Got some good inside info today

erod

Reaction score
Nothing Earth shattering, more just confirming what I already believed. I was speaking with a former NFL GM today, the guy was NFL executive of the year not all that long ago "in the last 7-8 years. Put together a helluva roster and coaching staff so the guy knows what he's talking about. I told him I believed the Cowboys were loaded this year and well stocked for a deep run that could end in a Super Bowl title. This is what he said...........He said I was absolutely right that the Cowboys are loaded. Said that they had more than enuff talent to get to and win a title THIS YEAR,..........BUT ,...the question with the Cowboys is the same as its been for awhile now. Do they have the coaching?! Basically he said Garrett is a solid coach but has a long track record at always making the critical error somewhere along the way that ends up holding his teams back from winning anything meaningful.

Dont shoot the messenger. Just wanted to pass along what I heard today from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Jeff Fisher went to the Super Bowl. Mike McCarthy won to the Super Bowl. John Fox went to the Super Bowl. Bruce Arians and Ron Rivera went to Super Bowls.

It's about quarterbacks unless you have one helluva defense.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wait a minute!
I thought we would never be elite because of our QB, safeties, and fading OL.
So now we are an elite team with a head coach holding us back.... ugh

Dre11

Reaction score
1*BU57RnJoFGfiZq3d7sgxYQ.jpeg

You can lie to yourself and try to convince yourself of anything you need to, just spare the rest of us your baseless bull****.

Lol....who's in more denial than you and your lackeys. You'll were strutting around at 3-5, how that turn out for you? You thought at the end of 2015, probably said it at the end of 2017. So rest of you are batting .000....lol

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Nothing Earth shattering, more just confirming what I already believed. I was speaking with a former NFL GM today, the guy was NFL executive of the year not all that long ago "in the last 7-8 years. Put together a helluva roster and coaching staff so the guy knows what he's talking about. I told him I believed the Cowboys were loaded this year and well stocked for a deep run that could end in a Super Bowl title. This is what he said...........He said I was absolutely right that the Cowboys are loaded. Said that they had more than enuff talent to get to and win a title THIS YEAR,..........BUT ,...the question with the Cowboys is the same as its been for awhile now. Do they have the coaching?! Basically he said Garrett is a solid coach but has a long track record at always making the critical error somewhere along the way that ends up holding his teams back from winning anything meaningful.

Dont shoot the messenger. Just wanted to pass along what I heard today from someone who knows what they are talking about.
The former NFL GM is absolutely right. Nothing new, many of us recognized 5-6-7 years ago the coaching is the issue. No innovation, no ability to adjust game plans, poor play calling and on and on.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol....who's in more denial than you and your lackeys. You'll were strutting around at 3-5, how that turn out for you? You thought at the end of 2015, probably said it at the end of 2017. So rest of you are batting .000....lol

Where are those championships you seem to think he's won?

'Lol' that doofus.

Nobody has a worse "batting average" than you and your fountain of excuses for underachievers.

When he goes - and he will - I just hope you and your lame excuses go with him.

ondaedg

Reaction score
In the salary cap era you gotta have a coaching advantage each and every week. Garrett just isn't that type of strategic or tactical genius and this mystery GM just confirms what amateurs like me have been saying since he took over.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the salary cap era you gotta have a coaching advantage each and every week. Garrett just isn't that type of strategic or tactical genius and this mystery GM just confirms what amateurs like me have been saying since he took over.

And the truth still hurts some fans.

Dre11

Reaction score
Where are those championships you seem to think he's won?

'Lol' that doofus.

Nobody has a worse "batting average" than you and your fountain of excuses for underachievers.

When he goes - and he will - I just hope you and your lame excuses go with him.

Lol you can't even stay on topic. As I said you're batting .000 you've been wrong and made to look like a fool. Especially at 3-5 and you put him in grave....lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol you can't even stay on topic. As I said you're batting .000 you've been wrong and made to look like a fool. Especially at 3-5 and you put him in grave....lol

What "topic" is that? The one where you once again made a claim with nothing to back it up and got called out on it and now don't like it?

Yeah, I'm exactly on topic.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

I agree. I don't consider myself a Garrett basher because this team does respond to his coaching. But as an in-game strategist Garrett offers very little.

Even the OP said he heard nothing groundbreaking. I just hope this is the year the Cowboys have amassed enough talent to win it all regardless of coaching.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I don't consider myself a Garrett basher because this team does respond to his coaching. But as an in-game strategist Garrett offers very little.

Even the OP said he heard nothing groundbreaking. I just hope this is the year the Cowboys have amassed enough talent to win it all regardless of coaching.

I don't know that enough player talent exists to overcome a lack of coaching enough to win it all.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't know that enough player talent exists to overcome a lack of coaching enough to win it all.

The Cowboys have Pro Bowl caliber talent and depth at just about every position but safety in my opinion. This was the youngest roster to make the playoffs last year so they should only get better.

I'm probably being the eternal optimist here, but I see a team that went from 3-5 in early November to eight points shy of the NFC Championship Game and think it's a team that has turned the corner.

Dre11

Reaction score
What "topic" is that? The one where you once again made a claim with nothing to back it up and got called out on it and now don't like it?

Yeah, I'm exactly on topic.

What did you back your claim up with? I had nothing to back up. You're the one certain Garrett hasn't been extended because of performance. Yet you heard none of that from his boss....lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I don't remember anyone taking responsibility away from Cowher like Jerry has with Jason.

Yeah, it was clear from the beginning that they didn't need to. Cowher was up to the task.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did you back your claim up with? I had nothing to back up. You're the one certain Garrett hasn't been extended because of performance. Yet you heard none of that from his boss....lol

No, you're the guy that tried to chastise someone else and had nothing to back it up.