Got back from the game and here is what I saw

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I was at the game and eventhough still a little groggy, this is what I saw:
  1. Defense is always one step late: either to sack, tackle, or defend.
  2. Runners have picked up on the Saquan Barkley spin move, Cowboys tacklers always let them spin out and gain extra yards.
  3. Dak did not lose the game, but also didn't do enough to win it.
  4. Zeke had some good tough runs, but after they got down by 17, the run game was abandoned.
  5. Cooper is really good even with the drop and interception.
  6. I took the time to really focus in on Garrett and he really does not do anything 'inside' the game. He doesn't seem to talk to anybody in the mic or around him. He really is an observer who tries to pump up the guys as they come on and off the field. I'll give him credit for throwing the red flag at the ump's feet, but after he threw the flag, Garrett should have just chewed him out even more.
  7. The home fans were loud early. The Packers took the crowd out of the game but when the Cowboys made their late run, the fans amped it back up again.
  8. The Packer fans were present and in full force. I was surrounded by a bunch of cheese heads and was getting really p****d when they would do that stupid 'Go Pack go' chant.
  9. In summary it was an ugly game. The offense, defense, special teams, and of course the penalities; all had an equal hand in this loss.
  10. I left thinking the Cowboys are a good but not great team. They cannot overcome turnovers and penalities.
Salud!
Garrett's contribution is pretty much what I've thought it was all along.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I disagree. When you throw 2 int's that is really difficult to overcome. Thats his fault . If he only had the amari one we might have come back but had little chance to do so due to his poor performance. More of daks old self, bad throws and padded stats as we had to throw ourselves back into the game.
From the newly refined status of #4's razor honed pocket passer capabilities,,,er,,,Too!

* Man, sometimes though that whole "patience is a virtue" ol'saw is aptly appropriate, like on the play when #19 Snagged a +40 yarder down on the red-zone?,,, I was yellin' fer' the #4 to ramble off in mobile mo-doc mode down field,,, till,,,well,,,wa'la ( it flat out put a crimp in the tin horn, I'd previously been tootin' on, let me tell ya, :lmao:)

:oops::p:oops:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that about JG for a long time. He literally doesn’t talk to anyone. He does concentrate on the game as hard as I do though. He’s very focused.

InTheZone

Reaction score
If you think the guy who threw 3 picks (and a 4th that was dropped) early and put the team in a 31-3 hole “didn’t cost us the game” you are drunk and should watch the game again
Lol for some reason it felt like he had 6 picks. It was the denver game all over where the ball hit the DB more than I could remember. And no not all were his fault for those who need me to say this.

dckid

Reaction score
This loss is on D. We need to fix the run D priority #1.
How do you fix a leaky Dline during the season? We all knew the defense was mediocre but we chose to sign our guys. This team is built to compete for a wildcard.
Out defense is a few players away, no pass rush is a killer.
The big problem is what to do with Dak. He is Goff without McVay.

dckid

Reaction score
The change should have happened after the Rams game last year..
Of course.
Jus like we should have fired Wade after the 2007 loss.
I was never more embarrassed as a Cowboy fan than after the way the Rams trounced is. That game reminded me of 1995 Nebraska playing Wichita state. They could have run for 500 yards if they wanted to.
On another note, imagine this team with Franc Reich as their head coach???? Just imagine a competent HC.

X550i

Reaction score
If you think the guy who threw 3 picks (and a 4th that was dropped) early and put the team in a 31-3 hole “didn’t cost us the game” you are drunk and should watch the game again
No one was PO’d more than me after each interception. However if anyone who watched the game objectively and wants to pin the entire loss on one player, is drunk with hate.

visionary

Reaction score
No one was PO’d more than me after each interception. However if anyone who watched the game objectively and wants to pin the entire loss on one player, is drunk with hate.

It is this sort of excuse making which is the worst

A loss is never on one player but the QB gets the lions share of the blame esp when he throws 3 picks and 2 more that should have been picks

You’re not POed
You’re just a fan boy who can’t justify the horrid QB play for this week. Next week you’ll be lapping it all up against a bad team and telling us how great Dak is

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, one of those picks was the receiver's fault, but Dak definitely made a few ill advised throws, including the other two picks, and the one that should have been that you mentioned.

visionary

Reaction score
Of course, one of those picks was the receiver's fault, but Dak definitely made a few ill advised throws, including the other two picks, and the one that should have been that you mentioned.

It is often a joint problem but we need to face facts

Dak is an above average NFL QB with significant deficiencies throwing the ball which is how you win in today’s NFL

This is not a 30-35 mill/y franchise QB and we will consign ourselves to the dust bin of mediocrity for many years if we choose to pay him as such. At this point I would sign him to an extension because given his deficiencies and how QB rich this draft is, no team will even pay him 25mill/y in FA

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is often a joint problem but we need to face facts

Dak is an above average NFL QB with significant deficiencies throwing the ball which is how you win in today’s NFL

This is not a 30-35 mill/y franchise QB and we will consign ourselves to the dust bin of mediocrity for many years if we choose to pay him as such. At this point I would sign him to an extension because given his deficiencies and how QB rich this draft is, no team will even pay him 25mill/y in FA

I'm limiting my participation in this discussion to this game, because Dak's contract has been discussed ad nauseam. What I will say is Dak is not a throw the ball 44 times a game guy like he had to be yesterday, but if we can be balanced and throw 35 times a game or less I think Dak can win a lot of football games, including in the playoffs. Of course, in most cases when a team has to throw 44 times they are doing so because there is a problem that is being compensated for.

btcutter

Reaction score
How do you fix a leaky Dline during the season? We all knew the defense was mediocre but we chose to sign our guys. This team is built to compete for a wildcard.
Out defense is a few players away, no pass rush is a killer.
The big problem is what to do with Dak. He is Goff without McVay.

Trade for a real 1 tech DT. He will eat up blockers to free up the LBs to make more plays. Too often OL pancakes our DT and blocks our LBs and S for big gains. Our defensive line philosophy has to change because IT's NOT WORKING.

Honestly, I don't think Dak was the big problem (I was not a big Dak supporter but I've seen him make drastic improvements to believe he is the future). The front 7 of our D line was the biggest reason we lost last two weeks (last week our OL sucked too).

X550i

Reaction score
It is this sort of excuse making which is the worst

A loss is never on one player but the QB gets the lions share of the blame esp when he throws 3 picks and 2 more that should have been picks

You’re not POed
You’re just a fan boy who can’t justify the horrid QB play for this week. Next week you’ll be lapping it all up against a bad team and telling us how great Dak is

"A loss is never on one player" That's what I said.
You know nothing about me. I've never once have been a fanboy of the QB or posted anything remotely close to that.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
hiring a real head coach and staff would help a lot of things this team sucks and that's pretty much the bottomline

btcutter

Reaction score
Time for some two gap run defense. This one gap pressure (shooting gaps) is leaving us wide open against the inside runs, blue print is out

At least mix in 2 gap run D occasionally. Don't have to shoot gaps all the time. Give the opposing coaches something to think about.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looked like the other Packers/Cowboys games to me in recent memory. Fall behind big early and scramble to come up short in the end.

This team is no different than any other we've seen lately.

btcutter

Reaction score
Marinelli is too old to think of that.

Really time for him to go. Why do we all see the problem with lack of 1 tech and no one else on the staff sees it? How about JJ send us their paycheck and listen to us. I think we settle for some free tickets.