Got a glowing performance review (questions about that)

Flamma

Reaction score
My ex-wife had a Grand National. Just keep the turbo from kicking in and you safe a lot of gas, but of course all the fun was kicking the turbo in!

I get on at exit 172 on the GSP. That is the last exit in NJ. During the summer on certain days of the week, it would be a 5 hour drive to Wildwood. We'd stay for a week or 10 days depending on the weather. But the great thing about staying in the hotels in Wildwood Crest is you didn't have to book weekend to weekend. So I booked check in in the middle of the week, and check out in the middle of the week to avoid the Long Beach Island house rental crowds on the highways.

Now, if we go to the shore for the day, we go to Island Beach State Park. Drive the SUV right up onto the beach.
Exit 172. That's a trip. I remember the area around 172 being pretty nice. I forget now, there was one night to avoid coming back from the shore. I think it was Sunday.

I put a stage 2 chip in my Grand National. The twin turbo kicked in most of the time no matter what you did. At some level. Once you got traction, if you floored it, the turbos would go to full power all at once. That's why I was getting around 10mpg. It wasn't much better without the chip. I think the mileage read 16/22.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My ex-wife had a Grand National. Just keep the turbo from kicking in and you safe a lot of gas, but of course all the fun was kicking the turbo in!

I get on at exit 172 on the GSP. That is the last exit in NJ. During the summer on certain days of the week, it would be a 5 hour drive to Wildwood. We'd stay for a week or 10 days depending on the weather. But the great thing about staying in the hotels in Wildwood Crest is you didn't have to book weekend to weekend. So I booked check in in the middle of the week, and check out in the middle of the week to avoid the Long Beach Island house rental crowds on the highways.

Now, if we go to the shore for the day, we go to Island Beach State Park. Drive the SUV right up onto the beach.
Just a little west of exit 172 is the town I grew up in, West Milford. I still miss that place after 42 years of living in New England.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just a little west of exit 172 is the town I grew up in, West Milford. I still miss that place after 42 years of living in New England.
West Milford is more rural than where I live. It is really nice out there. My daughter owns a home in that area. She loves it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
West Milford is more rural than where I live. It is really nice out there. My daughter owns a home in that area. She loves it.
As a kid (early teens), my friends and I used to go camping in the woods, on the mountain behind my house. We'd never even heard of bears being around. Now, the town is overrun with them. I remember hearing about 10 or 15 years ago that there were about 1200. I think it's even more now. Granted, it's an 88 square mile town, but that's still a lot of bears.

Creeper

Reaction score
As a kid (early teens), my friends and I used to go camping in the woods, on the mountain behind my house. We'd never even heard of bears being around. Now, the town is overrun with them. I remember hearing about 10 or 15 years ago that there were about 1200. I think it's even more now. Granted, it's an 88 square mile town, but that's still a lot of bears.
It is true. My daughter sees then in her yard. I have been in my house since 1987. Until about 10 years ago we never saw any wild life other than birds in our yard. Now we get 6 or 7 deer, wild turkeys, coyotes, and fox running around. The herd of deer comes into my yard every morning and evening to eat my shrubs!. There is so much development in the area, the animals have fewer places to hang out.