Krusty

Oh yeah... I forgot about him

No to Krusty Walrus!!

BigWillie

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
It might have something to do with the Earnhardts revolutionizing retrictor plate racing. It was Earnhardt Sr's passion.

Funny but the only way Gordon was able to beat Jr was with help from lil Jimmy and a caution. Gordon even said that he got the win because of Johnson and the caution. That he didn't believe he coulda held Jr off.

Jr hung back for a good amount of the race and when it came time to make his move w/ twenty laps to go, he did.... he moved up 6+ spots in 3 laps and up another 5 to take the lead w/ three to go.

DEI had a rough day... Michaels engine blow and Tru's involvement in that pile up...

Junior had the car but he didn't have the luck

It's moreorless amazing that now a 3rd place finish at a restrictor plate race is now deemed a success by any Junior fan. Before, you all considered yourself God's of those races and anything less than a 1st place finish is completely unacceptable.

It's even more funny that you seem to think Gordon couldn't pass Jr. by himself. WHO CAN? Everyone who was up front blocked to the inside, so you had to make a move to the outside to have a chance. Junior was able to do it only because Tony decided to not shut the door on him when he went around, not to mention he allowed him to pick up a side draft off of him to get around him.

Heck, at the end of the race Dale Jr. came on his radio and said he would go with Tony no matter what Gordon did, but Gordon was still able to pull it off. If Junior would've stayed in line, it would've been a two horse race between he and Stewart. If Junior would've shut the door on Gordon he wouldn't have been able to get around before that caution came out. Then not only that, after the restart Junior wasn't able to hold off Kurt Busch from getting an unbelievable run going into 3 on him, but hey, whatever.

And please don't give me this stuff he waited back in the pack. He was on his radio to his crew chief a many of times throughout the whole race saying how the front end of his car was pushing and how he had to get off the gas going into turns.

/rant

Sorry, but alot of these Jr. fans come in with this 'holier than thou' attitude that just doesn't sit right with me.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BigWillie said:
It's moreorless amazing that now a 3rd place finish at a restrictor plate race is now deemed a success by any Junior fan. Before, you all considered yourself God's of those races and anything less than a 1st place finish is completely unacceptable.

It's even more funny that you seem to think Gordon couldn't pass Jr. by himself. WHO CAN? Everyone who was up front blocked to the inside, so you had to make a move to the outside to have a chance. Junior was able to do it only because Tony decided to not shut the door on him when he went around, not to mention he allowed him to pick up a side draft off of him to get around him.

Heck, at the end of the race Dale Jr. came on his radio and said he would go with Tony no matter what Gordon did, but Gordon was still able to pull it off. If Junior would've stayed in line, it would've been a two horse race between he and Stewart. If Junior would've shut the door on Gordon he wouldn't have been able to get around before that caution came out. Then not only that, after the restart Junior wasn't able to hold off Kurt Busch from getting an unbelievable run going into 3 on him, but hey, whatever.

And please don't give me this stuff he waited back in the pack. He was on his radio to his crew chief a many of times throughout the whole race saying how the front end of his car was pushing and how he had to get off the gas going into turns.

/rant

Sorry, but alot of these Jr. fans come in with this 'holier than thou' attitude that just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm not one of the "holier than thou" Jr fans. You don't know me at all. I'm a Nascar fan before anything else... I was a fan back when Sr drove the Wrangler car and D.W drove the Bud car.

Yes, I am a DEI fan, I love watching the Earnhardt legacy continue and love watching Jr..but I'm also a Waltrip, Stewart/ Labonte, Jarrett, Martin fan too.

I remember the chatter on the radio, but I also remember him getting his car back in line and saying he was going to sit back and wait his turn...

chill

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Because, without your team members you don't have as great a chance to win a restricter plate race like the Daytona 500.

Bumping, pushing, drafting and blocking.. they all play a part in the win. Without Busch and Johnson, Gordon wouldn't have won and he admits it. He as much said that Jrs car was too fast at the end

Jr nearly took the race, but of the 4 cars that were in shot of it, he was the only one that wasn't owned by the same team.... he was on his own

"Team work" is the only reason Gordon won. And it is how Jr won last year and Waltrip and Stewart in the past... teammates pushing you, blocking opponients and giving you a draft to keep your car cool and gas mileage at peak
Jr wouldn't have won last year if it weren't for stewart.

Gordon>>>>Jr