Got cute today and played down to the competition

glimmerman

Reaction score
Both teams are professionals. To suspect the Dolphins were either so bad or would lie down is laughable.

The Dolphins played theiur best in the first half. Perhaps Dallas took the game lightly.

But the take-away from this game is Dallas went out and dominated the second half, playing close to their potential.

Hand wringing at this point is wasted.
Pretty much what I am saying is that they got cute and took a NFL team lightly and could have went very bad. JG should have this team ready to play from beginning to end. He waits till half time and says he got upset. To me that’s laughable..

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Pretty much what I am saying is that they got cute and took a NFL team lightly and could have went very bad. JG should have this team ready to play from beginning to end. He waits till half time and says he got upset. To me that’s laughable..

If Garrett is the motivator people suggest, he will have them eating I-beams and pooping nails for the Saints game.

Translated - - ready to play and win.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I do not think that the cowboys got cute today and let the dolphins get close in the first half it is just that cowboys did not execute. the defense needs to step there pass rush or there is going to be a lot points scored on them the next two weeks. I think that the offense missed gallop more then they thought.
I think it was either the experiment of the play calling or Dak looked to the deeper routes. Even the commentators said on Daks pick that he got greedy. Was a terrible decision and wasn’t the only one he made on the day. Not a huge stat guy but Dak could have had some big time stats today. He took a shot at Devin deep today but had a WR wide open 10 yards underneath.. He is seeing the field but was taking chances because he knew the Offense could do what they did in the 3rd quarter...

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Garrett is the motivator people suggest, he will have them eating I-beams and pooping nails for the Saints game.

Translated - - ready to play and win.
He did it last season. So I am hoping for it again. But the problem is that brees is out so our team may do what they did today.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
What did Garrett say after the game?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Team better be watching because the saints are beating up the seahags...

rynochop

Reaction score
The Dolphins certainly didn't look like 'the worst team in history'...I wouldn't be surprised if they won a couple games if they play that hard

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
The Dolphins management might be tanking, but their players and coaches aren't. They really didn't want to lose this game and they came to play. I think Rosen gave them a bit of a spark early.

But, yes, the Cowboys were guilty of some sleepwalking too. They weren't sharp in the first half and had to take halftime to rally and get it together.

Still, I'm going to credit the Dolphins a little. They had far less quit in them when they weren't being saddled with Fitzpatrick and were given a chance to try to win.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Jesus christ I knew it...I knew even if we won by 20+ points people were gonna be on here talkin smack pretending that we played like total and utter garbage and Dak sucks, I seriously can't believe I haven't seen anyone in this thread yet say how crappy Dak is.

Tommy

Reaction score
Dumb post? I guess hopeless dreamer! Let me guess, Garrett just needs whatever "excuse" and were going all the way! He sucks get over it
Garrett is 3-0.

You shouldn’t be crying.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The Dolphins management might be tanking, but their players and coaches aren't. They really didn't want to lose this game and they came to play. I think Rosen gave them a bit of a spark early.

But, yes, the Cowboys were guilty of some sleepwalking too. They weren't sharp in the first half and had to take halftime to rally and get it together.

Still, I'm going to credit the Dolphins a little. They had far less quit in them when they weren't being saddled with Fitzpatrick and were given a chance to try to win.
Agreed.. And I thought that before the game even started. When rosen went out and fitz came in I was more worried.. Lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Team better be watching because the saints are beating up the seahags...
The team is watching. Their main worry is improving their overall execution (especially on defense) from the opening kickoff. Hopefully fans are watching because anyone underestimating what Bridgewater can do in place of Brees is only fooling themselves.

mmohican29

Reaction score
This was a game that had to be difficult to be "up" for.

The Cowboys moved the ball with such ease early, then Dak had a greedy moment that gave the Fins hope.

Combine that with an uninspired Defense and you get a half that looked like todays.

Not concerned. The DL needs a real wake up call however. Better teams will put more points on the board and ruin our BEST play style- which is complimentary and balanced. Still don't want to get into too many shootouts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's difficult for teams to be at their mental best for 16 games, 19 if they get to the Super Bowl.
So you take breaks where you can. This was our break. With the Saints whipping up on the Seahawks, I expect us to regain our mental edge next week.