Gosselin's Final Mock Draft

jcollins28

Reaction score
DeepBleu;1472279 said:
the big fat dt from michigan falls out of the first round and amobi okoye, son of christian, goes 23 to the chiefs? wouldn't we be better off taking one of them instead of aaron ross?

Amobi is not Christian son in fact they are not even related. I asked Christian this after reading that a few months back.

Haley94

Reaction score
Gosselin is pretty connected. If he has Branch falling out of the first, then there must be bad news about him around the league.

Then again, GMs might have caught up to him and are using him as disinformation agent this year.

I'm not sold on Ross.

I have no idea how it's going to fall this year. Trades could change a lot.

Should be interesting. I'm just hoping Jerry follows his board.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1472268 said:
I'll need to be placed on suicide watch if we pick Ross

The #1 CB on the 112th worst pass defense in the nation just screams bust

Using that logic Newman must suck as well he was the #1 CB on the 24th worse pass defense in the NFL last year.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
chicago JK;1472277 said:
Does anyone know how Chicago got the 17th pick in the mock above?

Maybe he was predicting a Briggs trade, or maybe he was drunk when he wrote it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
theogt;1472291 said:
I don't think Goose is going to be too accurate this year.

I can't remember ... who did Goose have us taking last year?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday;1472308 said:
Using that logic Newman must suck as well he was the #1 CB on the 24th worse pass defense in the NFL last year.

Big difference between 24th our of 32 and 112th out of 117

xpistofer

Reaction score
chicago JK;1472277 said:
Does anyone know how Chicago got the 17th pick in the mock above?

and they take Ginn??? You kidding me?? The one team which would make no sense at all...

Edit: my bad...obviously, it should be Jax...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cbz40;1472295 said:
I have only one thing to say ...I hope Gosselin is wrong on this one.

Amen... I don't like this one at ALL...

For once, please be wrong Goose...

jdnoyes

Reaction score
it's ok guys he didn't get our picks right in 05 and 06, so there is a good chance he missed on Ross too.

BigWillie

Reaction score
I thought Goose's final mock wasn't coming out until the morning of the draft, due to people wanting to copy his draft a bit?

In any case, if Amobi falls to us, I think we almost have to take him. I would like to see how he could project as a 3-4 end early in his career.

In time, he could also project to a 3-4 NT, IMO. At 19, he still has 4-5 more years before his body will finally stop growing. So he has room for growth.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well here you go, last year in his final mock draft, Goose said this about our draft:

Dallas
Cowboys Team needs: Safety, WR, OL, Pass rusher
18 Donte Whitner S Ohio State
Comment: The Cowboys had hoped to draft a defensive front seven player, but the board has already been picked over with four outside linebackers, three ends and two tackles gone. The best defensive value on the board – and also an area of need – is safety, where Whitner could provide the Cowboys a player with ball skills.

He had Carpenter and Manny gone before our pick. In that thrend, I said maybe Goose hears that pass rushers are moving up. Then in the following post I said that I didn't believe Carpenter will get gone before we picked. Wonder what happened, lol.

With JJ at the controls, throw a dart at a dart board in the dark. BP was predictable, JJ might pick me.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Only 6 of my mock picks match his and 6 of my picks are a different player at the same position. How does everyone else compare?