Got stats or tape on the drops?

Number1

Reaction score
Drops are drops, not bad throws. The QB is responsible for bad throws, but if it is a drop, it's on the receiver, not the QB.

true but he's been behind too many crossing patterns, catch-able throw yes

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
IMO, 50% are probably on Dak but I'd love to see tape on all of them

Drops aren't on Dak. I agree he had a rough night, but some of his passes were fine and they were dropped. WR's and Dak should share the blame for the rough offense last night though.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Drops are drops, not bad throws. The QB is responsible for bad throws, but if it is a drop, it's on the receiver, not the QB.

Yes, but some bad throws are classified by some as drops.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The one drop that stuck out was the deep seam pass to cooper where he had both hands on the ball but he dropped it. It was a good pass.

I need to go back and look at that one. Initially, I thought it was a drop, too, but I don't know if Cooper did more than reach for it enough to touch it with both hands. Not every pass a receiver touches is a drop.

The screen pass to Pollard and short pass to Witten were both clear drops.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I need to go back and look at that one. Initially, I thought it was a drop, too, but I don't know if Cooper did more than reach for it enough to touch it with both hands. Not every pass a receiver touches is a drop.

The screen pass to Pollard and short pass to Witten were both clear drops.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was a dime by Dak Prescott that Amari Cooper has to catch. <a href="https://t.co/wgzSQuGFEG">pic.twitter.com/wgzSQuGFEG</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) <a href="">November 5, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but some bad throws are classified by some as drops.

Some drops are likely thought by some as bad throws too. I think of "drops" as balls that can be caught without an extraordinary effort. The throw doesn't have to be perfect, and as long as the receiver can get both hands on the throw without the need to dive or for a dramatic contortion of the body, it has to be considered a ball that should be caught.

gimmesix

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was a dime by Dak Prescott that Amari Cooper has to catch. <a href="https://t.co/wgzSQuGFEG">pic.twitter.com/wgzSQuGFEG</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) <a href="">November 5, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree. Looking at it again confirms that it was catchable. Maybe not perfect because Cooper seems to struggle with any throws that he has to reach back for, even if just slightly, but that one has to be caught.

Not meaning that to blame Prescott at all. With the safety coming over, he put it where he had to. Cooper just seems to have a limited wheelhouse.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

gimmesix

Reaction score
Some drops are likely thought by some as bad throws too. I think of "drops" as balls that can be caught without an extraordinary effort. The throw doesn't have to be perfect, and as long as the receiver can get both hands on the throw without the need to dive or for a dramatic contortion of the body, it has to be considered a ball that should be caught.

Probably. The ones that really make a QB look bad are almost always considered bad throws — passes to where the receiver is supposed to be but he ran the wrong route or didn't run it right.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was curious on the one down the seam to Cooper. First look made it seem like it was behind Cooper a bit but still should have been caught but they didn't show a replay, to my knowledge. Anyone have a clip of that one?

gimmesix

Reaction score
Looks like a classic case of hearing footsteps.

Might have been. I just don't think from what we've seen that Cooper is very good if he has to reach toward his back shoulder. Might be fine on designed back-shoulder throws, but when he has to adjust, he has trouble with them. Probably an eye-hand coordination thing. He has his eyes/mind on what he's going to do after catching the ball and fails to look it in first.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I was curious on the one down the seam to Cooper. First look made it seem like it was behind Cooper a bit but still should have been caught but they didn't show a replay, to my knowledge. Anyone have a clip of that one?

A gif is posted in this thread. Not the best angle.

It was definitely in the “should have been caught” column.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Every pass that a receiver gets his hands on is equal in difficulty and has the same catch-able percentage?

Fascinating.

They don't assign a drop to every pass that a receiver gets a hand on.

Many are judged as not the receiver's fault. It is the same process that goes into determining errors in baseball.

But hey, thanks for your "contribution"