Got to meet Hershel

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
go to a website to host your image like: imgur and make new post uploading your image
after that copy the link of the image you just uploaded and click on image icon above next to the smiley in this section and post the link
You know you just let the cat out of the bag.. :grin:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I can top that.. I ran against him once (yes I got beat) in Winter Park, Florida back in 1979 and then bumped into him again at the MMA gym 40 years later in San Jose, CA. Well when I say bumped into him I mean I heard he was training at my old gym and since I knew the owner (who was also Herschel's trainer) I was allowed to stop in. Still a specimen of a man even at 50 or whatever he was then. And yes still a consummate gentleman.
(in reference to the bold) LOL that was brave for you to run against him.. Dude was a beast in his younger days...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
(in reference to the bold) LOL that was brave for you to run against him.. Dude was a beast in his younger days...

Well I only had to run in my lane.. not tackle him.. LOL! And hell I was pretty damn fast back in my day too.. I thought I had a chance..

Motorola

Reaction score
Good for you.
Saw him play in college in person.
I did too - to my team's detriment (Georgia Tech).
Despite Georgia QB Steston Bennett's long saga (parents met at UGA, walk-on who transferred out to a lower school, then came back, beat own more highly touted- achieved competition) to help get the third national championship in the school's history (all coincidentally four decades apart - 1942, 1980, 2021)
....AND a great number of fans who saw him play live having passed on - Walker will still be recognized as the greates Bulldogs football player of all time (to date).
Remember his first great collegiate game highlight play was running over SEC rival Tennessee Volunteers safety /future Cowboys teammate Bill Bates for a touchdown.
A distinguished pro football career in two leagues - USFL and NFL.
PLUS - being the linchpin in arguably the greatest trade in NFL history.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Its sad how he seems to be suffering signs of CTE.

He was Greg Hardy 20 years earlier. I'm sure all those lauding him on this thread had some choice things to say against Mr. Hardy when he was here.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I did too - to my team's detriment (Georgia Tech).
Despite Georgia QB Steston Bennett's long saga (parents met at UGA, walk-on who transferred out to a lower school, then came back, beat own more highly touted- achieved competition) to help get the third national championship in the school's history (all coincidentally four decades apart - 1942, 1980, 2021)
....AND a great number of fans who saw him play live having passed on - Walker will still be recognized as the greates Bulldogs football player of all time (to date).
Remember his first great collegiate game highlight play was running over SEC rival Tennessee Volunteers safety /future Cowboys teammate Bill Bates for a touchdown.
A distinguished pro football career in two leagues - USFL and NFL.
PLUS - being the linchpin in arguably the greatest trade in NFL history.
Feel your pain
I'm a gator fan.
Saw him his freshman year at the gatorbowl

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Guess the bar for classiness has been greatly lowered by some over the years.

I may be old school, but threatening to kill your wife and thoughts of killing others, lying about your business success. Those dont seem to be classy.
What are you talking about ?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Guess the bar for classiness has been greatly lowered by some over the years.

I may be old school, but threatening to kill your wife and thoughts of killing others, lying about your business success. Those dont seem to be classy.

Read that. Didn’t want to mention it.